IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2013 IS F: Does it make sense to buy/lease a car near the end of its model run?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-12, 01:18 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by stratman
I purchased a 2012 Starfire Pearl White IS F in August with black leather/Alcantra interor. Though the '13 model has a few more suspension tweaks, the '12 is definitely one of the best years for the IS F. I had an '09 which I purchased Certified Pre-Owned in August of 2010 and, while it was a great car, the '12 is a much better machine. Since the 2013 may be the last of this particular body style, it may very well become a sought after vehicle in the future, especially if the new version goes v-6 twin turbo. I got a really good deal on my '12 and a good trade-in on the '09 too. Don't know if the dealing on a '13 would be as good. Either way, you can't go wrong.
So I have to ask. What kind of deal did you get on yours?
Old 09-22-12, 11:50 AM
stratman
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I got $2.5k off MSRP, $39k on trade-in, and 50% off on the 3M front protection film, 55% off extended warranty, and since the '12 came with the Zaktek paint protectant, a complimentary reapplication in six months. Also, the amount I financed is at 2.9%. Not a screaming deal, but I feel a good deal. Remember, with the 2013 models coming out, the dealerships want to sell the 2012s so they are more willing to work with the potential buyer. Also, having really good credit doesn't hurt either.
Old 09-23-12, 07:06 PM
silk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STGSC400
Yeah but they all have read leather interior
I have white leather in my 12.
Old 09-23-12, 08:02 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I think he means the ones in his area dude...
Old 09-24-12, 06:24 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stratman
I purchased a 2012 Starfire Pearl White IS F in August with black leather/Alcantra interor. Though the '13 model has a few more suspension tweaks, the '12 is definitely one of the best years for the IS F. I had an '09 which I purchased Certified Pre-Owned in August of 2010 and, while it was a great car, the '12 is a much better machine. Since the 2013 may be the last of this particular body style, it may very well become a sought after vehicle in the future, especially if the new version goes v-6 twin turbo. I got a really good deal on my '12 and a good trade-in on the '09 too. Don't know if the dealing on a '13 would be as good. Either way, you can't go wrong.
If you want an F now, buy it. The 2012 is a phenomenal machine that never fails to thrill. Everyone who hops in my car ends up wanting one.
Old 09-24-12, 06:27 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy it, you'll have the cream of the crop...
Old 09-24-12, 06:36 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+Don't thinking your buy a model that is soon getting old rather think your buying the best that is available now....
Old 09-24-12, 10:19 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISF001
If you want an F now, buy it. The 2012 is a phenomenal machine that never fails to thrill. Everyone who hops in my car ends up wanting one.
Originally Posted by Mjthind
Buy it, you'll have the cream of the crop...
Originally Posted by Mjthind
+Don't thinking your buy a model that is soon getting old rather think your buying the best that is available now....
Thanks guys. This really helps. Boy do I want one NOW.
Old 09-25-12, 04:18 AM
toky916
Pole Position

I got the 2012 starfire with the red interior and love it I was going to wait for 2nd gen but then thought
About it and said F it looks good what else do I need a rocket strapped to the back
It's perfect as it suspension and the torsen help and the led DRL look amazing at night .
I love it not regretting any moment
Old 09-25-12, 05:12 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

If your worried about a new F coming out, go the GTR route. I highly doubt that the new F is coming out within the next 2 years, but you really never know when no information has been released.
Old 09-25-12, 09:11 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

You're not alone, I've said it before as well. We won't see a 2nd generation ISF together with the next generation IS, it'll be probably 2 years later at least. 2015 might be the correct target.

Originally Posted by Just F Me
This is only speculation that an IS F is on it's way for 2014. It could be 2-3 more years before we see a new 2nd generation IS F. I seem to be the only one that argues this point but car manufactures don't come out with guns blazing their first year showing all their cards.

Never lease? Mileage restriction? Why? I'd say lease it and when you're done with the car trade it in, either for another Lexus or for a different brand, and get a good appraisal, that way you don't worry about your mileage.

Originally Posted by lexsane
unless you can write the lease off on your taxes..never lease.. why have milage restrictions, and wear and tear worries.. finance it or if you have the money.. buy it outright so you don't have a car payment at all. lexus will hold its value.. if you got a beemer you would take a bath on it..they drop in value like a boulder off a bridge.
as for next generation F it's all smoke and mirrors for now..your guess is as good as anyone else's.

Actually I have never seen the red interior in person, I got my 2012 Matador Red ISF with alpine white interior... and it's still shinny white! The other 2012 ISFs that I've seen at dealerships have the black alcantara interior.

Originally Posted by STGSC400
Yeah but they all have read leather interior
Old 09-25-12, 11:02 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
If your worried about a new F coming out, go the GTR route. I highly doubt that the new F is coming out within the next 2 years, but you really never know when no information has been released.
Go the GTR route if you want a performance monster and you're ok with everything else being crap.
Old 09-25-12, 02:28 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

^^^ Maybe not crap but waaaaaay below Lexus' standards.
Old 09-25-12, 07:04 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Just F Me
Go the GTR route if you want a performance monster and you're ok with everything else being crap.
IDK about that but everyone has an opinion.

So OP whats it going to be?
Old 09-25-12, 10:26 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
IDK about that but everyone has an opinion.

So OP whats it going to be?
Putting me on the spot, eh? I'll give you a hint what I've been up to...A little side by side comparo
Attached Thumbnails 2013 IS F: Does it make sense to buy/lease a car near the end of its model run?-2012-09-21-08.46.53a.jpg   2013 IS F: Does it make sense to buy/lease a car near the end of its model run?-2012-09-21-08.47.08a.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2013 IS F: Does it make sense to buy/lease a car near the end of its model run?