IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Dealer didnt put oil in my car!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-12, 02:28 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dealer didnt put oil in my car!

So I pic up my car after an oil change. As im driving home My low oil light comes on. I think maybe the oil is moving so I continue home. Before I got home the light came on 2 more time. I get home check the dip stick and what do I get....a dry ****ing stick. I check again and still dry. WTF

I drove home about 25 minutes away. What if my engine had blown!?!?!
Now they have to send a tow truck out and I have to ride back with the truck to get another ****ing loaner. Whoever the mechanic was needs to be moved to janitor duty!
Old 10-30-12, 02:32 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

wow! that's messed up and i would bring this up to the service manager if not someone higher.
Old 10-30-12, 02:52 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoa!! If I had this experience I wouldn't be able to shake off doubt that damage has been done. I hope the dealership takes care of you. Good thing it is a Lexus, any other car would have been toast.

Lesson learned: do your own oil changes!
Old 10-30-12, 02:59 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would request that your engine be torn apart and inspected for damage. There is no way in hell you could drive home for 25 min and the engine not have some sort of damage to it. I think they owe you a new engine. I would demand it if I were you.

Last edited by zapa; 10-30-12 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-30-12, 03:03 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Im definitely expecting some kind of compensation. Luckily there was no smoke or engine knocking. I just checked the stick again and it appears to have a very small amount of oil. this may have saved my engine.
Old 10-30-12, 03:04 PM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

contact the dealer ASAP have it Towed back and insist that it be inspected for any damage.
Old 10-30-12, 03:08 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

If replacing the engine isn't possible, I think the next best thing would be free maintenance for a year!
Old 10-30-12, 03:28 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Boma
If replacing the engine isn't possible, I think the next best thing would be free maintenance for a year!
After what happened, I wouldn't go back there fore maintenance.
Old 10-30-12, 03:41 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Originally Posted by ShadowISF
After what happened, I wouldn't go back there fore maintenance.
Sad part is JM lexus is the best!. I stopped going to the dealer close to my house because they were dicks. This is the first issue Ive had with them.
Old 10-30-12, 04:05 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You can check the bill and you know how many quarts of oil put in the engine,I don't think they didn't put oil in your engine that you can drive 25 miles home. It happened to me once ,the dealer put only 6 quarts of oils instead of 8, but luckily I'm 2 miles away from dealer.
Hopefully everything is OK !
Old 10-30-12, 04:16 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Our car calls for 9.8 quarts

I'd have tis issue noted on the main computer system and have them print you out the page as a safety blanket. What if 1-8 months down the road something happens to your engine and then they wanna be d*icks about it? At least you'd have proof of something that happend and what might have caused it

Sucks that it happend at JM. Thats where I took my car to get the headers installed
Old 10-30-12, 04:22 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

I am not sure i would feel comfortable with anything they could come up with as you don't know what the long term affect will be. Maybe insist for the maximum length warranty due to too many unknowns?... That would always be in the back of my mind as one quart down in a typical 5 quart fill drops 30% of its lubrication ability so depending on what they actually did put in and considering the 10 quart fill, who knows.
Old 10-30-12, 04:25 PM
rogzballz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shyguyF
You can check the bill and you know how many quarts of oil put in the engine,I don't think they didn't put oil in your engine that you can drive 25 miles home. It happened to me once ,the dealer put only 6 quarts of oils instead of 8, but luckily I'm 2 miles away from dealer.
Hopefully everything is OK !
8qts ? Which car do you have?
Old 10-30-12, 04:28 PM
rogzballz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sad thing is that if you want something done right, have to do it yourself
Old 10-30-12, 04:32 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
^ Our car calls for 9.8 quarts

I'd have tis issue noted on the main computer system and have them print you out the page as a safety blanket. What if 1-8 months down the road something happens to your engine and then they wanna be d*icks about it? At least you'd have proof of something that happend and what might have caused it

Sucks that it happend at JM. Thats where I took my car to get the headers installed
I had planned on doing that just in case it causes a problem later.
Yea Ive had a ton of wok done ther, headers, intake, exhaust, repair after getting hit, exhaust again during accident repair and I take my other cars there and have bought cars from them. As long as they remedy the situation to my satisfaction ill continue to go.

Quick Reply: Dealer didnt put oil in my car!