IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Current ISF owners: What's your next car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-13, 05:08 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well... Looks like my hand is being forced here. A few years shy of my projections ( just turned 23 last month), but ill have a new car within 2 months
Old 06-19-13, 05:12 AM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Well... Looks like my hand is being forced here. A few years shy of my projections ( just turned 23 last month), but ill have a new car within 2 months
Tell me its a GT-R...
Old 06-19-13, 07:39 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by staman
Tell me its a GT-R...
Between 996/997 Turbo, 996 Gt2, Gtr, Zr1, 08 Acr Viper. The isf got flooded so as soon as that check comes in ill make the choice.
Old 06-19-13, 07:50 AM
tgui
Pole Position

Between 996/997 Turbo, 996 Gt2, Gtr, Zr1, 08 Acr Viper. The isf got flooded so as soon as that check comes in ill make the choice.
So you're looking for attention ovbiously by being light on the flooding details? Just dying for someone to ask for more info?

I'm not playing into your desperation.
Old 06-19-13, 08:20 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tgui
So you're looking for attention ovbiously by being light on the flooding details? Just dying for someone to ask for more info?

I'm not playing into your desperation.
lol no. not really my style. I'm on my phone now, but when I get to my PC I'll post a thread with pics
Old 06-19-13, 08:30 AM
tgui
Pole Position

lol no. not really my style. I'm on my phone now, but when I get to my PC I'll post a thread with pics
hehe!

Thanks. Just messin with ya! Sorry for the bad news.
Old 06-19-13, 08:32 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

996 GT2 is siiiiiick. Why not Gallardo? I assume you're into modding then, because the only thing that would make the gallardo unbeatable is the TT kits from Heffner/UR.
Old 06-19-13, 08:46 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nameless1
Maybe the next gen ISF, most likely a GTR. I drove my buddy's 911 and it didn't impress me that much. I'm happier with the ISF.
Don't let your limited driving skills down play a car and saying it doesn't impress you. It's a different animal. IS F weighs almost 4000lbs and a 911 weighs like 3000lbs. 911 is highly regarded as a benchmark for sports car performance. Sports car...not exotic cars.

When the GT-R came out and did it's ring time, it was compared to a 911. Food for thought.
Old 06-19-13, 08:54 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vbb
DINK status, from a financial standpoint, is where it is at. If my wife and I had no kids and no desire to have any, I'd probably have a new Cayman S as my weekend warrior and something like a GS350 or Acura RL as a daily. But, with two kids, there's always some other expense around the corner (especially with two girls). I'm in a house I wouldn't have bought if I didn't have children, plus there's college, weddings, etc that you never stop thinking about. I wouldn't trade any of it for a nicer car, but as a car fan, I definitely do dream about some of the toys I'd buy if I didn't have to worry about all of the above. Enjoy that $$$ from being a DINK!
I don't get why parents save for their kids college. Have your kids pay for it themselves! Kids can get student loans, apply for scholarships, etc and get the money. Usually they can get it pretty cheap too!!! However, you can't get a loan on retirement.

I paid for college myself (not that it was expensive as I went to a public school here in crappy California)...yeah I had student dent for a little bit, but it wasn't bad. I rather my parents have save $50k for their retirement rather than them paying for my schooling (which in the end could have not worked out)...sorry...off topic...
Old 06-19-13, 09:04 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Get the GTR! Mr. Slay
Old 06-19-13, 09:04 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

I got the snake bite..

2005 or newer viper.. those are bad a**!
Old 06-19-13, 09:12 PM
BlueMicaF
Driver School Candidate

I'm waiting for the new Lexus ISF! My guy just called from Lexus and told me rumors are out for an ISF around 2015 also the LF CC!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-13, 09:45 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BlueMicaF
I'm waiting for the new Lexus ISF! My guy just called from Lexus and told me rumors are out for an ISF around 2015 also the LF CC!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like your guy knows more than everyone else
Old 06-20-13, 04:45 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lexsane
I got the snake bite..

2005 or newer viper.. those are bad a**!
Told you Greg. You see more and more at meets and it makes you think... I would love to test drive one

A rumor is a rumor until Lexus confirms it, or it shows up on Lexus.com
Old 06-20-13, 05:39 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
I don't get why parents save for their kids college. Have your kids pay for it themselves! Kids can get student loans, apply for scholarships, etc and get the money. Usually they can get it pretty cheap too!!! However, you can't get a loan on retirement.

I paid for college myself (not that it was expensive as I went to a public school here in crappy California)...yeah I had student dent for a little bit, but it wasn't bad. I rather my parents have save $50k for their retirement rather than them paying for my schooling (which in the end could have not worked out)...sorry...off topic...
I have had a couple of different financial guys tell me the exact same thing... "you can take a loan out for college, but you can't take a loan out for retirement." I get it. But, we have a good program here in my state that lets you prepay for college tuition through an investment package which will cover all tuition, room & board through any state college, or pay out at the highest in-state rate for any out of state college. When you spread the payments over the course of 12 years (typically parents start it when their kids enter kindergarten) it really isn't that big of a hit. I'm not going to pay for my kid's college at the exclusion of funding my retirement. I plan to do both simultaneously. And, like my parents did for me... college is on me, but if my kids want advanced degrees, that's on them.

But more on topic... I'm definitely not going to use that extra money I'd put away for their college on buying a more expensive car. If I can afford a gently used Porsche and pay for their college, or a gently used Ferrari and not pay for their college, I'm choosing the Porsche. Lastly, if either of my kids gets a scholarship, or decides not to go to college for some crazy reason and over my strenuous objections, then I get all that money back, plus interest.

Quick Reply: Current ISF owners: What's your next car?