IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

First upgrades ordered

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-12 | 11:41 PM
farpetrad
Pole Position

Originally Posted by deskx22
Tracking numbers are rarely updated real time. Wait until tonight; your tracking number should probably work by then. If there are issues, call them back. They run a legitimate business. You have nothing to worry about.
Nope tracking number I was given still says it is invalid, no invoice in my mail either, looks like I will be calling my credit card company and disputing yet another charge.
Old 10-23-12 | 04:05 AM
Boma
Lead Lap
CL Folding 25,000

It's not a huge company like Amazon so they won't have a huge staff at their disposal. L-Tuned parts is probably a 1 or 2 man operation not only doing online orders but walk-in purchases as well. It is a good sign that you're able to touch base with them in the first place. Just give them some time and you will get them as soon as possible!
Old 10-23-12 | 01:49 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Carson Toyota is legit, don't worry.
Old 10-23-12 | 02:43 PM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by farpetrad
Nope tracking number I was given still says it is invalid, no invoice in my mail either, looks like I will be calling my credit card company and disputing yet another charge.
You worry to much. Just wait for it. Luis is a good guy. I never heard any problems from L-tuned parts. You should be okay.
Old 10-24-12 | 01:14 AM
JasonH42
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by farpetrad
Hmm so anyone have problems with Carson Toyota/L-Tuned parts? They told me my card wouldn't be charged till it shipped, card was charged right away, was told I would get an invoice in my email when the card was charged, no invoice. Call today am given a tracking number and am told it will be emailed to me shortly, tracking number doesn't work and no email....
I had endless problems with them; ordered a black chrome grille surround and afe filter and they charged my card straight away. Luis told me he had a surround in stock but not the filter, that would take a week.

Two days later he said the surround was cracked and would have to order another from Japan, and it would take six weeks. And he'd keep my money in the meantime.

A week later he said afe hadn't delivered the filter so I cancelled and got one elsewhere.

Six weeks later I chased the surround and he said it would arrive from Japan in a week.

A week later he said there were no surrounds in the container, offered no explanation and no apology so I cancelled that too and asked for a refund.

A week later I had to chase the refund...
Old 10-24-12 | 01:28 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

i ordered a part from carson toyota this morning, already got a tracking number. was very nice as well.
Old 10-24-12 | 08:56 AM
farpetrad
Pole Position

Tracking number FINALLY is working today and all information on the UPS site contradicts everything Carlos said about when my package shipped, he claims it shipped Monday at 2:30pm pst, according to ups it wasn't even picked up from Carson until yesterday when it was scanned at 5:53pm pst.... I was/am worried bc I have dealt with plenty of shady companies and so far all my interactions with Louis or Carson have come across to me as very sketch, when you put me on hold for 55 mins to find my order, there is something either wrong or going on.
Old 10-29-12 | 08:14 AM
farpetrad
Pole Position

OK SCREW Carson. Package shows up, WRONG ****ING PARTS sent to me. They sent me an intake and filter for a IS250/350. Call them up and I am getting nothing but excuses. And they want ME to pay to ship this back. Looks like im calling my credit card company and the BBB.
Old 10-29-12 | 09:06 AM
farpetrad
Pole Position

So called to try to get Louis noone answers his phone..... I call from my work line instead of my phone and lo and behold he picks up on the first ring.... I filed my complained with the BBB and will be warning everyone I know to avoid ordering from Carson. I'm sure a lot of you guys have had no problems but I have gotten nothing but the run around and flat out lies from them.
Old 11-01-12 | 03:48 PM
farpetrad
Pole Position

So the intake finally showed up

Don't mind the mess of cat5 cables on my desk, you don't want to know how many machines I have at work

And just after installing

Anyone want to tell me or point me to a diy on how to change the air filter, I only see 2 clips on the box and didn't see how to remove it without removing a bunch of bolts, or was I supposed to change it while the intake is off?