Drive belt DIY?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-20, 11:32 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^I'm the one that compiled that chart years ago. Crawled under a bunch of cars at the dealers with a micrometer. Dealers thought I was...
Lou
Thanks for the hard work Lou..
Old 05-11-20, 07:31 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,962 Likes on 2,400 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Thanks for the hard work Lou..
+1. Thanks Lou!!!!
Old 05-12-20, 11:58 AM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks @FNSSESPORT

How would I cross reference the SuperPro bushing part # for the OEM sizes.. ? I don't see them listed on the SuperPro USA site.
I havent had much luck trying to xref on the SuperPro site. I sent them an email for the rear bushing size, but havent heard back yet. Will definitely update when I do.

Also if no one asked, where did you find the used TRD parts ??

Joe Z
Ive always got an eye on bidjdm. If you go to advance search and search “Lexus TRD” and select “used items”, thats usually where the parts show up. Theres a set of the CCS-P coilovers for sale right now I believe - unfortunately they dont come with the swag bars (mine did)
The following users liked this post:
Joe Z (05-12-20)
Old 05-12-20, 11:59 AM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

^^^^I'm the one that compiled that chart years ago. Crawled under a bunch of cars at the dealers with a micrometer. Dealers thought I was
Lou
+2 Thanks! I really hope your wore a white lab coat while doing it, you know, for kicks.
Old 05-12-20, 12:39 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Question

Originally Posted by FNSSESPORT
I havent had much luck trying to xref on the SuperPro site. I sent them an email for the rear bushing size, but havent heard back yet. Will definitely update when I do.

Ive always got an eye on bidjdm. If you go to advance search and search “Lexus TRD” and select “used items”, thats usually where the parts show up. Theres a set of the CCS-P coilovers for sale right now I believe - unfortunately they dont come with the swag bars (mine did)
How did you order, or nail down the front sway bar bushings part #?? @FNSSESPORT

Thanks for the other info !!

Joe Z
xdejablu3x (05-13-20)
Old 05-13-20, 06:41 AM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

How did you order, or nail down the front sway bar bushings part #?? @FNSSESPORT

Thanks for the other info !!

Joe Z
I either called or emailed them, but I cant exactly remember (I purchased them last year, but hust got around to installing).
Anytime!
Old 05-13-20, 12:54 PM
LILEVO
Advanced

Received 225 Likes on 111 Posts

If anyone is S/C and wondering how to easily change the serp belt I have a short video explaining it that I can dig up.
Old 05-16-20, 05:11 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by FNSSESPORT
I either called or emailed them, but I cant exactly remember (I purchased them last year, but hust got around to installing).
Anytime!
@FNSSESPORT

Was doing some more research today and it sounds like its SuperPro #:

Front = SPF3584 - xxK - The xx represents the MM size you are looking for in the Front..

Rear = SPF3494 - xxK - The xx represents the MM size you are looking for in the Rear..

More to come as I still make decisions.

Joe Z
Old 05-16-20, 05:25 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Question

^^^^I'm the one that compiled that chart years ago. Crawled under a bunch of cars at the dealers with a micrometer. Dealers thought I was..

Lou
@lowrider @lobuxracer Thanks to @redspencer just found out that the IS C -> F Sport Sway Bar Kit are specific for that Model..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...l#post10804488

ISC Front = PTR02-53100F (30mm)
ISC Rear = PTR02-53100R (19mm)

To my surprise it also has a rear properly bent sway bar design.. Thoughts of these working on the IS F ??

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 05-16-20 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-16-20, 06:21 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,897 Likes on 1,338 Posts

^^^^Don't know this for sure, but something tells me that any bends and adding length to an anti-sway bar would lessen it's effectiveness. I'm one of the folks who put the straight F-Sport sway bar on my ISF and found it to be effective It has been my understanding that the bends in the stock ISF sway bar were for other markets that used a different trunk floor pan for applications that housed a spare tire and wheel. At the time I installed my bar, one of the reasons I did it was because of it's shape.

Lou
lobuxracer (05-16-20)
Old 05-16-20, 08:38 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Not sure about bends being better or worse, but for sure they'll be different than a straight bar of the same diameter.
Old 05-16-20, 10:22 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

^^^^Don't know this for sure, but something tells me that any bends and adding length to an anti-sway bar would lessen it's effectiveness. I'm one of the folks who put the straight F-Sport sway bar on my ISF and found it to be effective It has been my understanding that the bends in the stock ISF sway bar were for other markets that used a different trunk floor pan for applications that housed a spare tire and wheel. At the time I installed my bar, one of the reasons I did it was because of it's shape.

Lou
@flowrider
From what I know , ALL the IS sway bars have the bends in the OEM setup... Till this day there is no telling why when Hotchkis was commissioned to make the F Sport Sway bars they opted for a straight linear design in the Rear for the RWD models. It was either their in house engineers or the guys that used to sit over the TRD USA round table..

This proved to be problematic later on for different markets that have FULL Size spare tire compartments.

@lobuxracer
When TRD Japan made the IS F CCSP sway bar kits, they kept the same 17 mm rear design & lay out for the rears. And as mentioned a smaller 24 mm bar up front.

Whats your take on the IS C bars fitting the IS F ??
It appears the F Sport bars for IS C also don't have the bracket attachment on the pas side.

IS C Front = PTR02-53100F (30mm)
IS C Rear = PTR02-53100R (19mm)

@Jeff Lange Any input on the above if you have ever seen or worked on the IS C : F Sport sway bars...

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 05-17-20 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-17-20, 07:08 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Bigger diameter is stiffer. Shorter overall length is stiffer. Stiffer reduces the independence of the wheels and can create as many problems as it solves. It's the last place I look for help with suspension tuning. My first focus is spring and damping rates. That's where you get the most for the least effort.
Old 08-10-20, 02:37 PM
Slowlane
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Great Thread...!!

I coincidentally changed my drive belt, engine air filter and engine oil last night @69k miles...

Easiest drive belt I have ever done..!!

From the top I removed the plastic covers, intake and half of air box..
Other half of box on car got vacuumed out, before new filter was installed..
I did not touch or move the coolant reservoir.

I used a short socket wrench with a 14" socket.. Pushing downwards on the tensioner nut, easily released the pressure and the belt came off quickly.. New belt went on just as easy as the old one came off.

I also inspected the Water Pump & Tensioner pulleys, they looked and spun normally.

Regards,

Joe Z

Changed my belt from the top, yes it was a very easy installation. Squeal is now gone.
Old 09-03-20, 08:23 AM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Does anyone know if the "No .2" below is the idler pulley?
Does anyone know what the ft lb of torque is for the idler pulley?

Originally Posted by digger08

Routing diagram

Quick Reply: Drive belt DIY?