IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

15whp in a bottle? RAN✩UP Engine Oil Optimizer

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-12, 06:52 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The only big power in a bottle is nitrous.... Most Additives are a joke, if rs-r fronts me a bottle il throw it on a dyno.
Old 06-21-12, 01:40 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,998 Likes on 2,422 Posts

If it worked, everyone would run it and all the major players in the engine oil world would have to have in their product. Call me a skeptic, but I've seen the same kind of "results" from Slick 50.

I also do not trust magazine articles. Been burned way too many times to mention by some miracle horsepower gizmo that all the magazines said was great.

When I was a kid, it was STP from Andy Granatelli. It actually ruined your oil, but he sold enough of it to make a pretty nice living.

Besides, if it's a powder <5 microns and they're claiming friction reduction, it smells already. There's 1000 microns between the cylinder wall and the piston skirt at the tightest point and that's the smallest gap in the engine short of the rings scraping the cylinder walls. So if they're claiming a 4% power increase, they should be able to show a 4% friction reduction in the rings pretty easily with the engine in a stand and a torque wrench.
Old 06-21-12, 08:07 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^---true that
Old 06-21-12, 08:28 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to believe there is something that could reduce friction like they are claiming. Not sure how much we lose due to friction but nothing so far has any credibility. On another note, I hear you on other oil companies would be all over it etc. if it did work but you could claim the same thing as to why more cars don't come with better factory designed headers and exhaust, intakes etc. you hear all the arguments as to why they don't do it but the bottom line is they don't. Smog issues or not, it can be done if they chose to do so. Makes you wonder what really drives these companies.
Old 06-21-12, 08:51 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

someone needs to put this too the test. Person should have a recent dyno done then drive like 500 miles with the additive then re dyno with very similar conditions. till then I'm out.
Old 06-22-12, 06:13 AM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LoBux is right on the money (again). If this stuff was legit, a large corporation would have bought out the company that makes it and started a huge marketing effort. What was it PT Barnum said......
Old 06-22-12, 06:23 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How many uses are you supposed to get out of a bottle? Even if it did work it sounds like a costly temporary gain.
Old 06-22-12, 11:37 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 7No
LoBux is right on the money (again). If this stuff was legit, a large corporation would have bought out the company that makes it and started a huge marketing effort. What was it PT Barnum said......
true.

But at the same time, alot of the time it takes a little guy to figure it out before the big guys buy the technology and make it main stream.
Old 06-22-12, 04:28 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

I don't know about you, but anything with this tag line has to work right?
"Utilizing key components that have been derived from aerospace robotics"

I mean they are sacrificing fallen orbital satellites to make this stuff like stem cell for spinal cords.

but all jokes aside ceramic bearings have outperformed standard friction modifed ball bearings for years. The reason why no one uses they is because they are cost prohibitive and this is no different. Adding 50 to an oil change is not my cup of tea, but it might be fine for restricted class racing where you are trying to get every second out of a lap time. Manufactures constanly play the cost/benefit analysis vs market demand game and it would be hard to market a quart of oil for $25.

I would still be surprised at the results though given the already friction modifed coatings that we have in the 2UR motor.

Just tell your wife to lose 20lbs and it will have the same impact. On second thought I do not want anyone getting hurt so just take it off your own waistline.

Here is another company that makes something similar for less money. though it does not say much about how much you get. It lasts 40K miles.

http://www.ceramizers.com/Products/Details/CERCS
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions

Last edited by FIGS; 06-22-12 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-22-12, 06:53 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Send me your 50 bucks and lemme punch you in the gut. That way you'd feel good you got something outta this.