IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

any ladies in the house?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-12, 06:56 AM
zombeezISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any ladies in the house?

Just curious how many women IS-F owners are here on the forums? I thought I saw one or two, but I wanted to ask you ladies a couple of questions.

1. What made you decide on the IS-F?
2. Do you get dirty looks by younger guys driving other import rides?
3. Do you actually have enthusiasm for your car or are you just driving it because its stupid fast?

Not trying to make this only a chick responded thread, its just that it seems like most of the owners I've noticed on here are guys and I'm curious. Besides, its hard to tell gender with screen names...
Old 08-16-12, 07:07 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Guys I'll remind you that we are fairly protective of our female members and have a strict no leg humping policy on Club Lexus. Don't get the sense that this thread was asked with that intent so leaving it open with a reminder of our forum rules.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...faq_membership
Membership
Only one Club Lexus account is allowed per person. We reserve the right to delete any membership without prior warning. You agree, through the Terms of Service, that you will not use Club Lexus to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory of any kind, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, sexually oriented, racial, stereotypical, sexist remarks threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violation of any law. You agree not to use the addresses of any member on the forum for any other purpose than personal communication with that member.

Club Lexus welcomes members of all sexes, races, religions, ethnicities, etc. Both new and existing members should be made to feel welcome and never persecuted. As Club Lexus is currently a male-dominated forum, female members should not be made to feel pressured to meet other forum members, provide personal information, post pictures of themselves, etc.

Members can have their access removed from Club Lexus either temporarily or permanently for violating forum rules or Terms of Service. Moderators generally will provide private and/or public warnings before taking this action, but should the member continue to violate forum rules access will be removed without warning or notification.
Please keep it mature.
Old 08-16-12, 07:15 AM
zombeezISF
Driver School Candidate

Please don't mistake this as a trolling/causing drama thread. My intent is not to trigger any flaming or anything of that nature, I was just asking...
Old 08-16-12, 07:19 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zombeezISF
Please don't mistake this as a trolling/causing drama thread. My intent is not to trigger any flaming or anything of that nature, I was just asking...
Typical Zombie answer. LOL jk. I'd like to see the response as well.
Old 08-16-12, 08:17 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My gf's 2011 328i has been in the shop so many times... one time I quoted her saying "I'm so fed up with BMW's, I'm going to trade this in for a used ISF"... she still hasn't done it.

Maybe one day when pigs fly I'll let her drive mine and see what kinds of looks she gets...
Old 08-16-12, 08:39 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

There is KiyomiF who is a women F owner. I'm pretty sure she gets all types of looks with her car, in a good way though...lol. as far as questions, hopefully she sees this thread and answers your questions.
Old 08-16-12, 08:47 AM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Women with Fs definitely get more attention than us. I usually just get looks when I'm driving mine. The two times I've left my sister drive it she has gotten looks, compliments and one idiot in a BMW and another in an Infiniti trying to race her in heavy traffic.
Old 08-16-12, 09:04 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

I once spotted a very cute woman driving USB ISF on the 57 S , i was going say hi to her but she merging to the 5 S . I Merged to 22 W heading home my usual routes By the way she was Asian .Wondering if she is on this forum as well
Old 08-16-12, 12:22 PM
zombeezISF
Driver School Candidate

Might as well ask a question for the guys since there's been no response from the gals yet...

What are your thoughts when you see a chick in a nice, clean ride? Usually the response that I get is either one extreme or the other. I get compliments on my baby or I get belittled as "a girl" who is probably driving "dad's or the boyfriend's car". It's a little irritating.

I know that my experience with the IS-F has been much more positive than experiences with my former cars. Vette guys were really snobby and Camaro/Mustang guys usually had condescending attitudes towards me if they even acknowledged me. :/
Old 08-16-12, 12:36 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nothing more attractive than a woman who drives a nice car (besides personality & looks of course)! I can guarantee you that ISF owners are a fun and accepting bunch, regardless of age or gender. I met the girl with the white ISF that Teo mentioned above^^^ and she was cool.
Old 08-16-12, 12:50 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

My wife has driven my F thrice I think and I bet she got a lot of looks. Blonde and the F equals attention.
Old 08-16-12, 01:41 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

My wife has driven my IS-F once. I was in the passenger seat and our kids were in the back. I noticed a couple of looks, but no crazy behavior. I think it would be different if a woman in a car like the IS-F pulled up to a car meet and started chatting with the other gear heads though. I remember being in the parking lot getting into my car at a restaurant and seeing a gunmetal GT-R pull up. This was lunchtime on a Saturday and the woman that got out of the driver's seat was wearing, I kid you not, at least 4" stilettos and a miniskirt. She looked like she was dressed to go out clubbing. I'm sure she got a LOT of attention that day.
Old 08-16-12, 01:52 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

I think in general men's enthusiasm for cars and motorsports is demonstrably higher (like it is on our forum) but female interest and activity is growing by leaps and bounds.

My wife is way into cars and has owned modified NSX, Porsche 911s, BMWs and now is into tracking her M3. When she first started doing car events probably ~2004 she was usually the only woman there out of 50 people. Nowadays there are maybe 5 - 10 women out of 50 at a typical driving event. I still have a lot of guys that will come up to the trailer in the paddock and start talking to me about the car and how fast I passed them. I always enjoy pointing them over to her, "talk to the driver" .
Old 08-16-12, 02:02 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by zombeezISF
Might as well ask a question for the guys since there's been no response from the gals yet...

What are your thoughts when you see a chick in a nice, clean ride? Usually the response that I get is either one extreme or the other. I get compliments on my baby or I get belittled as "a girl" who is probably driving "dad's or the boyfriend's car". It's a little irritating.

I know that my experience with the IS-F has been much more positive than experiences with my former cars. Vette guys were really snobby and Camaro/Mustang guys usually had condescending attitudes towards me if they even acknowledged me. :/
If I see a girl with a nice car, I tend not to pay attention much to her then the car. Focus on the road. Its mainly the car that catches my attention and the sound thats coming from it. I kind of understand the feeling of people hating on you for the reasons mention above. People will hate on you just for about anything no matter what you do. I know some people think that my parents bought the F. They have no clue. I tend to leave it as that.

If I see a girl driving a nice car that is stick...
Old 08-16-12, 02:05 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I think in general men's enthusiasm for cars and motorsports is demonstrably higher (like it is on our forum) but female interest and activity is growing by leaps and bounds.

My wife is way into cars and has owned modified NSX, Porsche 911s, BMWs and now is into tracking her M3. When she first started doing car events probably ~2004 she was usually the only woman there out of 50 people. Nowadays there are maybe 5 - 10 women out of 50 at a typical driving event. I still have a lot of guys that will come up to the trailer in the paddock and start talking to me about the car and how fast I passed them. I always enjoy pointing them over to her, "talk to the driver" .
So what are you saying sir ? who is the better driver

Quick Reply: any ladies in the house?