IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just dropped the F off for service

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-12, 10:56 PM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by PurduePete
I've been really debating on a CT opposite to my F. So what is it like going back and forth between the F and CT, being an owner of both. Do you have a good "repreive" feeling going back and forth between the two cars? Serious question....lol.

And for the rest of you, there is a fine line when sharing your thoughts and experiences about a hybrid, in this case, the CT. BUT don't you dare start mixing in words and unknowingly compare the CT to the ISF (e.g., how one is better than the other). Express your thoughts carefully....lol!
To be honest, I enjoy both cars. I actually like the steering wheel on the CT a lot. I wish the F had a thicker steering wheel. It doesn't drive like a typical FWD Toyota/Lexus. Surprisingly, you do feel connected to the road. I don't feel reprieved switching between the CT and the F. Maybe I'm already prepared mentally what to expect from each car.

Terrance
Old 07-24-12, 11:32 PM
TerrySmith
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Rex06
To be honest, I enjoy both cars. I actually like the steering wheel on the CT a lot. I wish the F had a thicker steering wheel. It doesn't drive like a typical FWD Toyota/Lexus. Surprisingly, you do feel connected to the road. I don't feel reprieved switching between the CT and the F. Maybe I'm already prepared mentally what to expect from each car.

Terrance
I was also given a CT as a loaner recently and have to say that I liked it a lot. I keep hearing how slow it is, so given that expectation, I thought it was actually pretty fast - in the Sport mode. In ECO mode it was dangerously slow so I did not run it that way. It handled very nicely and perhaps is a tad more nimble than the IS F (lower weight). The full-torque-at-zero-RPM electric motor gives the CT a nice launch and decent torque at lower speeds / RPMS. I found it fun to drive.

Of course it was not as fast nor did it brake as well as the IS F. I would not take a CT on the track - it's performance is not quite there.

I'm 6' 3" and wished the CT seat would go back another inch or two. I was fine with the leg room but just and would have preferred at bit more. Also, road noise was more intrusive than what I'm used to with the IS F and LS.

I think the CT would make a great daily grind car and would be acceptable also for long trips. It's on my short list.
Old 07-25-12, 04:37 AM
Ascari_2
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Having driven this thing for a day, I think it's the CVT trans that's really the part that's bugging me. Makes it feel like something other than a car. Even if it's a small engine, it's still fun to hear the engine go through the rev range. But with this CVT it just sits there.

I think it would be a pretty good car for the city (aside from some interior gripes). But just not one for my commute.
Old 07-25-12, 08:40 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the CT for 2 days while they were installing my headers. The car is good but I'd rather buy a civic or something. I slide that car on a couple turns and made her work hard for my respect LOL

When I picked up my car...it made the headers feel like a s/c was added