IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New guy with an old 2008, and a question

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-12, 05:14 PM
Mastermnd1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy with an old 2008, and a question

I'm new here. I figured I'd introduce myself and tell my story. I picked up the car with about 52,000 miles. I was looking at getting a 3rd car for my wife and I. I was considering a 645 convertible, a G35 coupe, 350z, or a sedan faster than my previous car, a 2009 Nissan Maxima with premium package. It's hilarious how many people thought that car was fast. Before that I had a 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi.

I loved that Subaru community, how everyone greeted each other, and everywhere you went people knew what that car was. Except my wife hated the spoiler, she and her friend thought it looked like a roller skate- but hey that's cool.

In the few days I've owned this car, I've seen many people take notice, give thumbs up, or catch up to "see something". I can't come up with enough reasons to go driving.

This car has all of the performance characteristics of the STi and more, and a presence that I can't put into words.

I love the feeling (again) of pulling into a place and seeing people nudge their buddy and point out my car.

I have to ask, what do people say about our car?

I've been looking for threads that speak to the day-to-day experience of owning this car. Those are the moments that make me smile.

-MM1
Old 06-18-12, 05:20 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 81 Posts

Welcome to CL and congrats on the purchase. I too own a 2008 that I picked up back in February and it really is a difference driving this car on the roads compare to any others. I used to get revved on by civics, celicas, s2ks, etc with a bunch of ricer fly by's... but now I have porsche's, m3's, m5's, fully modded wrx's, evo's, etc revving and giving me a thumbs up.

My mail man always stops by my place to chit chat about my car and how much he loves it whenever I'm outside with the garage open. Every's first question... "its fast huh?"

Again, welcome to the club!
Old 06-18-12, 06:06 PM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the boards! It seems like there's a lot of F buyers starting threads recently, which is always cool to see.

I started a thread last week sharing a story of a run-in I had with a Ferarri driver https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...nt-your-f.html and surprisingly, being approached like that is pretty common. I live in a rather small town, so the car draws attention and questions almost everywhere it goes. On Saturday, I met an Audi RS4 owner who was on the fence about what to trade it in for. After looking over my F, he said he had found his RS4 replacement.

Post up some pics of your car when you get a chance.
Old 06-18-12, 09:23 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome to the club man. I always get complimented on my F for the way it looks but some people don't give the car enough credit. I have had so many people bash the car and be like its so slow and its so heavy. they all say I bet my ... would smoke it in a 0-70 run. I try to resist and say whatever but some people take it too far. Lets just say people in my area definitely respect the car more now...

Last edited by zapa; 06-19-12 at 07:23 AM.
Old 06-18-12, 09:26 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

I live in a Po'dunk town, people are sick of seeing and hearing me drive around lol.
Old 06-19-12, 07:37 AM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

......One of the cool things about driving a rare beastly sedan like ours! Thumbs up, pointed fingers, and the auspicious buddy nudge. Anyone whom is into cars knows exactly what it is!!! And you get the WOW factor!! Makes me smile every time I get behind the wheel.
Old 06-19-12, 07:51 AM
Murajitul
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the club and I also recently purchased F too. I feel the same attention up here in NE region. You will enjoy the car!
Old 06-19-12, 10:04 AM
Dymelos
Rookie

wait until you bump into another F and you will love your car even more. coming from a 3sx to the f has been a huge eye opener in positive attention. I love the fact if people don't know what the car is, they just think its another 250/350 but when you run into the ones that do it makes it even more of an amazing purchase.
Old 06-19-12, 08:42 PM
DonTN
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! I just came from a 650i Convertible and it was the worst car I've ever owned due to maintenance. It was a very flashy car with my mods in a smaller town, which was nice in the beginning but got old quickly, in the end I never even took the top down. The thing I love about the F is how FUN it is, while not having to worry about things breaking 24/7. The F is more rare and isn't a huge attention getter which is something I love.
Old 06-19-12, 10:20 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Careful if you put some mods on her... The attention will come!
Old 06-19-12, 11:06 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
I live in a Po'dunk town, people are sick of seeing and hearing me drive around lol.
Gee, I wonder why that is?? LOL

2010 Lexus ISF PPE Headers JOE Z Exhaust K40 Radar
Old 06-20-12, 06:53 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome. Now its time to make some noise, full exhaust will def get you ALL the attention (not some)
Old 06-20-12, 07:40 AM
Mastermnd1
Driver School Candidate

I can't imagine this car getting any more aggressive sounding. I think it's already got the perfect blend of performance and grown up luxury. I'm not one to put much money into performance add ons on a car.

If I wanna go really fast, or make a statement, I bring out one of the bikes.

-MM1
Old 06-20-12, 08:41 AM
MWhit02

people say, "what's an ISF?"
Old 06-20-12, 02:17 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by MWhit02
people say, "what's an ISF?"