IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My recent trip to japan

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-13, 12:32 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know about 325whp.. if it was that low then theres something wrong with your car lol. But I do agree, no way our cars can do 490whp without FI.
Old 01-14-13, 07:29 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by amgone75
with taku san now owning a us spec isf, the tuning process will begin soon. sard and toyota worked together on the ecu tuner. taku san was able to tune his rhd isf in 3 days so ill report back with how the lhd isf is coming along. things to consider.... their high octane is 97 so when he tunes his lhd isf...it will not be the same for my f which is running 91. this is where taku san coming to the states will benifit us US owners. also i put in an order for his headers with no cats... hey you only live once
Amgone,
I like this news about the potential of these headers for the LHD. Based on our PMs you know I am interested. Any idea how much the integrated cat raises the price. I think these combined with my HKS SSM exhaust would sound like nothing else and perform very well. Keep us (or at least me ) posted on the progress.
Old 01-14-13, 11:44 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

Its always great to see that the world is very small for like minded people.
We will be working to bring all Novel parts stateside and I look forward to meeting Taku myself when he comes out.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 01-14-13, 11:50 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Awesome, getting the Tuning Figs i got 5 ISF for you to do instantly
Old 01-15-13, 01:18 AM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

random news....lems just made equal length titanium headers for the F.. i dont want to know the price but look foward to hearing what it sounds like
Old 01-15-13, 01:58 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

random news....lems just made equal length titanium headers for the F.. i dont want to know the price but look foward to hearing what it sounds like
Any company that can design equal length headers for around $2000-3000 is going to make a killing.

Just saying.

Last edited by ISFpat; 01-15-13 at 02:03 AM.
Old 01-15-13, 02:07 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

BTW.. PPE makes Equal Length headers for the 370z.. now lets ask them to make one for our cars!
Old 01-15-13, 04:06 AM
zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Not at all true. Their 97R is no different than our 93 (R+M)/2. Besides, the only way higher octane benefits is if you have higher compression. Since we're not changing the mechanical configuration with new pistons or reducing the combustion chamber sizes, any tune he does with any adequate fuel will have the same impact regardless of whether he's using 93 or 110 octane.

This is a very common misconception.

The only state I would be concerned about is California. Your 91 octane behaves like 89. Just another of the small reasons I left California 6 years ago.
Nothing a dabble of E85 couldn't fix or a water meth injection kit .

Or hells even a 2 galons of C16 per tank of fuel. But yes California is **** when it comes to cars. That's why I bought a bike, took a bad fall and almost killed my self. (3 broken ribs broken collar bone and 2 more fractured ribs) but who cares about that, after all by driving my car with only CARB approved mods I'm going to live longer.... LOL right... Only if some drunk/crack head/soccer mom doesn't run me over on my bike first.

Originally Posted by EGI IS350
now that is what i'm talking about! 490ish at the rear is impressive to say the least. picking up almost 150hp at the tires from headers, exhaust and tune is crazy!

can't wait!!!!!!!!!!
490WHP I call BULL ****. Sorry, to be the one to say it, I don't care what engine you show me but you are not going from a 375 WHP car to 490 on Intake, headers, exhaust and a tune.

You will get 20 WHP removing the cat's /exhaust 15 if you are lucky for headers and 5 (and thats being generous for an intake. A very agressive tune that adds timing/ leans out may net you 20-30 at best.

I estimate fully tricked NA no NAZZ you would see 440-450 WHP on a dynojet if you are lucky..

I'm not hating, i've just been around cars long enough to know bs when I smell it. Still 420-430 WHP is a good amount of WHP and you'll trap some nice 1/4 times with that. Add a 150 shot and now we are talking about finally having fun.

Why can't they just turbo the BRZ ffs.
Old 01-15-13, 06:07 AM
NotnFsport
Instructor

call bs if u want...i was there i saw the graphs for his F. i saw all supporting documents...
Old 01-15-13, 06:24 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by zazzn
Nothing a dabble of E85 couldn't fix or a water meth injection kit .

Or hells even a 2 galons of C16 per tank of fuel. But yes California is **** when it comes to cars. That's why I bought a bike, took a bad fall and almost killed my self. (3 broken ribs broken collar bone and 2 more fractured ribs) but who cares about that, after all by driving my car with only CARB approved mods I'm going to live longer.... LOL right... Only if some drunk/crack head/soccer mom doesn't run me over on my bike first.

490WHP I call BULL ****. Sorry, to be the one to say it, I don't care what engine you show me but you are not going from a 375 WHP car to 490 on Intake, headers, exhaust and a tune.

You will get 20 WHP removing the cat's /exhaust 15 if you are lucky for headers and 5 (and thats being generous for an intake. A very agressive tune that adds timing/ leans out may net you 20-30 at best.

I estimate fully tricked NA no NAZZ you would see 440-450 WHP on a dynojet if you are lucky..

I'm not hating, i've just been around cars long enough to know bs when I smell it. Still 420-430 WHP is a good amount of WHP and you'll trap some nice 1/4 times with that. Add a 150 shot and now we are talking about finally having fun.

Why can't they just turbo the BRZ ffs.
i can give two ***** about the exact rwhp figures. even if it's around the 440-450 range i'm happy with that and the ability to have a tune. i'm more concerned with the abititly of FI in the future!

Last edited by BS ISF; 01-15-13 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-24-13, 10:54 PM
fastsihb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Novel headers look and sound amazing! And, the prospect of Taku San cracking The Da Vinci Code that is the US IS-F ECM certainly is intriguing. Current product pricing likely is unreasonable for most US IS-F owners (myself included). Nonetheless...I'M SUBSCRIBED!
Old 01-25-13, 07:29 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
You bought $6500 headers????? You must REALLY love your IS F. I wouldn't buy any mod for this car over $5000...LOL

EDIT: I wouldn't buy any mod for this car over $3000...LOL
My mods cost my roughly 2K.........
Old 01-25-13, 07:34 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with headers and exhaust he dynoed 490 ish wheel horsepower from the tune
Those numbers seem quite far fetch from just a tune, intake, exhaust and headers.
Old 01-25-13, 11:34 AM
NotnFsport
Instructor

proof is in the pudding and once taku san gets down to the tune for the lhd isf...numbers will be posted. i was skeptical also but from seeing all his data logs and charts....he tuned to 490 ish hp. during testing and tuning your always gonna break something.... during his initial testing...he pushed the engine to its limit. he got 550 hp but the connecting rod went through the block due to him increasing the rpms too high. new engine bought and he knows not to do that again..lol
Old 01-25-13, 11:39 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

yeah he is up dating in the log , we dont need to go up to 490rwhp but 450rwhp to 470 is good enough for ours US ISF

Quick Reply: My recent trip to japan