IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Superchargers for IS F? Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-12, 01:59 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

so your from the northeast with an ISF and LFA. come join us on the northeast ISF thread! welcome to the board lunaC42.
Old 07-24-12, 02:01 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
So she gets special treatment cause she has an LFA? She posted a topic that has been beat to death as other members have mentioned. I think instead of a red Search button, there should be a button that takes you to 'Advanced Search' and automatically selects ISF forums only.
" Special Treatment " ....

All I said was "Be Kind Folks"

That is all... LoL

~ Joe Z

P.S. - Luna, Welcome to the IS-F Forum...
Old 07-24-12, 02:03 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
" Special Treatment " ....

All I said was "Be Kind Folks"

That is all... LoL

~ Joe Z

P.S. - Luna, Welcome to the IS-F Forum...
I understand, but there have been so many new members that ask the same question, and they get flamed for it. Nobody steps in and says "everyone, be kind to ________, they own an ISF"....everyone should be treated equal
Old 07-24-12, 02:04 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Lol. Becoming more interesting.
Old 07-24-12, 02:05 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
I understand, but there have been so many new members that ask the same question, and they get flamed for it. Nobody steps in and says "everyone, be kind to ________, they own an ISF"....everyone should be treated equal
Lately, Yeah I agree...

Its a turn off for sure...

~ Joe Z
Old 07-24-12, 02:40 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by zmw
show me a SINGLE isf running 9 second quarter miles, and cutting 1.40 60's - I have raced a twin turbo ISF out of houston and absolutely raped him in my supra, didn't WALK him, RAPED him, and he is arguably one of the most tuned ISFs in the country... Not a single ISF in the country that I know of has gone over 200 MPH in the standing mile, or otherwise been good street racing cars.

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with the ISF, but TODAY - if you want a street weapon, it's the wrong car to buy - you can buy a 8000$ IS 300 and put 8000$ in it and run low 10 second quarters all day long.

My point is simple, the ISF is a niche car, it's a beautiful car, it's a well made car, but it's not a FAST car - especially when compared to nearly any platform that has a good aftermarket.

I'm not trying to be insulting, just want people to be realistic here - a small turbo 2J NA-T will make 500-550whp all day long on pump gas, so if you see an IS300 with a front mount intercooler, chances are good you're about to get your *** handed to you.

Just appreciate the ISF for what it is, it's a quick car in stock form, handles well, is beautiful to look at and docile enough to make a fantastic drivers car, it's not great platform for modding and street racing.
I rarely post but this post is a bit misleading. I came from an IS300 and I find amusing what you say about being realistic. you will need more than $8k to get an is300 turbocharged reliably and even more to get it in the 10's realistically.
Old 07-24-12, 02:50 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

lol at the people saying the IS-F isn't a fast car. I mean come on, what are our standards again? My best friend used to have a twin turbo Z06. Something like 700whp and he had to run on drag radials all day. That car was insane and by far the fastest car I've ever driven. That said, I don't think my IS-F is slow, and neither does he. 0-60 in the mid 4s and a quartermile in the mid-upper 12s is not slow simply because there are cars out there that can run 9s and 10s. Please.

But yes, if you bought an IS-F to win street races and tear up the quartermile, there are cheaper ways to get better results. Nobody specifically purchases a car loaded with leather interior, sound deadening, nav and a bunch of other bells and whistles for the sole purpose of track and street domination. How fun are those 9 second Supras to take 200mi trips in or to drive to work on a daily basis? That's what I thought.
Old 07-24-12, 03:00 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vbb
But yes, if you bought an IS-F to win street races and tear up the quartermile, there are cheaper ways to get better results. .
You hit the nail right on the head althogh I can't even begin to speculate that any IS-F owner bought a $60.000 car to win street races. It is to far fetched to me.

Last edited by Autobacs; 07-24-12 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-24-12, 03:23 PM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Autobacs
You hit the nail right on the head althogh I can't even begin to speculate that any IS-F owner bought a $60.000 car to win street races. It is to far fetched to me.
All sorts of members on here have bought an F to race on the street. There's not much point in swapping out intake, exhaust, headers, nitrous etc just to go to the grocery store or have a comfortable travel car.. Not to mention the people who have spent 20,000+ to TT the thing. If we all just wanted a really well made car, that was comfortable, had good speed, etc, we'd be driving IS300's.
Old 07-24-12, 03:30 PM
lunaC42
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, sorry to spark such a sensitive area. Don't want to street race. Love my IS F. Want a 2012 to add CCS R accessories. Just curious. Sorry I didn't hit the "red search button" first. Chillax.
Old 07-24-12, 03:56 PM
raceism
Rookie

LOL if you have nothing good to say that will actually help the member(s) in need of some assistance, just GTFO and leave the thread alone. This is why the forums exists, so that people with less knowledge can still be part of the forum community and get help. Nagging about how the OP should just search the forum doesn't really help at all. You're just trying to make yourself feel better thinking you know so much more with so much more experience. If you don't want to help, keep your mouth shut and just leave the thread alone. If you want to be a good fellow forum member and help, just simply lead them to the related links or something.
Old 07-24-12, 04:03 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by staman
All sorts of members on here have bought an F to race on the street. There's not much point in swapping out intake, exhaust, headers, nitrous etc just to go to the grocery store or have a comfortable travel car.. Not to mention the people who have spent 20,000+ to TT the thing. If we all just wanted a really well made car, that was comfortable, had good speed, etc, we'd be driving IS300's.
Are you saying the majority of IS-F owners bought their cars to be the drag race/street king? Well I certainly did not. Even if you put headers or nitrous on it, which I do not think the majority of IS-F have done, it would be naive to think you're going to have a street monster knowing what is available to other cars to make them go much faster.

I want to go fast with my IS-F but I don't want it or need it to be a 9 car. I'm happy with it the way it is. As far as TT the thing, I doubt if you even 100 IS-F owners (or 10 for that matter) who have done that. Hell I already know my Nissan is faster than my F and that does not diminish the car to me one bit.
Old 07-24-12, 05:05 PM
LBmtb
Driver

Wait . . . there are cars out there that are faster than the ISF?? Liar!
Old 07-24-12, 05:16 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

I think this thread has run its course. Closed