IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Virginia IS-F owners "North meets South" meet. Saturday October 13th

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-12, 11:13 AM
FOVFR421
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
Yes, you can have passengers as long as the parent or guardian signs a waiver (so obviously you could do that).

For those interested in drag racing, there are a few rules:
-$25 for open test and tune (unlimited number of runs during the 11:00-4:00 time slot).
-Your car must pass tech inspection (that will be no problem for any of our cars, no matter what mods you have)
-You must wear a helmet if you run faster than 14.000. This goes for passengers in your car as well. Pretty much any DOT approved helmet will do. I used to wear a motorcycle helmet back when I went to the drag strip with other cars.
-You must also wear long pants and shoes... no flip flops or shorts

Most of the time they'll let you run once if you honestly don't know how fast you're going to go... but if you end up running faster than a 14.00 (and you will) they'll warn you that another run that fast without a helmet will get you kicked out.
Thanks for the info. Funny thing is, my son has a DOT helmet, but I don't, nor do I think I will fit in the car with one. I rub my head already, 6'3", so I don't know how I will fit in with a helmet. I guess I'll find a way......

Last edited by FOVFR421; 10-09-12 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-09-12, 12:32 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by FOVFR421
Thanks for the info. Funny thing is, my son has a DOT helmet, but I don't, nor do I think I will fit in the car with one. I rub my head already, 6'3", so I don't know how I will fit in with a helmet. I guess I'll find a way......
Let him drive.

Seriously though, they usually have helmets that you can rent at the track, or if another ISFer would be kind enough to let you borrow his, that could work too. As far as fitting in the car with a helmet, I'm sure that you could squeeze in. Even if uncomfortable, it won't be for more than a couple of minutes.
Old 10-09-12, 12:49 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
Actually I just checked the rules and if you can get your parents to sign a waiver you can run as long as you have a valid license.
Hey can you send me a link of the waver. I could not find it when i looked for it.
Old 10-09-12, 12:52 PM
vbb

Originally Posted by zapa
Hey can you send me a link of the waver. I could not find it when i looked for it.
Ask and you shall receive:
https://wfis.wellsfargo.com/WFSR/Pro...209Edition.pdf

By the way, if your parents need/want to be sure that you'll be around a responsible adult who will make sure their kid isn't hanging out with a Sandusky, I'd be happy to chat with them.
Old 10-09-12, 04:08 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vbb
Ask and you shall receive:
https://wfis.wellsfargo.com/WFSR/Pro...209Edition.pdf

By the way, if your parents need/want to be sure that you'll be around a responsible adult who will make sure their kid isn't hanging out with a Sandusky, I'd be happy to chat with them.
That would be sweet. Ill see if they want to talk to you. Thanks so much man
Old 10-10-12, 06:19 AM
zombeezISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by meangene4
Anybody want to set up a nova caravan?
If I can make it, I'll tag along with ya. I'm still waiting to see if work is going to cooperate with me... where in nova were you thinking of meeting up?
Old 10-10-12, 06:22 AM
meangene4
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Springfield mall maybe? It's easy to jump on 95 south from here
Old 10-10-12, 08:22 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Damn love to go but little too far.
Old 10-10-12, 08:28 AM
FOVFR421
Rookie

Originally Posted by meangene4
Springfield mall maybe? It's easy to jump on 95 south from here
I am out in Loudoun and hate 95, so I will probably take the back way to Fredricksburg and get on 95 there. I expect to get there around 10. That will leave about 50 minutes to get to Famous Dave's. Are you guys up for a quick stop to meet up in Fredricksburg? There is a Wendy's, Target or Hardees just off 95 where we can meet.
Old 10-10-12, 11:58 AM
zombeezISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FOVFR421
I am out in Loudoun and hate 95, so I will probably take the back way to Fredricksburg and get on 95 there. I expect to get there around 10. That will leave about 50 minutes to get to Famous Dave's. Are you guys up for a quick stop to meet up in Fredricksburg? There is a Wendy's, Target or Hardees just off 95 where we can meet.
I can meet at Springfield Mall and I have no issues with making a pit stop in Fredericksburg. Just trying to think of the area and where would be easiest to meet at. I'm not familiar with Fburg all that well except for the historic/antiquing area...
Old 10-10-12, 12:03 PM
FOVFR421
Rookie

Originally Posted by zombeezISF
I can meet at Springfield Mall and I have no issues with making a pit stop in Fredericksburg. Just trying to think of the area and where would be easiest to meet at. I'm not familiar with Fburg all that well except for the historic/antiquing area...
Take Exit 133B, the ramp to 17W. Right as you get to 17W, turn right into the Target parking lot. We can meet you there. We can PM cell numbers so that we can keep in touch.
Old 10-10-12, 12:28 PM
vbb

I'm not that familiar with Fredricksburg either, but I've been up there a couple of times, and remember the Target parking lot being very close to the highway. I'm glad to hear you guys are setting up something of a NoVA caravan!

I need to organize the Virginia Beach one now.
Old 10-10-12, 02:12 PM
tomkirklan
Driver

I will be there and carvaning down with the NoVA group.

Tom
Old 10-10-12, 04:07 PM
fasttexasz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
I'm not that familiar with Fredricksburg either, but I've been up there a couple of times, and remember the Target parking lot being very close to the highway. I'm glad to hear you guys are setting up something of a NoVA caravan!

I need to organize the Virginia Beach one now.
There is a Krispy creeme off north Hampton just off 64 that is pretty easy to get to. Just need to figure a time to meet up. Just some input
Old 10-10-12, 05:00 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by fasttexasz
There is a Krispy creeme off north Hampton just off 64 that is pretty easy to get to. Just need to figure a time to meet up. Just some input
hahaha we can do a little pre game at Krispy Kreme. Though i am not sure if it will be good for our drag times.

Quick Reply: Virginia IS-F owners "North meets South" meet. Saturday October 13th