IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New IS-F Owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-12, 02:42 PM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New IS-F Owner

Hello Club Lexus! Just want to introduce myself to the forums. I am active on my350z as I still have my 350z. I was going to purchase a used 09 Titantium GT-R AFTER my fiance' dumped me and called off the wedding. I had a deal, but I didn't like the terms and conditions (recent short sale on my rental property). So I decided on getting a used 2008 IS-F in Ultrasonic Blue with 36k miles on it. Here are some pics of the car. I look forward to being a part of the rare family of IS-F owners. I have attached some shots of the F as it's getting transported and my Z.

My 2003 350z has 163k miles and has seen her fare share of track days, autoX, and drag racing.

My first mods will definitely be headers, exhaust, and the JoeZ intake.

Once the F get's here I will definitely take some better pictures of her.
Attached Thumbnails New IS-F Owner-303740_10150272706272724_7980969_n.jpg   New IS-F Owner-555587_10150921948547724_2107383039_n.jpg   New IS-F Owner-cam00207.jpg   New IS-F Owner-cam00208.jpg   New IS-F Owner-2012-08-30_18-59-00_922.jpg  

Last edited by Bigcloud; 10-30-12 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-30-12, 03:05 PM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to the forums. Nice looking F and 350.
Old 10-30-12, 03:13 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

Welcome!

Sorry to hear about getting dumped like that.. at least your Z and your F are more reliable and they won't ever leave your side! Great color, USB FTW!

Where in VA are you located?
Old 10-30-12, 03:16 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Congrats and Welcome to the F family !!!
Old 10-30-12, 03:17 PM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jbjones85
welcome to the forums. Nice looking F and 350.
Thanks jbjones!

Originally Posted by Boma
Welcome!

Sorry to hear about getting dumped like that.. at least your Z and your F are more reliable and they won't ever leave your side! Great color, USB FTW!

Where in VA are you located?
Boma yeah it's tough getting dumped we lived together and everything in HER townhouse. Never again!!! My Z has been so good to me over the years and she hasn't let me down as my ex...lol. I can't wait until the F get's here. I'm in my mid 30's and don't feel right driving the Z to work anymore. I feel old in it, and I don't feel professional for some reason.

I'm located in Reston. Where are you located?
Old 10-30-12, 03:25 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Congrats and the F and welcome!
Old 10-30-12, 03:33 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

Yeah the F is a great choice, it has the performance, luxury, and reliability all in one package. In terms of performance it is no GT-R but everything about the F is solid and you won't be disappointed! People will definitely feel the F's presence and you'll feel like a professional once again!

I'm further south in Virginia Beach. We actually recently had an F meet a few weeks ago in Richmond where 5 of us from VA Beach and 5 from NoVa showed up. Hopefully you would be able to make it out to one of our meets one day so we can check out your faithful F!
Old 10-30-12, 03:51 PM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Congrats and Welcome to the F family !!!
Thanks blitz!!

Originally Posted by ShadowISF
Congrats and the F and welcome!
Thanks Shadow!!

Originally Posted by Boma
Yeah the F is a great choice, it has the performance, luxury, and reliability all in one package. In terms of performance it is no GT-R but everything about the F is solid and you won't be disappointed! People will definitely feel the F's presence and you'll feel like a professional once again!

I'm further south in Virginia Beach. We actually recently had an F meet a few weeks ago in Richmond where 5 of us from VA Beach and 5 from NoVa showed up. Hopefully you would be able to make it out to one of our meets one day so we can check out your faithful F!
Boma I can't wait until the car get's here. I did compromise in not getting the GT-R. However, with being a responsible adult I can wait on getting one. I did see the thread where you guys had the East coast record for F's. I will definitely come out to on one of the meets. I take it they are going to be stopping here with the winter coming. I'm an avid snowboarder so I will definitely be out this winter.

And yes I did feel like a boy racer coming to work in the Z. It doesn't have the class the F has.
Old 10-30-12, 04:02 PM
meangene4
Pit Crew

Welcome, what part of va are you from?
Old 10-30-12, 04:03 PM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by meangene4
Welcome, what part of va are you from?

Meangne4 I'm from Reston. You?
Old 10-30-12, 04:13 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Very nice! Welcome and I believe you will be happy with the car. The cost of ownership of this unique car is very reasonable plus like you already mentioned, you will not see many out there.

Enjoy!
Old 10-30-12, 04:21 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the F'n family. I hope WE aren't the rebound forum

Love to see how you compare the F at the track with your Z.

Sorry to hear about the wedding. Time to hit the gym again, get a pimp car(already have), and go out and tear it up!
Old 10-30-12, 04:32 PM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISFSteve
Very nice! Welcome and I believe you will be happy with the car. The cost of ownership of this unique car is very reasonable plus like you already mentioned, you will not see many out there.

Enjoy!
Thanks ISFSteve! I'm glad I made the purchase. I can't wait to drive around in the NOVA area.

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
Welcome to the F'n family. I hope WE aren't the rebound forum

Love to see how you compare the F at the track with your Z.

Sorry to hear about the wedding. Time to hit the gym again, get a pimp car(already have), and go out and tear it up!
DCoolBeans thanks! You guys were the FIRST forum I registered on. I took a look at the volume of traffic across a few sites and I liked how RECENT all the posts were here. Some other sites were just not as active from my research. I'm apart of the largest 350z site on the web and I enjoy it. I look forward to getting to know everyone and contribute here.

I will definitely compare the Z to the F on the track. I'm scheduled to go to VIR on the 10th. I'm going to be using STOCK everything to get a baseline on the car. From there I will do suspension, rims, better brakes, new fluid, hopefully SS lines if they have them for our car, exhaust, headers, and intake. My Z is very fast on the track. I hang with my boy's RS4's and BMW 335is in the curves. They completely demolish me in the straights. I have a feeling the F will put me ahead as I'm one of the better drivers in my group.

And I am in the gym and smashing chicks left and right.

Last edited by Bigcloud; 10-30-12 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-30-12, 04:40 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on a beautiful car. Ultra Sonic Blue for the Mother F'n WIN!

I dont own a isF but I have little brother IS-Fsport

If you ever really upgrade the brakes PM me and I will buy yours.

Enjoy the forums
Old 10-30-12, 05:18 PM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Congrats on a beautiful car. Ultra Sonic Blue for the Mother F'n WIN!

I dont own a isF but I have little brother IS-Fsport

If you ever really upgrade the brakes PM me and I will buy yours.

Enjoy the forums
Thanks Vroomin! I loooove the Ultra Sonic Blue! I like your car as well. Very tastefully modded from your sig. I should have said better brake pads. I'm definitely keeping the stock brakes for now. If I do sell them you will be first in line. My Z came with 4 piston fronts and 2 piston rears. I love the 6 piston fronts!

Quick Reply: New IS-F Owner