IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anyone know what kind of rims these are??

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-12, 10:07 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Also checking out how they are made is bad *** there were sets of rims sitting around with tags to what they go to and each tag was like McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi R8 lol I was like dayummmm and also each set is custom made to buyers car specs and finish choice that's why it's more expensive too ur not just buying generic vossens lol
Old 09-08-12, 01:01 AM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Murph145
Also checking out how they are made is bad *** there were sets of rims sitting around with tags to what they go to and each tag was like McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi R8 lol I was like dayummmm and also each set is custom made to buyers car specs and finish choice that's why it's more expensive too ur not just buying generic vossens lol
ouch to all of the vossen guys but I do understand the point you are making. I was just curious when somebody had stated the wheels were 4k. if the trackspec had been offered to me for 4k I surely would've jumped on them
Old 09-08-12, 07:07 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptAwsm
Expensive wheels with a questionable reputation. Google their old company's name: 360 Forged.. see what countless forums have said. If youre going to spend this much, you can buy from an established company like HRE, BBS, or Volk.

I totally agree with CaptAwsm's last statement. The link between between ADV.1 and 360 Forged of old is readily available to read online. Times have changed, but reputation will always linger.

If purchasing expensive wheels, I would want one worthy of my money with one most important attribute, that the company has Motorsport Heritage with their wheels (e.g., HRE, BBS, Volk, etc.). No offense to Murph.
Old 09-08-12, 08:21 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing wrong with vossen each rim manufacturer has a different price point and target market. Vossen does have nice designed rims which are mass produced in Taiwan nothing wrong with that and adv has nice rims hich are made in America which in my book is a plus. I do agree bbs, volk, work, hre etc have good reps but each company started out as a newbie company and has lasted because of quality and innovation so I think adv.1 will be ok as long as they keep pushing fwd and making quality products
Old 09-12-12, 07:10 AM
spooledsrt
Driver School Candidate

Here's all you need to know about ADV.1 and some. Read the entire thread to see the entire fiasco play out.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717258

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=708827

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673835

Last edited by spooledsrt; 09-12-12 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-12-12, 07:39 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=717258&page=3

Sorry to see and hear your going through this. Soon people will realize to stop purchasing over priced wheels with poor manufacturing quality. i am willing to bet 8 of 10 customer's take there wheels apart it will be the same way. Ask your self this question. Jordan say's, they drill an extra 40 holes for weight reduction. If you drilled an extra 40 holes for weight reduction, why are the hole threaded?
Maybe because you did not line the center disc correct in the cnc machine and when they went to build the wheel the holes didn't line up, so they had to replace the disc back into the cnc machine and redrill the correct fitment to line up the inner's and outter's. If you wanted weight reduction why wasn't the back pad near the pcd bored out like the picture below? It's one thing after another.

Honestly I always thought ADV.1 had been around for yearssssss, crazy to learn their a fairly new company, this does make me wonder.
Old 09-12-12, 01:13 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

I suppose you don't always get what you pay for huh? In this case, what you are paying for are pretty pictures, marketing, spoke design, and customization. Anyone that's been in the game for awhile already know their rep and avoid their products accordingly. That's not to say that all of their wheels have issues; but at that price point, what's to gain from a consumer perspective by taking those risks?

Made in America is not always better. Ironic that people say that when they are driving a Japanese engineered car.
Old 09-12-12, 01:52 PM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=717258&page=3

Honestly I always thought ADV.1 had been around for yearssssss, crazy to learn their a fairly new company, this does make me wonder.
Yea.. when I first started seeing their ads I was thinking Advan, Japanese. Thought it was maybe their new glamour line or something.