IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

K-Sport coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-12, 02:40 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default K-Sport coilovers?

K sport Kontrol Pro Coilover system, have a chance to pick a set up for $750 didnt know if anyone had any input about k sport or this coil set up on an F. 750 isnt a bad price from new ones. http://ksportusa.com/products/coilovers/kontrol-pro/#
Old 08-26-12, 05:25 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://ksportusa.com/products/

I was checking out their site but couldnt find too much info. I saw some stuff for a Kia and the new FRS -
Old 08-26-12, 05:28 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 69 Posts

http://forums.nicoclub.com/k-sport-c...p-t295960.html

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=343218

http://www.3si.org/forum/f41/ride-qu...nstall-355764/

Usually with car stuff you get what you pay for.
Old 08-26-12, 09:06 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree with MisterSkiz in this case but will add that there is a point where the quality per dollar ratio changes dramatically. In this case I would say BCR coil overs would be that point. For a little more money then those low grade Ksports you can get a well proven, quality set of BCRs that also have product support. The other options for quality increase from there have a much steeper increase in cost.
Old 08-26-12, 10:27 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I think BCs are a much better option for the F if you don't want to save for KWs.
Old 08-26-12, 11:03 PM
daniel3ooo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm almost certain I will be getting BC Coils. Would love to get the KW's but they are quite a bit more expensive than the BCs. For $995, its hard to beat the BC Coils based on the reviews I've read
Old 08-27-12, 01:36 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

buy once, cry once. do it right the first time....sheesh. Funny how people buy expensive cars then think about modding it with cr@p.

Just leave you're car alone if you're gonna put garbage on it.

Last edited by Just F Me; 08-27-12 at 01:44 AM.
Old 08-27-12, 01:39 AM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me

Just leave you're car alone if you're gonna put garbage on it.
Is that why you havent done any mods yet ;-)
Old 08-27-12, 01:43 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndGF
Is that why you havent done any mods yet ;-)
Nope...I just don't think any of the mods are worth doing. The car handles better than I know what to do with. Has more than enough power to get me in trouble. Not gonna change out good looking 19 inch wheels for another set of 19 inch wheels.

All that carbon stuff you guys are putting on doesn't do anything. Rear diffuser doesn't do anything. Bunch of mods that cost thousands that....don't do anything...lol.

I'll keep mine stock and save my money for my GT3 RS
Old 08-27-12, 04:56 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 69 Posts

Nope...I just don't think any of the mods are worth doing. The car handles better than I know what to do with. Has more than enough power to get me in trouble. Not gonna change out good looking 19 inch wheels for another set of 19 inch wheels.

All that carbon stuff you guys are putting on doesn't do anything. Rear diffuser doesn't do anything. Bunch of mods that cost thousands that....don't do anything...lol.

amen. Finally someone here agrees with me and I dont look like a loner.
Old 08-27-12, 11:33 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the $1k price range, go BC Racing, you can add Swift springs to the kit for a bit more and have a nice setup.

Above that, go KW.

Don't cheap out, you drive an Is-F for pete's sake
Old 08-27-12, 11:44 AM
darbs242
Racer

I wont, i havnt cheaped out on anything, and the coils normally cost 1100 so i was thinking for 750 shipped i might might try them but not after the reviews. When and if i do coils i will prob go BC with swift. For now im working on a different project.
Old 08-27-12, 01:16 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

That statement doesn't really make sense. If your reasoning to save the mod money is that the F has suspension that is beyond your driving skill level and more power then you need to get in trouble then why would you go buy a more expensive, better handeling and faster GT3 RS?
Why not downgrade to something more suitable and save your money for something other then a car beyond your limitations?
If it is for the look and feel of driving a porsche then I think you may have answered the question as to why some of use have things like CF styling parts on our cars.
To each his own and all the power to you for saving up for a GT3 RS, I'm sure you have a good personal justification for wanting the car. Everyone has there own justification for the mods they do and how they spend there money on cars
Old 08-27-12, 01:39 PM
darbs242
Racer

Originally Posted by RCB
That statement doesn't really make sense. If your reasoning to save the mod money is that the F has suspension that is beyond your driving skill level and more power then you need to get in trouble then why would you go buy a more expensive, better handeling and faster GT3 RS?
Why not downgrade to something more suitable and save your money for something other then a car beyond your limitations?
If it is for the look and feel of driving a porsche then I think you may have answered the question as to why some of use have things like CF styling parts on our cars.
To each his own and all the power to you for saving up for a GT3 RS, I'm sure you have a good personal justification for wanting the car. Everyone has there own justification for the mods they do and how they spend there money on cars
Funny Funny +1
I must like to get in trouble... I just cant seem to get to that red line fast enough
Old 08-27-12, 01:44 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Darbs I'm probably the closed one to you with a modded F and the only one with BCRs/Swift for that matter. If your ever heading down towards the southern NH or Boston area let me know. If I'm available your welcome to try my car to see if you like the BCRs.

Quick Reply: K-Sport coilovers?