IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"New" member here. Looking for IS F :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-12, 07:39 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Have you considered ordering something new from a dealership? I would actually recommend against it just because you will pay a premium that you might be able to save if you pick something up slightly used, but since you have a very specific and rare color combo request, it might be your best chance. According to some reliable sources, there were less than 1500 IS-Fs total sent over to the US every year since 2009. Figure out of that number, only a handful are USB with white. If you're looking at 2011 and 2012, I'm sure very few people with that color are looking to sell at this point... so again, you might have to order something or be prepared to wait a year or more, or you may have to come up with a 2nd or 3rd choice if you can't wait and don't want to order.

Honestly, I would have rather had Obsidian with Alpine interior, but I couldn't find one with all the other criteria that I had and in my price range ($50K was my upper limit). I went with my 2nd choice which was Obsidian on black because I found an 09 w/ only 13K miles and one owner which I just couldn't pass on (even though it was "only" 500mi away). This car is rare enough that you might have to be a little flexible.
Old 10-02-12, 08:03 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LO 21
Gosh, that's not a lot at all. And that's from 2008?

Autotrader has 3 or 4 USB (I've only been searching 2011+). They're all black interior though. I'd like to narrow down my search to only 2012, but even without a year restriction, Blue/White is tough to come by :/
When it comes to USB, there is only ONE 2011 used blue in the whole nation, and the rest are 2008's. You mentioned you wanted only 2011+, but I did find an 08 with white interior....just do a search in the entire nation on cars.com
Old 10-03-12, 05:16 PM
lilcop17
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the headers make your MGP go down?
Old 10-03-12, 07:02 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

im just gonna leave this here.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...31352564&Log=0
Old 10-03-12, 09:24 PM
LO 21
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
Have you considered ordering something new from a dealership? I would actually recommend against it just because you will pay a premium that you might be able to save if you pick something up slightly used, but since you have a very specific and rare color combo request, it might be your best chance.
thanks for input. I'm in a similar position to what you were in when looking for your black. Options are get a blue with black interior at the year/price/mileage I'm comfortable with, pay a lot more than I'd like to and get a 2013 ordered to my specs, or simply continue to wait.

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
When it comes to USB, there is only ONE 2011 used blue in the whole nation, and the rest are 2008's. You mentioned you wanted only 2011+, but I did find an 08 with white interior....just do a search in the entire nation on cars.com
hey, thanks for helping to check. yep, I was only looking for 2011+, but now I'm only looking for 2012 because of the wheels. I've waited this long, I don't mind continuing to wait until 2012 certified pre-owned start to pop up a bit more.

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
hahaha. thanks for posting! I saw that yesterday as well. I noticed McGrath Lexus dealership in Chicago and instantly checked the VIN number on the listing. Indeed it is Mishkin's IS F that he traded in. Earlier in this thread, he posted about potentially having the perfect car for me You and he are both indeed right, that's the golden one right there that I'm looking for. Before he traded it in he gave me an option to buy it from him at a pretty decent price, but we decided not to move forward for a few reasons, mainly because we're so close to 2013's coming out that I figured I'd wait a few more months to find that exact car but in 2012, with the new wheels that I like. Thanks for posting it. Please do post if you come across that color combo at all for 2012!
Old 10-03-12, 09:34 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

lol, no problem man. i just purchased my blue isf last week. i had a blue 350z with white seats, never again. i wear true denim jeans and white seats was a huge mistake if you know what i mean. i sit on a towel or tshirt, no matter what color the interior is now. if you have OCD like me, just get the black interior lol
Old 10-03-12, 09:48 PM
LO 21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
lol, no problem man. i just purchased my blue isf last week. i had a blue 350z with white seats, never again. i wear true denim jeans and white seats was a huge mistake if you know what i mean. i sit on a towel or tshirt, no matter what color the interior is now. if you have OCD like me, just get the black interior lol
WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT a second...
I've been dead set on a blue/white IS F since I ever laid eyes on one 4+ years ago.
I've obviously heard the white seats are a bit tricky to maintain, but now you really got me thinking.
There are 3 (maybe 4?) blue IS F's in Florida right now. 2 are new 2012, the other 2 are 2011 certified pre owned I think (I'll have to check the exact details later, as I'm about to board a flight).
Either way, my point is my quest would be MUCH easier if I decided to get black interior.
I could negotiate a lot more heavily on a new one, since there are options and I know that these 2 dealerships have been sitting on their Blue IS F for months now. Or I'll have a higher chance of finding a pre-owned with black interior if I decide to go that route instead.

