IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What the F... Where are our..

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-12, 04:42 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

All available bolt ons with a good dose of spray should easily get you over 500whp.
Old 06-30-12, 05:05 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by zazzn
It's pissing me off you can get a kit for m3's but f all for a IS-F when I know that engine can take tons of power.
Do you know how many M3s are out there? They easily outnumber the IS Fs 10:1.

M3 has racing heritage. A cult following...however, if Lexus does things right and continue the IS F...who knows what maybe down the line...the 1st Gen IS F may one day be like an e30 M3? NAH....LOL
Old 06-30-12, 06:23 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Honestly the ISF was the wrong car to buy if you are going for big power. Most people are happy with them the way they are. A piggy back is almost useless with the way our ECU works. I could care less if some highly modded M3 is faster than me. I didn't buy the car to race people.
Old 07-01-12, 07:59 AM
madastep
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can't bag on him for wanting more power our of his car, different strokes for different folks. He's right about the engine, people direct injecting 225plus reliably into the car makes you wanna have that kinda power w/o a bottle attached.
Old 07-01-12, 08:09 AM
rapsquared
Driver

I actually bought my F so I couldnt mod it I have made modding decisions in the past I regret and money pits are not fun. I love cars but they arent fun when they are pushed to the point of consuming time and resources. I wanted something that I could daily and still have a blast in.

I have several friends with M3s and they are are fun but I really like my F tons better and know with the mods available on the M I would never stop. Its a sickness and we are all attics! With the F there is no wondering what mods are best or what mods to get since the selection is so limited and I see that as a good thing.

That said I will be getting the available mods and adding spray to mine but thats cheaper than any turbo kit!
Old 07-02-12, 12:19 PM
zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It's funny, I've been doing more looking into things...

It seems there are ECU re-programmers out there...
https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfo...ice&_nfpb=true

The Toyota TIS and the Pass Thru Pro II allow some reprogramming. I'm sure that if the right people started to reverse engineer this stuff they would be able to crack it and have alot of control over the ECU. I don't think this stuff have been put in the right hands to be honest...

Very annoying...

There may be 10:1 M3's to IS-F's but many of the IS-F owners are or were supra owners who were not used to this type of limitation.

It's not about big power... Just a good enough of power.. 600 WHP would put a nice big smile on my face.. I'm sure.
Old 07-02-12, 12:25 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Lol I think I would be happy with 500whp.
Old 07-02-12, 03:26 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by amgone75
So I had my girl call lems and inquire about their supercharger kit. About 23 grand and only an additional 70 hp. Wtf??? And their kits are sold out.they be ballin in Japan.lol
Hilarious. I'd take that 70 hp in addition to my intake headers and exhaust. But the most ill spend for it is 2k.

I have a friend in Texas that had a twin turbo f. Said he would get smoke from stop light to stop light waiting on it to spool up. Lol. Said the stock f was a lot more responsive and fun.
Old 07-02-12, 07:28 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Lol I think I would be happy with 500whp.
I have 500 wheel in my ISF and i thought i would be happy there too, in fact i am happy but the problem is that spray isnt on all the time and it runs out to fast. i think i flashed 997 turbo or a gtr alpha 6 are in my future in the next couple years
Old 07-02-12, 08:56 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by darbs242
I have 500 wheel in my ISF and i thought i would be happy there too, in fact i am happy but the problem is that spray isnt on all the time and it runs out to fast. i think i flashed 997 turbo or a gtr alpha 6 are in my future in the next couple years
Yea I could get my SC 300 over 500whp much easier than the F lol
Old 07-02-12, 10:01 PM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had 500whp more or less w nitrous and it was great! So far the ISF TQ with bolt ons is much more entertaining than my stock GTR at mid to low range.

It would have been interesting to have had a sc or turbo option.

~Dv8
Old 07-03-12, 12:23 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Honestly the ISF was the wrong car to buy if you are going for big power. Most people are happy with them the way they are. A piggy back is almost useless with the way our ECU works. I could care less if some highly modded M3 is faster than me. I didn't buy the car to race people.
+1...Even a car for a little more power...there's bout enough aftermarket support. Do what other people are doing...Joe Z Intake & PTS Exhaust, PPE / Sikky header, there's your 480/490ish hp, probably about 400whp.

Originally Posted by rapsquared
I actually bought my F so I couldnt mod it I have made modding decisions in the past I regret and money pits are not fun. I love cars but they arent fun when they are pushed to the point of consuming time and resources. I wanted something that I could daily and still have a blast in.

I have several friends with M3s and they are are fun but I really like my F tons better and know with the mods available on the M I would never stop. Its a sickness and we are all attics! With the F there is no wondering what mods are best or what mods to get since the selection is so limited and I see that as a good thing.
I bought my F for the SAME EXACT REASON! Plus the F was $15,000 less than the M3 I wanted
Old 07-03-12, 08:20 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by zazzn
It's funny, I've been doing more looking into things...

It seems there are ECU re-programmers out there...
https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfo...ice&_nfpb=true

The Toyota TIS and the Pass Thru Pro II allow some reprogramming. I'm sure that if the right people started to reverse engineer this stuff they would be able to crack it and have alot of control over the ECU. I don't think this stuff have been put in the right hands to be honest...

Very annoying...

There may be 10:1 M3's to IS-F's but many of the IS-F owners are or were supra owners who were not used to this type of limitation.

It's not about big power... Just a good enough of power.. 600 WHP would put a nice big smile on my face.. I'm sure.

So do these devices just let them reprogram them to the "factory default settings" or can you actually "tune" the car or Reflash it with a different (higher hp) program?
Old 07-03-12, 11:35 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by blitz_714
A member here crazympg had that turbo set up. but couldnt really tuned , dynoed good ### but never couldnt get down to the ground. He ended up sold the F and part out everything , and kept his GTR.
haha...it was fun while I had it...but the GTR just felt and drove much better. I am still currently looking for a replacement for my IS-F...LoL But I'll tell you that the boost was amazing on the F and it sounded sick with the spooling from the rear...haha...I sold the kit to a local IS-F owner that's a tech at a Lexus dealership. He installed it and it's running fine so I guess he's happy.
Old 07-06-12, 12:42 AM
faeflora
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rapsquared

That said I will be getting the available mods and adding spray to mine but thats cheaper than any turbo kit!
This is a big part of why I bought the IS-F too.

"modding" is how I ended up with a $50,000 miata.