IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Free brake pad replacement!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-12, 09:01 AM
Boma
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Free brake pad replacement!

So I brought my car in because of excessive brake squealing when coming to a stop. My rep says that they will replace both the front and rear brake pads and shims at no cost to me because I'm still under warranty, even though my pads were pretty worn. There are a couple LSB's out addressing the brake squealing issue, SB0043-11 and SB0044-10.

I also had a problem with the rearview mirror vibrating at highway speeds while the moonroof was fully open. The problem happens to be with the mirror itself so they're going to replace those parts as well.

They're having the parts ordered today and the work will be done on Monday.
Old 08-24-12, 09:16 AM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boma
So I brought my car in because of excessive brake squealing when coming to a stop. My rep says that they will replace both the front and rear brake pads and shims at no cost to me because I'm still under warranty, even though my pads were pretty worn. There are a couple LSB's out addressing the brake squealing issue, SB0043-11 and SB0044-10.

I also had a problem with the rearview mirror vibrating at highway speeds while the moonroof was fully open. The problem happens to be with the mirror itself so they're going to replace those parts as well.

I got my rear done, didn't realize they had a front one too.
Old 08-24-12, 10:15 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...alerships.html
Old 08-24-12, 10:21 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 82 Posts

This wouldn't happen to be a recall item would it? Only free for people still under warranty?
Old 08-24-12, 10:26 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ Technically yes, but some dealers will do, as good will. More than likely, your F has had the LSB work done due to them checking during your regular scheduled maintenances in the past.
Old 08-24-12, 12:02 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

I tried taking it in for the TSB but was denied since I am on my second set of pads on both the front and rear. The excuse was that they couldnt inspect it w/o charging because the repairs were not done at the dealership. :/
Old 08-24-12, 12:19 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

Yeah I was really close to buying a set of Wearever pads from Advance Autoparts and replacing them myself but found out about the LSBs and took it in. I didn't know if they would have taken care of them under the service bulletin since my pads are well-worn... I'm glad I took the chance and saved some $$$.
Old 08-24-12, 12:27 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You're lucky! I brought mine in for excessive squealing while it was still under warranty, and since my pads were very worn (both front and rears had less than 2mm) he said they couldn't replace them under the TSB. He said they had to have a certain amount of pad left to qualify for that, I think he said maybe 2mm or 3mm. What a crock.

I guess it worked out for the best though because for under $100 I repalced them witht he Wearever pads which are much quieter and WAAAAAY less dust. My wheels are thanking me. Though it would have been nice to get some free new OEM pads which I could have resold to make a few bucks.
Old 08-24-12, 01:12 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

i've heard great things about the Wearevers! It would be nice to not have to worry so much about brake dust and the dreaded pitting every time I drive around... and you're right about reselling them lol.. I might want to consider that for myself!
Old 08-24-12, 01:59 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Do you know if they measured the width of your pads before agreeing to do the replacement? I'm seriously going to take my car up to CB Lexus too because my brakes squeal some as well, and who couldn't use a pad replacement?
Old 08-24-12, 02:18 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

Honestly I don't know if they measured it or not. My brakes were singing so loud though and I assumed they were pretty close for replacement anyway. I would suggest to go ahead and go through with it vbb!

Originally Posted by vbb
Do you know if they measured the width of your pads before agreeing to do the replacement? I'm seriously going to take my car up to CB Lexus too because my brakes squeal some as well, and who couldn't use a pad replacement?
Old 08-24-12, 03:12 PM
tonyrd1
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Boma

LOL same issues happened to me, no F for the next couple days
Old 08-24-12, 03:31 PM
Bulls23337
Intermediate

Originally Posted by OneSiCkF
I tried taking it in for the TSB but was denied since I am on my second set of pads on both the front and rear. The excuse was that they couldnt inspect it w/o charging because the repairs were not done at the dealership. :/
I changed my front pads myself with OEM replacements. They just ordered and replaced all 4 sets (front/rear) no problem. I didn't even ask for it. My SA asked me when I brought in my car if I was experiencing any squeaking. I told him not really but they checked anyway and replaced them as per the TSB. I also remember him asking me the previous time as well cuz he told me about the free pads. So I don't see why you're getting a problem if they were pushed onto me twice. I even had them return the old pads for me to keep since they still had good meat on them (7mm front / 5mm rear)!
Old 08-24-12, 03:51 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boma i saw your car there today and a black one with yellow fogs in the back. It was pretty cool to see so many isf at a dealership.
Old 11-29-12, 06:55 AM
Reaper21
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Somwhat of a resurrection here... Where can I find the two LSBs for the front/rear pads so I can print them out? I would like to have them with me when I go to the dealer.

Quick Reply: Free brake pad replacement!