IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF Mega Meet - Saturday April 27, 2013 in Dover, DE

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-13, 08:44 PM
Franch1se
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a maybe. A bit far, distance and time frame wise but I'll try to swing it.
Old 01-06-13, 08:45 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Just F Me
Gold Rush Rally is full of people who have more money than brains
I wish I had more money than brains..I need a raise!
Gold Rush is the cheapest one..bull run is 40k..
maybe we can get Lexus to sponsor us..
Old 01-06-13, 08:48 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

vj put me down for dover. I already told you I was prepping my car for Dover.
I helped suggest this north/south meet and I get no credit.
Old 01-06-13, 10:23 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lexsane
I wish I had more money than brains..I need a raise!
I'd take money over brains too...at least until I'm as dumb as the cast of Jersey Shore. Gotta draw the line somewhere
Old 01-07-13, 06:17 AM
FnFast
Driver School Candidate

Count me in. Looking forward to a substantial caravan down. I'm in South Jersey and can recommend several meet-up points off Route 295 before Delaware or just over the border for those of you coming my way or in the area.

'08 SGM (Jim)
Old 01-07-13, 07:17 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lexsane
vj put me down for dover. I already told you I was prepping my car for Dover.
I helped suggest this north/south meet and I get no credit.
Agreed, I gave you credit in the orig post

Originally Posted by FnFast
Count me in. Looking forward to a substantial caravan down. I'm in South Jersey and can recommend several meet-up points off Route 295 before Delaware or just over the border for those of you coming my way or in the area.

'08 SGM (Jim)
Nice, finally some interest from the Northern members. The majority of those confirmed are in the VA/MD/DC area. Need more interest from the North!

I am down for a West meets East ISF meet in Kansas... but keep discussions relevant towards the Northeast meet. Blitz please start a new thread, let's shatter some records!

Last edited by VtotheJ; 01-07-13 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-07-13, 08:23 AM
Murajitul
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VJ!!

its so good to hear this great news!! count me in!! I have been busy fixing my car and work but 4/27 sounds great for me~

I will go down with you so lets make caravan down...maybe lexsane will come with us? and we can arrange to meet with FnFast somewhere south of NJ.

This is great and I excited that you, Lexsane and Vbb made this come true!! keep us posted~~

JS
Old 01-07-13, 08:51 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Murajitul
VJ!!

its so good to hear this great news!! count me in!! I have been busy fixing my car and work but 4/27 sounds great for me~

I will go down with you so lets make caravan down...maybe lexsane will come with us? and we can arrange to meet with FnFast somewhere south of NJ.

This is great and I excited that you, Lexsane and Vbb made this come true!! keep us posted~~

JS
Good to hear from you JS!! I hope the F is doing well. I think by Feb we will have a better idea of caravan locations and I will post them up for everyone in the orig. post

I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of interest so far. This will be huge.

Last edited by VtotheJ; 01-07-13 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-07-13, 12:33 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

I like the way this is shaping up so far. Of course we'll have last minute drop outs and last minute additions, but to generate this much interest is promising.

For those talking about how far out it is... we did it like this specifically to facilitate planning. I don't know about you guys, but I actually have some work related items on my calendar as far out as Dec 2013, and even a couple in to 2014. I am treating this like a work trip or family vacation in that if I put it on my calendar now, I'll be sure not to "double-book" myself for later.
Old 01-07-13, 01:22 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

To those doubting attendance due to distance.. 3 to 4 hours of driving may seem like a drag but when rolling out in a caravan it should go by a lot faster than it really is. Also it's not everyday that we have an opportunity to see several ISFs in one central place so why not give it a chance!

Also to the 757 F owners.. may I suggest the Wawa on Shore Drive as a meeting area? There's gas and food all in one spot, and it is pretty close to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. Seems like the logical choice!
Old 01-07-13, 02:00 PM
fasttexasz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boma
To those doubting attendance due to distance.. 3 to 4 hours of driving may seem like a drag but when rolling out in a caravan it should go by a lot faster than it really is. Also it's not everyday that we have an opportunity to see several ISFs in one central place so why not give it a chance!

Also to the 757 F owners.. may I suggest the Wawa on Shore Drive as a meeting area? There's gas and food all in one spot, and it is pretty close to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. Seems like the logical choice!
So we will eat before we roll out this time? Sounds good to me!!!
Old 01-07-13, 03:03 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Boma

Originally Posted by fasttexasz
So we will eat before we roll out this time? Sounds good to me!!!
Agreed. That sounds good. There's also a Wawa on Northampton Blvd which is not far from the entrance to the Bay Bridge Tunnel. Either/or would be fine. I think the one on Shore is about a mile closer to the entrance to the bridge, but the one on Northampton is right off of I-64 which is probably the way most of us will get down there.

Chip is right though, grabbing some food and drinks for the trip wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old 01-07-13, 07:54 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

I updated the orig post with possible caravan locations. Depending on discussions I will update accordingly.
Old 01-07-13, 08:10 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Vijay.....put me down as a maybe...I'm up for a weekend from the north...

Digger08
Old 01-07-13, 08:50 PM
FnFast
Driver School Candidate

For those in the New Jersey or Pennsylvania areas or anyone traveling south from NY, I would recommend a meet-up location right off the NJ Turnpike between Exits 4 and 3 (Southbound). It's called the Walt Whitman Service Area and the trip to Dover Downs from here is only about 1 1/2 hours. Here is some additional info about the rest stop ...

Milepost: 30.2, between Interchanges 3 and 4, Cherry Hill Township, Camden County
Coordinates: Lat: 39°53'9.72"N, Long: 75° 0'7.17"W

Services available:
•Carvel
•Cinnabon
•Nathan's
•Roy Rogers
•Travel Mart
•Sunoco Service Station
•Lottery ticket sales
•ATM
•Restrooms, including a family assistance restroom

Quick Reply: ISF Mega Meet - Saturday April 27, 2013 in Dover, DE