IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Corvette guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-12, 11:02 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GS wanted
I'm a Vette guy (modified C6 w/ OEM C6 Z06 rear widebody conversion.) We're not all hairy chest, balding, gold chain wearing douche bags. ha ha My GS4 is still my favorite car though. ;-)

And, it gets annoying sometimes having plenty of people rev up next to me when I'm in the Vette. Sometimes it's a compliment or cool nod of acknowledgement. Other times they just prove that egotistical nutjobs come in all makes and models. ha ha
First, your Vette is awesome - there's a blue one around my area fixed up like yours wit super wide fenders. I am always gawking at it - so MEAN!

Not all Vette guys are the same and neither are all IS-F guys. I know jerks in both categories!

Being a native Chicagoan - I've had my share of Vette's and experiences with them. Most of the guys are pretty laid back and just love cars.

The newer C6 models will beat anything in the Lexus lineup and probably stay neck/neck to the LFA too with the right driver. I will own one someday for sure!
Old 06-01-12, 12:14 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^ nice vette they are mean looking cars

here is my moms 2012 super sport 100 year anniversary lol shes 66 and drives like a 66 year old lady! poor car never gets opened up!

im guna have to ask her to borrow it from time to time switch with the F she likes my car so im sure she would agree lol

Old 06-01-12, 03:34 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
First, your Vette is awesome - there's a blue one around my area fixed up like yours wit super wide fenders. I am always gawking at it - so MEAN!

Not all Vette guys are the same and neither are all IS-F guys. I know jerks in both categories!

Being a native Chicagoan - I've had my share of Vette's and experiences with them. Most of the guys are pretty laid back and just love cars.

The newer C6 models will beat anything in the Lexus lineup and probably stay neck/neck to the LFA too with the right driver. I will own one someday for sure!
Thanks. I think you might be referring to this extreme widebody (ZR8X conversion) down in the bay area. That is a W-I-C-K-E-D car. I've seen it at a couple meets.

Murph145, your mom has to rank among the coolest 66 y.o. women for sure. ha ha NICE Grand Sport!
Old 06-01-12, 04:17 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^YUP GS WANTED: That is the exact car I was talking about!

he's always on the 880 and I seem to run into him more often than not. I gave him a thumbs up in my s2000 once and he replied back. One time I was in my NSX and cruised with him a while. Never drove like an idiot but with that kind of rear end it just looks like it means business!
Old 06-01-12, 04:28 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love the new Z06's! ZR1's are freaken amazing machines!!
Old 06-01-12, 06:10 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Murph145

Very nice! That car would crap all over our F's.
Old 06-01-12, 06:54 PM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by caco666
Corvette's are way too unstable in the wrong hands. I wouldn't risk racing one. There's a good chance he'll lose grip and wreck both yours and his car.

Check out Corvette fail vids on Youtube.

Now, I don't have an ISF yet. Word is that it's at Long Beach port since Monday, how long does it take to unload and move to dealer? Dealer is an hour's drive away from port.
You mean like this:

Old 06-01-12, 06:58 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

HAhah, great vid.

I just sick of seeing vettes every 7 cars on the weekend... Boring.

Viper Viper Viper Will be my next car (98 gts please)
Old 06-01-12, 07:00 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by LexIS007
Very Nice...looks like he got into a nice tankslapper by lifting off the throttle when the back end got sideways, then all the weight shifted to the front, etc...
Old 06-01-12, 07:55 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Just proves again the fact that a Fast car DOES not mean a Fast Driver.
Old 06-02-12, 07:23 AM
liebsaz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mrd916
Had my F for about a month now and on several occasions a guy driving a Corvette wants to race. The guys and the cars are different but might as well be the same, mid to late 50s, balding head, mustache and either alone or an ugly bleach blonde hag that looks like her prime was during the Smokey and The Bandit era. Yes their cheese **** yellow vette is prob faster than my car but i won't lose any sleep at night. These losers make Mustang guys look cool
agree with your description of the typical vette "dude."

With the exceptions of the awesome corvettes posted in this thread, the corvette is just like the camero SS, I see about 20 of them per day.
It's nice to drive something rare
Old 06-02-12, 02:55 PM
DerekISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
HAhah, great vid.

I just sick of seeing vettes every 7 cars on the weekend... Boring.

Viper Viper Viper Will be my next car (98 gts please)
Haha same here. That's why I picked up a viper. I've got a 96' b/w GTS supercharged.

Vettes are nice and all but just not for me.
Old 06-02-12, 05:27 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GS wanted
Dude....nice vette....nuff said.
Old 06-02-12, 09:40 PM
Straightik
Rookie

Everybody knows that bang for your buck you can never beat a Vette,.. that's why all the 66yr old Mom's buy them I agree at the exceptions on this thread, and I appreciate the hard work some vette's have done to them, but If I see another stock yellow C5 at a car show I'm going to lose my marbles. Rarity Is is always a big factor IMO, because at the end of the day, no matter how much work you've done to your Vette, you'll still be put in that mid 50's mid-life crisis box.

I might be a little Bias as well because there's a local Corvette club chapter here with well over 40 cars, and all but one are worth less then $15k. .... I miss the West Coast :-(
Old 06-03-12, 08:05 AM
Endgame
Driver

Disagree with OP. I love Vettes; let me correct that, I love C6 Z06s and ZR1s. A good driver with a C6 Vette will run away from an ISF. They look awesome to boot.

I have a friend who is 37 with a C6 Z06 and knows how to drive it. Good guy. I have much respect for Vettes.

That said, they are a little more tricky to drive fast on very curvy roads (even in a straight line at times as the vid shows).

Quick Reply: Corvette guys