Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

My setup in my garage

Old 01-20-13, 06:28 AM
lilcop17
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not going to lie, i rather sit in a dunkin donuts parking lot watching people slow down because they think im actually paying attention to them but instead im looking at your guyses set ups lol
Old 01-20-13, 11:55 AM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blitz_714
This thread should changed to "where do ISF owners watch **** on the web" as we can very clearly see it here
the bigger the screens the bigger the
Old 01-20-13, 03:07 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

some nice set ups in here. off topic, anyone have links to a good prebuilt computer that can handle two/three screen set ups? i need a new desktop.
Old 01-21-13, 12:06 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
some nice set ups in here. off topic, anyone have links to a good prebuilt computer that can handle two/three screen set ups? i need a new desktop.
You just need to buy a computer with multiple video out. A lot of off the shelf computers now offer at least 2 screens. Though sometimes, the off the shelf computer may have a DVI out, and then an HDMI out...problem is now if you're like me, and want two matching monitors, you need to find a screen that supports HDMI. Not all cheaper screens support HDMI.
Old 01-21-13, 12:38 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2ndGF
the bigger the screens the bigger the
You look at mermaids?
Old 01-21-13, 12:43 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Just F Me
You just need to buy a computer with multiple video out. A lot of off the shelf computers now offer at least 2 screens. Though sometimes, the off the shelf computer may have a DVI out, and then an HDMI out...problem is now if you're like me, and want two matching monitors, you need to find a screen that supports HDMI. Not all cheaper screens support HDMI.
ah ok, so get a computer that has two hdmi outs i the back for two screens. perfect, thanks man.hopefully i can update this thread soon
Old 01-21-13, 12:45 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

No not really, best bet u go to Fry's. Build your own pc, many slot as u want. just like u mods the car lolz. pick which u like best lolz.
Old 01-21-13, 12:56 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought an XPS 8300 a while ago and it takes on multiple screens quite nicely..
Old 01-21-13, 01:08 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

so like ISFpats, computer, it has one dvi and one hdmi. i find two hdmi supported screens, i hook one up to dvi and the other one to the hdmi, and i will have two screens working in conjunction on that desktop?

Originally Posted by blitz_714
No not really, best bet u go to Fry's. Build your own pc, many slot as u want. just like u mods the car lolz. pick which u like best lolz.
im too scared to get into another hobby, lol.
Old 01-21-13, 07:55 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

so like ISFpats, computer, it has one dvi and one hdmi. i find two hdmi supported screens, i hook one up to dvi and the other one to the hdmi, and i will have two screens working in conjunction on that desktop?

im too scared to get into another hobby, lol.
If you can get two HDMI-in monitors then that works too...they also have conversion plugs and things that make it go from HDMI to DVI and vice versa.

How much are you willing to spend on a new computer? Some people say they only wanna spend 300-600, your best bet is to look for an off-the-shelf computer that fits those needs. I think some of those cheaper computers even still have multiple video out.

Look...even a piece of garbage HP supports multiple displays
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pav...&skuId=6835576

If you wanted to build a powerful computer....to be honest, not really another hobby. You build it, and it's done. You don't have to go all out. It'll cost you maybe $800-1500. And you'll have a good setup, it's not a hardcore gamer setup, but who needs that crap when all you're doing is posting on ClubLexus and looking at ?

Intel i7, 16GB RAM, SSD hard drive + standard hard drives (cheaper storage, or you can go RAID if you have a lot of movies and music. RAID protects from data loss during a hard drive failure)...and you can get a $50 video card that supports multiple displays.

BTW, once you use multiple displays, you'll never want to go back, no matter how big the screen is....
Old 01-21-13, 10:07 AM
dwin888
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can buy the AMD Eyefinity 7970
Old 01-21-13, 04:14 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

If you can get two HDMI-in monitors then that works too...they also have conversion plugs and things that make it go from HDMI to DVI and vice versa.

How much are you willing to spend on a new computer? Some people say they only wanna spend 300-600, your best bet is to look for an off-the-shelf computer that fits those needs. I think some of those cheaper computers even still have multiple video out.

Look...even a piece of garbage HP supports multiple displays
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pav...&skuId=6835576

If you wanted to build a powerful computer....to be honest, not really another hobby. You build it, and it's done. You don't have to go all out. It'll cost you maybe $800-1500. And you'll have a good setup, it's not a hardcore gamer setup, but who needs that crap when all you're doing is posting on ClubLexus and looking at ?

Intel i7, 16GB RAM, SSD hard drive + standard hard drives (cheaper storage, or you can go RAID if you have a lot of movies and music. RAID protects from data loss during a hard drive failure)...and you can get a $50 video card that supports multiple displays.

BTW, once you use multiple displays, you'll never want to go back, no matter how big the screen is....
ah, thanks bro for the advice. that piece of garbage desktop you posted is about three times better than what i have right now. lol My laptop that i use is core i5 and does exactly what i need for work so i fell off with computer gadgets. i have an account with dell so i'll prob just custom build one through them, i know they hike up the price VS me building one at home but i'll prob just finance it and pay it off in half a year. yeah i got to get the multiple screens, looks sick and prob will help with work.,
Old 01-21-13, 09:07 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I just use my iPhone most of the time or my MacBook Pro when I am at home. No desk, just use it on the bed lol.
Old 01-21-13, 10:08 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

ah, thanks bro for the advice. that piece of garbage desktop you posted is about three times better than what i have right now. lol My laptop that i use is core i5 and does exactly what i need for work so i fell off with computer gadgets. i have an account with dell so i'll prob just custom build one through them, i know they hike up the price VS me building one at home but i'll prob just finance it and pay it off in half a year. yeah i got to get the multiple screens, looks sick and prob will help with work.,
The American way! Woot...yes...go buy a Dell! I need that stock to go up!

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
I just use my iPhone most of the time or my MacBook Pro when I am at home. No desk, just use it on the bed lol.
I hate using a laptop on my lap.... I hate using a laptop period

Quick Reply: Where do IS F owners surf the web?