UGH, I'M SO TORN! WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME?!
Old 10-04-12, 10:34 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

my F has the white interior and i haven't yet had any problems w/ jeans ruining the seats. when i purchased the car used, i cleaned and applied a protective coating (the product was recommended by some members here) and it's been a-ok. i wouldn't worry too much.
Old 10-05-12, 07:55 AM
LO 21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cremaster
my F has the white interior and i haven't yet had any problems w/ jeans ruining the seats. when i purchased the car used, i cleaned and applied a protective coating (the product was recommended by some members here) and it's been a-ok. i wouldn't worry too much.
thanks for this input. i'm sure it can get messy, but it will be fine if properly taken care of. glad you cured my momentary "lapse"

Not that any colored IS F wouldn't be awesome, but if I'm going to take this big step, I'd prefer it to be the exact one I've always had my eye on

What product did you use on the white leather? And that was the one time, or you use that product, or anything else, on a regular basis?
Old 10-05-12, 10:57 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

^^ i'll have to go look in the garage when i get back home. yeah, just used once right when i bought the car about 7 months ago? which reminds me, i should do another clean and treatment soon. someone recommended to do it every 6 months or so.
Old 10-07-12, 08:25 AM
DS2k
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leon!! It's nice to finally see you making the move to the ISF!!! Blue on White is the perfect combo... best of luck finding one soon. Let me know how things fair out with you... meanwhile, I hope those GTM wheels are still treating you well

Hans

Edit: oh, and don't worry about white seats... I have them and they still look fine without any special handling. Nothing I got on them so far couldn't be cleaned out either by a wet towel or a steam machine.

Last edited by DS2k; 10-07-12 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10-25-12, 09:11 AM
LO 21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cremaster
^^ i'll have to go look in the garage when i get back home. yeah, just used once right when i bought the car about 7 months ago? which reminds me, i should do another clean and treatment soon. someone recommended to do it every 6 months or so.
how are the seats holding up? let me know if you found the product you use in your garage

Originally Posted by DS2k
Leon!! It's nice to finally see you making the move to the ISF!!! Blue on White is the perfect combo... best of luck finding one soon. Let me know how things fair out with you... meanwhile, I hope those GTM wheels are still treating you well

Hans

Edit: oh, and don't worry about white seats... I have them and they still look fine without any special handling. Nothing I got on them so far couldn't be cleaned out either by a wet towel or a steam machine.
Hans! Hey man, I honestly didn't realize that was you, since your username is an abbreviation of your username on my.is. Glad to hear from you buddy!

Well, I'm still looking for that elusive blue/white. Thanks, I hope to find one soon!

GTM's are as wonderful as the day I received them. Wouldn't change those out for any other wheel on my IS300! Are you feeling an upgrade in your horizon? Interad is what I'll be looking for after I can find an F
Old 10-25-12, 09:41 AM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

Ive always want white or a red interior. White on white or white on red. I just dont want to pay a premium from the dealer to get wvhat I want. So I just got a used white on black.
Old 10-26-12, 01:10 AM
Kevin.IS
Lexus Test Driver

Good luck. I have a USB with white interior and let me tell you, its a PITA keeping it somewhat clean. Other than that I love the car.
Old 10-26-12, 09:53 AM
LO 21
Pole Position

Well I've been endlessly unsuccessful in finding the color combo I've always wanted, but I may have found a good deal on a new 2012 IS F, different color than what I wanted but still very nice. With 2013's about to come out, I'm trying to be very aggressive. What do you guys think?

2012, brand new, 20 miles on the ODO. I would have to fly out to see it since it's located pretty far way.

MSRP around $67k like every other IS F.
I have them down to $59k so far. Jump on it? Offer a few thousand less?

Or wait for 2012 pre-owned in the Blue/White I want, and likely pay in the low 50's?

Quick Reply: "New" member here. Looking for IS F :)