IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Phonebook gets deleted!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-12, 07:02 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Phonebook gets deleted!!!

This problem is driving me crazy! It had happened three times already without any reason. I get to the office or home, come back to the car hours later and the whole addres book and speed dial entries are gone, completely wiped out. The call history is gone as well, not a single record of any call. The phone is paired to the car but misteriously all phone records are missing. Has anyone had the same problem? I think it's related to the newest ML system, it didn't happened on my previous ISF. While searching I found another guy with the same problem, he drives an 2012 ES350 which I believe shares the same NAV system as my 2012 ISF, unfortunately nobody has replied to his post since early this year. Any help would be great, I'm sick of syncing my phone all the time and set up speed dial records over and over.
Old 08-04-12, 07:58 AM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Strange...It was fine on my 2011 IS-F with ML which has the same Nav, Time for the trip to dealer...Maybe there is an update out for it.
Old 08-05-12, 12:25 AM
Valkirk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have noticed the same thing, please update if you find any solution / workaround.
Old 08-05-12, 08:19 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

^^^ Keep an eye on this thread, other people have had the problem as well.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...ith-es350.html
Old 08-07-12, 06:42 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Update: I took the car to the dealer yesterday, they blamed the whole issue on the phone. They said that Apple and Lexus are working together to find a solution to the problem, a future iOS update should fix it. According to them every time your phone connects to the car, they sync and the contacts get transferred. The issue stops the car from getting the contacts. Once they finished explaining this whole nonsense I told them that the system doesn't work that way, no phone book gets populated every time you connect your phone! Then I continued, all contacts and speed dials are stored on the hard drive, and even if I leave the phone at home and pair another phone, my contacts will be on the car's phone book. At the end I said, let's assume that you're right and the iPhone is deleting the phone book, how is it possible for the phone to access the car's system and wipe out my speed dial entries and whole call history? Those are things not set up from the phone, the speed dial I do it manually on the car, and the call history gets built up automatically. They scratched their heads and looked confused, took the car in for inspection, an hour later came back saying that they'll have to ask corporate because they don't know what's going on. I guess I'll have to keep syncing my contacts every other month.
Old 08-07-12, 09:39 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

I have encountered this a few times during the past 8 months with the '12.

iPhone and contact sync issues are reasonably pervasive these days in the auto world.

I'm not concerned because the F's system reloads contacts in the blink of an eye.

Nothing is perfect.
Old 08-07-12, 11:00 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

maybe it is the iphone...try another phone and see if that happens. is anyone else experiencing the same problem that is using something other then the iphone?
Old 08-07-12, 11:10 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I just dial from my phone...way faster than using the car...I only use the car to talk. What's the problem? lol
Old 08-07-12, 11:13 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Juanca
Update: I took the car to the dealer yesterday, they blamed the whole issue on the phone. They said that Apple and Lexus are working together to find a solution to the problem, a future iOS update should fix it. According to them every time your phone connects to the car, they sync and the contacts get transferred. The issue stops the car from getting the contacts. Once they finished explaining this whole nonsense I told them that the system doesn't work that way, no phone book gets populated every time you connect your phone! Then I continued, all contacts and speed dials are stored on the hard drive, and even if I leave the phone at home and pair another phone, my contacts will be on the car's phone book. At the end I said, let's assume that you're right and the iPhone is deleting the phone book, how is it possible for the phone to access the car's system and wipe out my speed dial entries and whole call history? Those are things not set up from the phone, the speed dial I do it manually on the car, and the call history gets built up automatically. They scratched their heads and looked confused, took the car in for inspection, an hour later came back saying that they'll have to ask corporate because they don't know what's going on. I guess I'll have to keep syncing my contacts every other month.
Exactly. The phonebook is independent of the phone.

You could always try turning off the bluetooth on your phone...bet it still deletes the contacts :P
Old 08-07-12, 02:39 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Transfering contacts is fairly easy now with the iPhone and the new NAV system, I don't want to imagine if this happened on my 08 ISF where I had to enter every single contact manually! The problem comes when you jump in the car and start driving on a rush, then you try to make a call from the car because your phone is either in your pocket or inside your bag/briefcase, and then crap! Where did the phonebook go!

I don't have another phone to test, all I have are iPhones (2, 3, 3G, 4 and 4S). Also this happens randomnly, next time will be in probably 2 months. It's like every 2 months the car resets itself, like when returning a rental.
Old 08-13-12, 08:03 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

We were able to replicate the problem, now it's time to find who's responsible and how to solve the issue.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...ith-es350.html
Old 12-30-12, 09:39 PM
RA022623
4th Gear

Old thread, but potential solution to this problem? Works with my car, but don't know about others:

http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lex...ml#post1661354
Old 01-14-13, 08:43 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

This past month (December) has been the worst in relation to this issue, it happened to me at least 4 times. I tried your suggestion (above) but didn't work, my phonebook got wiped out the same day that I did it. It's been about 2 weeks since the last time it happened, I'm getting used to it!
Old 02-13-13, 11:34 AM
jtannen01
Driver School Candidate

Default Directory gets deleted

Originally Posted by Juanca
This problem is driving me crazy! It had happened three times already without any reason. I get to the office or home, come back to the car hours later and the whole addres book and speed dial entries are gone, completely wiped out. The call history is gone as well, not a single record of any call. The phone is paired to the car but misteriously all phone records are missing. Has anyone had the same problem? I think it's related to the newest ML system, it didn't happened on my previous ISF. While searching I found another guy with the same problem, he drives an 2012 ES350 which I believe shares the same NAV system as my 2012 ISF, unfortunately nobody has replied to his post since early this year. Any help would be great, I'm sick of syncing my phone all the time and set up speed dial records over and over.

I am experiencing the same thing. Lexus dealer said it's an issue with the Iphone 5. He thought the new IOS version would fix. It did not! Very frustrating to say the least!
Old 07-05-13, 06:26 AM
fredunger
Driver School Candidate

Our Lexus RX350 deletes the phone book every time we start the car without my wife's iPhone in the car and turned on. So if I drive the car or she drives it without her iPhone turned on the contacts are deleted every time without exception. Turning off the syncing as suggested does not work for us.

Quick Reply: Phonebook gets deleted!!!