any ladies in the house?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-12, 02:32 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by blitz_714
So what are you saying sir ? who is the better driver
On the street, me On a track, no question she is. She's got her SCCA and BMWCCA competition license, instructs for a half dozen driving schools including Porsche, BMW, Mustang, etc clubs. I like the track stuff but more as a spectator and pit crew.
Old 08-16-12, 02:41 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Right on sir a woman knows how to drive is definitely a keeper, not to mention certified track licenses =priceless
Old 08-16-12, 02:48 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen a couple of women drive ISFs on the 10 freeway in southern california... By the looks of them, I don't think they are on CL.
Old 08-16-12, 03:17 PM
mcauley
Pit Crew

My wife drives mine more than me. And she gets loads of looks a fella followed her home in a m6 once.
She never goes over 50 and drives in snow mode.
Old 08-16-12, 04:06 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My fiance will only drive my car out of necessity, she calls it a gangster car cause it's silver with dark wheels. She also says it's too loud even though exhaust is completely stock. She loves her IS350 which is good cause she drives it very fast, couldn't imagine how fast she would go in my F
Old 08-16-12, 09:48 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife loves driving my car that is when she gets a chance. But when I let her drive it she definitely draws attention.
Old 08-17-12, 06:41 AM
zombeezISF
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everybody who's commented. It's nice to hear that a lot of you guys are willing to share the F with the significant others occasionally lol. I let the man drive the F whenever, but he's more a Jeep guy these days so he doesn't really take her out much if at all.

I'm glad to see this audience actually seems to appreciate and have respect for the few ladies who do drive nice cars. Its a nice change and makes me glad I signed up with this forum.

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I think in general men's enthusiasm for cars and motorsports is demonstrably higher (like it is on our forum) but female interest and activity is growing by leaps and bounds.

My wife is way into cars and has owned modified NSX, Porsche 911s, BMWs and now is into tracking her M3. When she first started doing car events probably ~2004 she was usually the only woman there out of 50 people. Nowadays there are maybe 5 - 10 women out of 50 at a typical driving event. I still have a lot of guys that will come up to the trailer in the paddock and start talking to me about the car and how fast I passed them. I always enjoy pointing them over to her, "talk to the driver" .
Your wife sounds like an awesome woman! Its refreshing to hear that she has her competition license and instructs classes. Wish there was more of us with that enthusiasm...

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
If I see a girl with a nice car, I tend not to pay attention much to her then the car. Focus on the road. Its mainly the car that catches my attention and the sound thats coming from it. I kind of understand the feeling of people hating on you for the reasons mention above. People will hate on you just for about anything no matter what you do. I know some people think that my parents bought the F. They have no clue. I tend to leave it as that.

If I see a girl driving a nice car that is stick...
Agreed, the car (and sound coming from it) is always what catches my attention first. I rarely see women driving sick performance cars, so when I do see it I can't help but feel a little better reminding myself I'm not the only one. Unfortunately you are very correct, there are a lot of haters out there. Never understood that. Jerkfaces...lol.

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Right on sir a woman knows how to drive is definitely a keeper, not to mention certified track licenses =priceless
Amen. Couldn't agree with you more!
Old 08-17-12, 09:58 AM
lunaC42
Driver

I'm no "looker", but my cars are. Love my F. Guys try to drag me all the time on the highway. Seen alot of them have to pull over for whatever mechanical reason... Cops bait me alot too.
Old 08-17-12, 10:10 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by lunaC42
I'm no "looker", but my cars are. Love my F. Guys try to drag me all the time on the highway. Seen alot of them have to pull over for whatever mechanical reason... Cops bait me alot too.
When u own an LFA and an ISF =baits are inevitable
Old 10-08-12, 12:17 PM
KiyomiF
Driver

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
There is KiyomiF who is a women F owner. I'm pretty sure she gets all types of looks with her car, in a good way though...lol. as far as questions, hopefully she sees this thread and answers your questions.
Thanks Teo! I haven't been on here in a long time.

I am highly enthusiastic about my F . I don't get dirty looks from anyone, but I do get A LOT of surprised looks. I drive it because it's "stupid fast" but still not fast enough for me and, visually, it's sexy as ***** :-D ... As all of you F owners know!

I miss this forum...
Old 10-08-12, 04:12 PM
pc1990
Pole Position

I saw an older lady...she was asian probably in her late 40's in an SLS AMG!!

That was the first time I had seen an SLS AMG and that too a woman driving. I kid you not...the first thought that went through my head was that her rich husband bought her it.

Not trying to be weird here...but when you see a nice car you expect to see a guy in it. But I've noticed recently more and more woman driving these kind of cars instead...my kind of women
Old 10-08-12, 04:52 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 81 Posts

I let my wife drive my F around too, but she said she says she has a love / hate relationship with my car. She loves the power, sportiness, the sound, etc... but hate that she has to worry about driving around and getting ticketed since she has a lead foot. Seriously though... I'm averaging 19-22 mpg commuting every day... I let her drive it to work one day and its down to 16mpg when I get it back! lol
Old 10-08-12, 05:56 PM
nonford
Rookie

My wife has an IS 250 and it always makes my day when she gets in the F and pushes START! I love watching her face come to life when that big'ol smile from ear to ear appears! She just loves the sound. As she puts it, I love the steering, the mirrors going down, the brakes, and most importantly, the little skinny pedal!! Oh, the park assist freaked her out the first time! And she likes that too!

Last edited by nonford; 10-08-12 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-08-12, 06:38 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys I'll remind you that we are fairly protective of our female members and have a strict no leg humping policy on Club Lexus. Don't get the sense that this thread was asked with that intent so leaving it open with a reminder of our forum rules.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...faq_membership

Please keep it mature.
Wow - looks like there is no trust of a mature crowd - pretty sad that was posted
Old 10-08-12, 06:40 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife has her own muscle car. A SRT8 superbee with 470 hp and 470 torque. She doesn't need to drive my wimpy iS-F. LOL

Quick Reply: any ladies in the house?