IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Curious question for fellow isf owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-12, 08:10 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,988 Likes on 2,413 Posts

Originally Posted by scrosby
I'm going to have to agree with most of the members here. I sold a 350Z cuz I wanted 4 doors and a power/luxury combination. This, is in my opinion, is a great option for people who want a performance car with all the luxuries and the option to carry a child in the vehicle when required - my wife and I will likely have a child on the way soon.. And that's exactly why I picked it up now. So I wouldn't get a big fat "NO" from the wife once she was prego! lol
This reminds me of shopping for a car seat for my son when we only had the Supra. We went to the store, and asked if we could take it out to the car for a test fit. The clerk said sure, no problem. So we go out to the Supra, push the passenger's seat forward, stuff the seat in the back and it's just a tad on the tight side. Evil witch clerk smiles a sneer and announces, "Well, looks like you'll have to sell the car."

I almost said, "F--k off, b--ch!" but my better side just said, "I'm sure I can make it fit just fine."

And I did.
Old 07-27-12, 04:17 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
This reminds me of shopping for a car seat for my son when we only had the Supra. We went to the store, and asked if we could take it out to the car for a test fit. The clerk said sure, no problem. So we go out to the Supra, push the passenger's seat forward, stuff the seat in the back and it's just a tad on the tight side. Evil witch clerk smiles a sneer and announces, "Well, looks like you'll have to sell the car."

I almost said, "F--k off, b--ch!" but my better side just said, "I'm sure I can make it fit just fine."
And I did.
That's hilarious! Wish this forum was updated to include a "like" button for statements like this.

and btw...If you ever decide to sell that baby hauling coupe of yours, will you add me to your list of potential buyers?
Old 07-27-12, 08:11 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I guess I'm the one who disagrees with the rest. If (and I'm really crossing my fingers) we get a coupe version, I'll trade my sedan for it right away. If it's a cabrio, either hard or soft top, I'll keep the sedan.

I like coupe cars, I like the GTR but wouldn't trade luxury for power. I don't expect to have the fastest car on the road, I'll probably buy an Aston Martin or Maserati before I buy a GTR.
Old 07-27-12, 09:44 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll keep my sedan as I have a family. Thats the main reason why I bought it. It was this or either the M3 sedan or C63.
Old 07-27-12, 05:08 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

thanks for the responses.
Old 07-27-12, 05:57 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on the "no" side. I'm 6'2" so I have my seat low and back pretty far. To try to let a rear passenger enter in a coupe would be a hassle #1. It's already super snug behind me.

While I would still own this car if it only came in the 2-door variety, having 4 doors is just too dang convenient. Without the rear seats folding down, the backseat is the most spacious place to carry stuff. Having to move the front seats out of the way would be hassle #2 and wouldn't accommodate nearly as much space. You can fit a large tv or cat-back exhaust box in the backseat now. With 2 doors you simply couldn't due to the angles and such.

A coupe just has so little cargo options. Although if the rear seat folded down completely...I would be quite interested.
Old 07-27-12, 07:08 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Great points..
Old 07-27-12, 07:29 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Exactly. I already have the Coupe I want. It sits next to the F every day. The wife has a Scion tC (she drives 30k a year) so we really didn't want to have three two door cars.
wowzers! 30k a year. My wife only has 14k on her 09 4Runner.

We sold her '08 Scion TC 5spd with only 28k miles on it.

Also heads up on the Scion TC's...they like to cool the power steering fluid (which is really ATF fluid if I remember correctly) I always flushed her power steering fluid out when I did oil changes.
Old 07-27-12, 10:34 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

i like the way this thread is developing. i would have taken the coupe when i was single, but with a family it's the sedan all the way. what's awesome about the IS-F is that it can serve two purposes: hauling family and hauling a**
Old 07-27-12, 11:31 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i'm at the track people are always amazed to see 2 car seats in the back! LOL
Old 07-28-12, 07:22 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
when i'm at the track people are always amazed to see 2 car seats in the back! LOL
Respect. I love seeing performance cars with car seats in the back. Spotted Jaguar XFR with car seats the other day. Awesome Speedy Daddy/Mommy.
Old 07-28-12, 01:15 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
I've got two car seats in the back of mine too. My wife has the kids in her Highlander 90% of the time, but I've got the toddler seat in the car (on a towel to prevent indentations in the leather) 24/7 because it is such a PITA to get in and out, and I remove the baby seat base so I can at least carry 3 adults when we go on lunch runs at work, though I keep the base in the trunk.

This versatility is the main reason I bought the IS-F as opposed to a 2-seat coupe In fact, I'd probably have bought a Cayman S otherwise.
Old 07-28-12, 03:02 PM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
Just wondering who would consider trading or selling their ISF for the "ISC-F" (the recent one spied) if/when it comes this way to the US?

Granted the body is not completely finished , etc etc....but given what we already know it more than likely will look like - -how many are or would consider giving up their 4 doors and trunk
to the F coupe with the drop top?

Just curious?
Not Me.
I have the Boxster and just picked up a 1990 Miata so I already have the drop tops
Old 07-28-12, 05:43 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I only want 4 doors. The IS F fit the bill perfectly. If there were to be a true sports coupe, it would definitely be in consideration, but 2 doors, as beautiful as many look on the roads, don't do it for me anymore.
Old 07-28-12, 07:36 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

A couple maybe... a convertable, i dont think so...

Quick Reply: Curious question for fellow isf owners