IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

BMW 335I or Lexus ISF ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-12, 04:15 AM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is long overdue to be put out of its misery, but let me add one point.
As a very recent ISF owner, I am impressed with the reception this car receives in terms of props on the highway and in parking lots.
The ISF gets admiration not just from performance car owners but from luxury cars. Mercedes, Cadillacs, you name it, they all admire the looks and performance of the F. You never see a Beemer getting that kind of respect.

By the way, I think it's nuts to consider modding this car. For a competent and skilled road course driver, this vehicle delivers all the power and performance you need, and it is balanced in a way you could never improve upon. I think most of the modders are just looking for a faster quarter mile time, at the expense of true performance.
Old 10-29-12, 04:52 AM
Boma
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe this thread is still going strong at 7 pages! Let's run this into the ground!

To who ever said a properly modded 335i would destroy an ISF.. Absolutely! Using this same logic, we could also say a "properly modded" CIVIC can crush the ISF, let alone the majority of super cars on the road. I think the point many of us are trying to make here is not which car is better on a track, but rather which car has the best of ALL world's right off the bat: performance, luxury, reliability, and head-turn-ability (making up words now!) Now the criteria of such a car would be subjective, namely the head-turn-ability, but overwhelmingly the ISF proves to have the complete package.

A 335i's advantage over the ISF would be the more diverse range of possible modifications that are available. One may even say that the 335i looks better than the F (blasphemy to me btw but again this is subjective) in the end, the fact is that the 335's reliability cannot rival the ISF's. You can make the 3 series the fastest car in the planet but which car will spend more time in the shop? Or rather, which car will have more parts replaced in it than Frankenstein?

The M3 is a more worthy comparison to the F but there is still a strong debate on which car comes out on top between these two machines. Don't be mistaken, the ISF is a solid car, and so is the M3 in ways that the F isn't, and vice-versa. Raw performance? The M wins. Bigger selection of modifications? 2-0 M. Better MPG? F takes this one. Rarity? This one goes to the F. This can go back and forth to infinity with no clear winner in sight.
Old 10-29-12, 05:39 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Boma
This can go back and forth to infinity with no clear winner in sight.
No, no... the IS-F is the clear winner. /fanboy
Old 10-29-12, 05:52 AM
Boma
Lead Lap

Yeah outside of this debate ISF FTW hands down lol. Hmmm that may be a nice custom plate one day! ISF FTW!
Old 10-29-12, 11:39 AM
daniel3ooo
Pole Position

I have both! An 08 ISF and well my gf has an 07 e92 335i. The 335i feels like it handles better and the acceleration of a turbo definitely feels different/better imo. I love modding my cars and b/c the ISF has such limited mods its nice to be able to play with the 335i. If you love adding parts to your car the 335 might be the better choice