IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE/Sikky headers on stock exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-12, 06:35 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm, I've been thinking about headers next Spring and I too have deleted cats and mufflers. Wondering what the gains will be AND how much louder it will get. I don't want any louder and sometimes I wish I had cut outs. It can get a bit annoying when you just want some peace and quiet, but that's only about 10% of the time.
Old 11-24-12, 07:01 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
^ thanks for the link lowrider

so basically, im going to leave the post cats in there.

do i still need this "o2 conditioner or simulator"

also, where is the cheapest price to get o2 sensors? i should just go ahead and buy them just incase they do strip out correct? last thing i want is the F stuck at the shop.
If you don't do headers and leave the stock manifolds with the cats in place, your golden and you need not o2 conditioner. The system only measures before and after the first cat.. nothing is measured after the secondary cats.

Lou
Old 11-25-12, 02:27 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Drop the cash and dont look back. headers are the key to F power

Last edited by darbs242; 12-22-12 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-25-12, 11:33 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^ I'll be on the same boat as you guys but with PPE headers and stock exhaust. Just waiting for a word back from one of the Lexus Techs if they can get the job done or not...
Old 11-26-12, 10:02 AM
D&KsLexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ISFPOWER where are you planning on getting your headers installed? I have thought about taking a couple of days off and going to Baltimore to get them installed and dyno'd by another member on here (cant remember their name). I mentioned to my local Lexus dealer that I would be doing this and they started talking about dropping the engine out for the install, which I know you dont have to do, so I will atleast let him quote it for me, but I dont know any other local reputable shops in CLT.
Old 12-21-12, 08:30 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by D&KsLexus
ISFPOWER where are you planning on getting your headers installed? I have thought about taking a couple of days off and going to Baltimore to get them installed and dyno'd by another member on here (cant remember their name). I mentioned to my local Lexus dealer that I would be doing this and they started talking about dropping the engine out for the install, which I know you dont have to do, so I will atleast let him quote it for me, but I dont know any other local reputable shops in CLT.
sorry just came back on this thread.

i got an email back from JE this morning in baltimore. im trying to set up a date , its hard to get a day off during the week for me and my work schedule since i have to stay overnight in maryland.
Old 12-21-12, 11:55 AM
D&KsLexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me know what they quote you, or if they would be willing to do a multiple purchase discount.
Old 12-21-12, 12:16 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by D&KsLexus
Let me know what they quote you, or if they would be willing to do a multiple purchase discount.
2100 installed for headers excluding new a/f sensors. add another 320 for sensors which is a safe bet because even if you are one of the lucky ones that can have it taken off, they often fail after install. so about 2420 installed for everything.

theyve done like 45 ISF with these headers which is why i want to go with them. im not the first person to go out of state for the headers install. they already know what they are doing and i can drive home with no troubles or CEL lights.

i think im going to purchase the SIkky rear sway bar while im up there as well. hopefully drive home a completely different beast
Old 12-21-12, 05:45 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^ i finally got mine done! Youll love the deep throaty sound and the new found power! GL with your install bro
Old 12-21-12, 07:27 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
^ i finally got mine done! Youll love the deep throaty sound and the new found power! GL with your install bro
thanks ,

i forgot to ask most of you who have headers, is there any torque loss down low and daily driving like most bolt on mods?
Old 12-21-12, 08:05 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

thanks ,

i forgot to ask most of you who have headers, is there any torque loss down low and daily driving like most bolt on mods?
There is no torque loss. Headers on this car make power at nearly every rpm point especially higher up.
Old 12-21-12, 08:47 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

2100 installed for headers excluding new a/f sensors. add another 320 for sensors which is a safe bet because even if you are one of the lucky ones that can have it taken off, they often fail after install. so about 2420 installed for everything.

theyve done like 45 ISF with these headers which is why i want to go with them. im not the first person to go out of state for the headers install. they already know what they are doing and i can drive home with no troubles or CEL lights.

i think im going to purchase the SIkky rear sway bar while im up there as well. hopefully drive home a completely different beast
My reasoning was the same as yours so I drove 900 miles to JE for the install. It's been 1.5 years, no CEL whatsoever with Sikkys. And OMFG, the 900 miles back was fun.
Old 12-21-12, 08:54 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by caymandive
there is no torque loss. Headers on this car make power at nearly every rpm point especially higher up.
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
Old 12-21-12, 09:34 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

It will be completely different with headers and a sway bar. I let JE do mine and my custom nitrous kit. Their the best, you wont have any problems at all. Do it right the first time
Old 12-21-12, 10:29 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Dont do half azzz , u want full power on all the time u got to have full bolts on header/intake/exhaust= Joez FTW

Quick Reply: PPE/Sikky headers on stock exhaust?