IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Moisure problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-13, 02:55 PM
farpetrad
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moisure problem

So not sure where its leaking from but everyday there is a crazy amount of moisture on the insides of my windows especially the rear window. I've made sure my windows and sun roof are always closed at night and during the day. In the afternoon, once its not freezing out anymore here, I can go to my car and it looks like all the windows are fogged up, feel the back dash and it feels slightly moist. I brought this to the attention of my service advisor when I brought the car in for its 1k mile check up after purchase and from the service report it says no problem found. So not really sure where else to go and have this looked at since the dealership found nothing wrong they can't even be bothered to return my phone calls, left a voicemail at 8am today and another at 4pm and no calls, when I called back right at 5 and talked to the first person available in service they told me they wouldn't even be able to look at the car till next week, so anyone have any ideas on how to test each window and how best to remove all this excessive moisture from inside the car?
Old 01-04-13, 06:30 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like the AC is not working or your recirculation vent is locked. Have it checked at the dealer.
Old 01-07-13, 11:29 AM
farpetrad
Pole Position

Well I let the car sit with a few containers of kitty litter over the weekend which removed most of the moisture but the mildew smell persists, even through spraying febreeze. So took the car to the dealer this morning and they are going to tare down the doors and check all the window seals. Hopefully they don't have it too long, gave me a brand new GS 350 as a loaner, nice car but not my F.
Old 01-07-13, 12:11 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

You may also want to have the Sunroof drainage system checked... As well as the spare tire compartment...

Good Luck

~ Joe Z
Old 01-07-13, 02:46 PM
farpetrad
Pole Position

So just picked the car up, dealership couldn't find a leak. They said they took the doors apart and checked the window seals all were fine, checked the drainage system of the sunroof and it was fine, checked the trunk and rear window no leak, checked under the A frame and B pillars and were unable to find any leak. They told me to take plenty of pictures next time and to bring it right back when/if it happens again. They did shampoo and wash the interior and dried it to take care of the mildew problem. Not really happy or sure what to do, car just hit 6k miles today.
Old 01-07-13, 05:48 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow that sucks! I hope you get it figured out and taken care of.
Old 01-07-13, 07:35 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

That is BS. I would show the dealer and tell them to fix it. Especially if you have the evidence right there with condensation all over the windows. I mean what else do you need to show them? Give me a break..
Old 01-07-13, 09:33 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

water spilled in my trunk (don't ask). i used a water vac to get all the water out. that night and there after my windows fogged like crazy. i went to home depot and bought Damp Rid, 2 small containers. placed one behind driver seat and the other behind passenger seat every time i was in for the night or day. after 1 week the foggy windows were no more and no mildew smell. it's been 2 months and my windows are fine and no smell. that stuff works. read the instructions and you should be fine.
Old 01-17-13, 05:49 AM
farpetrad
Pole Position

Sigh, so after it raining here for the last week there is again a lot of moisture in the car.... This morning I went to get some things out of my trunk that I have had in there since last weekend when there was no rain. Open it up and everything in there was soaking wet, the trunk carpet mat soaking wet, underneath it soaking wet. I called the dealership and they said we found no problems blah blah blah, so I called Lexus Corporate. I am so frustrated that after several attempted repairs they have not found the problem of where the leaks are coming from, so now I want to know is this car considered a lemon, and can I enact the lemon law to get my money back, as after all these failed attempts at fixing I have lost all faith in Lexus and even though I love my F I am not happy and would rather have something that does not leak.

[Edit]
Car was purchased October 6th 2012, has 6533 miles on it.
Old 01-17-13, 06:15 AM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by farpetrad
Sigh, so after it raining here for the last week there is again a lot of moisture in the car.... This morning I went to get some things out of my trunk that I have had in there since last weekend when there was no rain. Open it up and everything in there was soaking wet, the trunk carpet mat soaking wet, underneath it soaking wet. I called the dealership and they said we found no problems blah blah blah, so I called Lexus Corporate. I am so frustrated that after several attempted repairs they have not found the problem of where the leaks are coming from, so now I want to know is this car considered a lemon, and can I enact the lemon law to get my money back, as after all these failed attempts at fixing I have lost all faith in Lexus and even though I love my F I am not happy and would rather have something that does not leak.

[Edit]
Sorry that happened to you while everybody here having fun with the f , hopefully everything OK.
Good luck !
Old 01-17-13, 06:29 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think lemon laws vary by state so you might want to look at what your home state says

sorry you have these issues, first time i heard of something like this too

trade me you diff first
Old 01-17-13, 07:57 AM
caveman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here's a link to Georgia's lemon requirements. i'd read up and get very familiar on the steps required to start a lemon process.

http://consumer.georgia.gov/consumer...epair-attempts

it looks like in this state, one of the requirements is vehicle has been in the shop for at least 30 days total [can be multiple visits] for the same repair. if you're not quite there yet, i'd just keep taking the car back and requesting that they fix it. also make sure you have everything documented clearly on the work orders so there is a very clear paper trail. once you hit the lemon "trigger", let the process begin.
Old 01-17-13, 08:15 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why dont you try another dealership? Also take pictures and videos so you have proof that its happening.
Old 01-17-13, 08:44 AM
Boma
Lead Lap

This is definitely a unique situation! I agree with taking it to a different dealership or a local shop before anything else to get a different opinion. I would go as far to say that the problem is with your dealership! They should be obligated to fix this problem instead of shrugging their shoulders and not doing a thing. If you don't have another dealership nearby, your best bet is Lexus corporate and explain your situation with your original dealership. Good luck..
Old 01-17-13, 09:23 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Clearly there is something wrong here.....!!!!!

Could still be with the drainage system that collects the water...
If something is dumping into the trunk, one of the hoses may have gotten dis-connected or clogged
(Yes there are hoses that drains water)

or

There is a leak at the back window glass somewhere..!!!

Bring it to them again with the soaking WET trunk evedince.... After they get a senior tech (ask for one) to locate and repair the problemm...

Be sure to have them REPLACE all the wet OEM parts that are now considered "water damaged"....

You may even need to ask for and sit down with the "Service Manager" since this is now considered a recurring problem that the dealership has not been able to fix for you...

Lexus Corp. will tell you to bring it back to dealership(s) for repair work.. to be completed.

Good Luck

~ Joe Z

Originally Posted by farpetrad

[Edit]

Quick Reply: Moisure problem