IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"New" member here. Looking for IS F :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-12, 09:33 AM
LO 21
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Old time IS300 owner. In the process of looking for 2012 Blue/White IS F :)

Hey guys, I'll keep the intro short.

Been a member on my.is for 10 years. Very active on there.

I've had two IS300's (pictures below, to at least keep this thread mildly entertaining until I get an IS F)
2001 Spectra Blue Mica - Bought new in 2001 as my daily. Became my "garage queen" around 2009. Still have it.
2004 Thundercloud Metallic - Bought certified pre-owned in 2010. Sold last month for about $1k less than what I paid

I've DREAMED of an IS F since it was first announced and then released in 2008.
Each model year since then, I've been thankful I've waited because of upgrades (especially with the gauge cluster and headlight updates in the 2011+ models).

I'm pretty picky on finding an Ultrasonic Blue IS F with Alpine white interior.
And only looking for 2011+. Preferably 2012 because I like the wheels better. Although I'd love 2013 with the upcoming suspension upgrades, I'll probably wait for the 2013's to come out to get a better deal on a 2012.

So! Nice to be on here now (been a member for a while but wasn't very active. But your IS F community is WAY better and more active than my.is)
Hope to come back with good news and pictures soon
Attached Thumbnails "New" member here.  Looking for IS F :)-2vkytfo.jpg   "New" member here.  Looking for IS F :)-ecx81.jpg   "New" member here.  Looking for IS F :)-fw8dh.jpg   "New" member here.  Looking for IS F :)-e372b32c.jpg  

Last edited by LO 21; 10-26-12 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-30-12, 09:56 AM
LO 21
Pole Position

it's horrible luck to count your chickens before they hatch, which is why I haven't bought any parts yet (although VERY tempted to) until I get an IS F. but here's my plans (some of which I'll hopefully do right away, others which may need to wait)

ISS Forged exhaust system
Headers
Intake
KW coilovers
20x9.5, 20x11 wheels (have a few ideas but not sure which yet. definitely up for suggestions)
L-tuned parts (Think Design) full carbon fiber steering wheel
L-tuned parts (Think Design) carbon fiber rear seat tray
full wald body kit, front molded (this one will have to wait as I likely wont be excited to drop that much money at the beginning into something with very little function)

Last edited by LO 21; 08-30-12 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-30-12, 09:57 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Good luck with the search for the F, u r on the right track lolz, i had the IS300, IS350, now ISF . Love the v8 with paddle shifters
Old 08-30-12, 10:18 AM
Boma
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome!

Your blue IS looks amazing!

Good luck on your search for the perfect USB and white interior IS F.. USB is definitely an eye-catching color!
Old 08-30-12, 10:51 AM
raceism
Rookie

welcome to the community and good luck on purchasing the new ISF!!! I've purchased mine about a month ago and I'm absolutely loving it!!! You can easily break 400+ whp with just 2-3 bolt-on's. That's what I've done with my ISF. Just intake, drop-in filter, headers, and exhaust. Sounds AMAZING and FAST!!
Old 08-30-12, 11:45 AM
GenuineKid
Driver

you need to have headers in the #1 spot of your mod. This will make the most power and make the v8 growl.
Old 08-30-12, 12:01 PM
LO 21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by raceism
welcome to the community and good luck on purchasing the new ISF!!! I've purchased mine about a month ago and I'm absolutely loving it!!! You can easily break 400+ whp with just 2-3 bolt-on's. That's what I've done with my ISF. Just intake, drop-in filter, headers, and exhaust. Sounds AMAZING and FAST!!
congrats on your new purchase!

Originally Posted by GenuineKid
you need to have headers in the #1 spot of your mod. This will make the most power and make the v8 growl.
and to both of you, thanks!! exactly why I made this thread. I have my own ideas but definitely need first-hand input from you guys with IS F experience.

list edited
(although second, not first, since ISS is a local company and i'll be getting the exhaust right away)

Any suggestions on headers and intake?
Headers I have no previous knowledge.
For intake, I had seen SRT working on one back in 2008 when they did my turbo setup on the IS300. Did that ever materialize? Have also heard of Joe Z, but I'm open to suggestions as I'm sure by know its probably known which one is the best.

Last edited by LO 21; 08-30-12 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-30-12, 01:04 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

For intakes, Joe-Z is the way to go with either an aFe dry filter or a Tom's filter. I have the aFe filter and it works great. If you want to opt for a more traditional shortram intake with a cone filter, K&N and Injen both make one, though I believe Injen has been the choice for most.

SRT does have an intake out as well but there have been bad stories about it.

For headers Sikky and PPE are the main choices for right now. There were a couple of group buys a few months ago. Sikky might have slightly higher gains but PPE seems to have better craftsmanship.

Other popular modifications I've seen done are titanium shift ***** and the Cusco front strut tower bar.
Old 08-30-12, 02:43 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to the dark side......Hope you find a car soon, before winter time!

The problem with the IS was everything had been done by you! No challenges were left, unless you are Albert!

Digger08
Old 08-30-12, 02:49 PM
mishkinm5
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shoot me a pm I have the car you are looking for!
Old 08-30-12, 02:55 PM
Polkman
Driver

I know someone who has sikky headers forsale and is local.
Old 10-02-12, 05:20 AM
LO 21
Pole Position

Well, I've still been unlucky in my search for Blue/White IS F. A few 2012 Blue ones on Autotrader, but with black interior.

At this point, I'm pretty stuck on 2012 and willing to wait as long as it takes. It'll have to be a pristine deal to "settle" on a 2011.

Any leads would be awesome! We all know this thread will be infinitely more entertaining once it becomes a "Build Progress Thread" rather than this "Unsuccessful Searching Thread"
Old 10-02-12, 05:30 AM
LO 21
Pole Position

Goodness. I just noticed I've been on CL for exactly 10 years as of yesterday. That's very cool.

I've known a few of the South Florida CL guys from local meets over the years, but I was solely on my.is. With the hopeful upcoming IS F, I think my forum life will instantly take a 180 towards CL and away from my beloved my.is, since the IS F activity and members on there doesn't come close to CL. You guys are awesome.

Either way, here's still to wishful thinking!
Old 10-02-12, 06:53 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So cars.com has only 14 used USB ISF's for sale in the ENTIRE nation....which shows how rare it still is. I think you'll have to wait til 2013 and see if more go on the market...doesn't look like many are willing to part with theirs!
Old 10-02-12, 07:00 AM
LO 21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
So cars.com has only 14 used USB ISF's for sale in the ENTIRE nation....which shows how rare it still is. I think you'll have to wait til 2013 and see if more go on the market...doesn't look like many are willing to part with theirs!
Gosh, that's not a lot at all. And that's from 2008?

Autotrader has 3 or 4 USB (I've only been searching 2011+). They're all black interior though. I'd like to narrow down my search to only 2012, but even without a year restriction, Blue/White is tough to come by :/

Quick Reply: "New" member here. Looking for IS F :)