IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Twin Turbo in TX

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-12, 06:51 PM
rapsquared
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Norwood actually bought it back from the guy who he built it for. His wife drove it for 12k as it sits and never had any issues. If the CELs pop up the car will go to limp mode. It was suggested to get a cheap scanner to clear them if the code randomly pops up.

Its a feat in itself to have the car function and it was pulled off very well.

Would I drop 40k for the TT? Nope.

Would I pay a few K over what the retail value of the car is to have the only Twin Turbo ISF in North America, that was put together and owned by a true car guy? We will see
Old 10-31-12, 07:03 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to see more info coming about this F. I still think it would be a better value to get a used GTR thats already faster in stock form than a TT ISF.
Old 10-31-12, 07:16 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be honest, if you can afford a $60k car, another $40k is likely not out of the question. But I concur that if power is all you want, a GTR is your best bang for buck with $100k burning a hole in your pocket.

This is an ISF fanatic's dream, not a "best deal". But it IS (no pun intended ) an awesome car no matter how you look at it. 450whp is absolutely nothing to sneeze at and it's literally one of a kind.

With a completely disposable income I would be extremely interested!
Old 10-31-12, 10:18 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't recommend buying highly modified cars. It scares me even more when it's a one of a kind highly modified car. I have been at the mercy of a "one-of-a-kind" mechanic for such a car many years ago. It wasn't cheap, and the worste part is the feeling that you can't do a damn thing about it! Helpless to the mechanic's agenda or else the car won't get fixed.

Don't put yourself in that situation.
Old 11-01-12, 10:21 AM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PurduePete
I don't recommend buying highly modified cars. It scares me even more when it's a one of a kind highly modified car. I have been at the mercy of a "one-of-a-kind" mechanic for such a car many years ago. It wasn't cheap, and the worste part is the feeling that you can't do a damn thing about it! Helpless to the mechanic's agenda or else the car won't get fixed.

Don't put yourself in that situation.
EXACTLY. I learned this the hard way years back with a highly modified 3000GT VR4 putting out 450+whp. Great fun to drive when it ran right, but a nightmare to maintain and tune. I swore that never again would I ever own another highly modified daily driver unless I had money to burn.

If you gave me the choice of this car or a completely stock IS-F at the same price, I would take the stock car in a heartbeat.

There's a reason why after all this money and time that he's selling this thing. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole..