IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Dipstick leaking at engine block

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-13, 04:50 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Dipstick leaking at engine block

I installed Sikky headers about six months ago to find out that there is a very slow leak. hus, I called Sikky and they helped me very quickly and sent out a new oring im hoping will be the fix. Those of you who have personally installed their headers how difficult once I drain the oil is it to actually remove the dipstick tube form the block and replace the o-ring; or anyone whohs any knowledge for this task. Anyone else experiance such problems. Input is grealy valued .
Old 01-18-13, 08:57 AM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

from seeing my friend install two sets of sikky headers...the dip stick is a pain in the a**. one of the F's was also leaking oil from the same spot you mentioned. my friend would have the top lined up where the bolt and bracket is but the bottom end was off. alot of bending and tweaking had to be done to get it to fit correctly. now with you already having the dip stick installed...it shouldnt be too hard to remove and replace the oring but the reason i believe it is leaking is because the dip stick is not bent correctly..if that makes sense. good luck and let us know if you had success.
Old 01-18-13, 09:10 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea what David said. I had a leak due to the dipstick o-ring as well. The mechanic installed the oem o-ring no problem. The sikky dipstick is a pain to install and is not bent properly especially where the o-ring meets the dipstick.
Old 01-18-13, 09:34 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by amgone75
from seeing my friend install two sets of sikky headers...the dip stick is a pain in the a**. one of the F's was also leaking oil from the same spot you mentioned. my friend would have the top lined up where the bolt and bracket is but the bottom end was off. alot of bending and tweaking had to be done to get it to fit correctly. now with you already having the dip stick installed...it shouldnt be too hard to remove and replace the oring but the reason i believe it is leaking is because the dip stick is not bent correctly..if that makes sense. good luck and let us know if you had success.
Yup, what we had to do was changed the o ring and put more lube, adjust the dipstick or bend a bit. lift up the car more room to access. To double check if is not leaking is turn on the car and lift it up take out your underneat plastic cover to see . That how you can be sure if there is no more leaking . Also u might want to clean out those cover plastic since it leaked. I didnt use Sikky dipstick just modified the oem dipstick for best result. Hope that help
Old 01-18-13, 10:07 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

^^ My mechanic also used an OEM dipstick and OEM o-ring after seeing the leak...
Old 01-18-13, 10:30 AM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, what a true PITA. Had I known Sikky had dipstick issues, I would have went with PPE instead.
Old 01-18-13, 01:03 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Wow..I wish I would have known this prior...Geez well we will see I see how dsI can solve this issue..
Old 01-18-13, 02:54 PM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthFF
I installed Sikky headers about six months ago to find out that there is a very slow leak. hus, I called Sikky and they helped me very quickly and sent out a new oring im hoping will be the fix. Those of you who have personally installed their headers how difficult once I drain the oil is it to actually remove the dipstick tube form the block and replace the o-ring; or anyone whohs any knowledge for this task. Anyone else experiance such problems. Input is grealy valued .

Hey StealthFF,

I was reading through your thread and I just wanted to drop in and give you some advice for this dipstick tube. Usually if you are having leaking issues its because the o-ring isn't seating properly. You'll have to be very careful when installing it so it doesn't pop out of the groove. Putting some lube on it definitely helps too, that reduces the resistance. We've changed our manufacturing process of the o-ring groove to help minimize the o-ring popping out but it does still happen sometimes. Feel free to give us a ring, 410-780-0009, if you encounter any issues and we'll be glad to help you out. Thanks!

-Justin
Sikky MFG
Old 01-19-13, 07:52 AM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Yo shaun, if you need some help with the work lmk. I can tell cam to help you out. I went with them oem dipstick for the same reason that it wasnt bent right. Lmk if you need help homie
Old 01-20-13, 10:44 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

so it is better to reuse oem dipstick?
Old 01-20-13, 11:49 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

I dont know if Sikky up date the dipstick yet, but a year ago i was using my oem . We had a huge group buy here.
Old 01-22-13, 08:09 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

hanks for the input Sikky and guys...yeah I will definately hit you up Elmer once I finish this automation job at work andget back in twon I want to come see your beast anyway!! thanks for the offer of assistance!
Old 01-22-13, 10:00 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

I don't know what updates Sikky did for their dipstick/o-ring, but the OEM dipstick and o-ring does work to solve the problem. You have to bend it yourself to get it to fit, but it works. Good luck!
Old 04-15-20, 05:04 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Any pics of oil leak

I have my car at rr racing at the moment crazy oil leak as of now we don’t know where it’s coming from and I know this thread is crazy old . I also think it’s the o ring just wanted to ask if anyone had pics of there actually leak
Old 04-15-20, 05:08 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Leaks somewhere near the left rear passenger side of the engine near dip stick area

Leaks somewhere near the left rear passenger side of the engine near dip stick area

Quick Reply: Dipstick leaking at engine block