IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Mr.Slay's Teaser Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-13, 05:21 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck CJ!! This build is insane!! I love it.
Old 02-10-13, 06:34 AM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Amazing, can't wait to see learnings and progress here!!!
Old 02-10-13, 03:47 PM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

If you build it they will come! Sick
Old 02-11-13, 03:10 PM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice !

Cj are the main caps on the engine splayed ? i could not tell by the picture . Or do they have a side bolt from the outside of the block like Audi uses on their 2.0L ?

What are your plans for the Variable Valve timing mechanism , do you plan on using it or removing it ( if possible ) ?

Keep us updated.
Old 02-11-13, 04:04 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by M3ONJUICE
Nice !

Cj are the main caps on the engine splayed ? i could not tell by the picture . Or do they have a side bolt from the outside of the block like Audi uses on their 2.0L ?

What are your plans for the Variable Valve timing mechanism , do you plan on using it or removing it ( if possible ) ?

Keep us updated.
Ill send you a PM. Dont plan on releasing too much info about the motor specs until its done.
Old 02-12-13, 09:50 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Slay, siaa, but what is your expected time frame for all this? Btw, gl to you! Really looking forward to this!
Old 02-12-13, 10:30 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by melbitoast
Slay, siaa, but what is your expected time frame for all this? Btw, gl to you! Really looking forward to this!
The plan is to have the car ready for Tx2K this time next year.
Old 02-12-13, 12:33 PM
madastep
Pole Position

Sadly, that's one reason why it takes a while for multiple cars to get up there, because everyone who does this kind of stuff is secretive. That being said, everyone understands too. heh (or at least they should understand why)

You ever find your time slip?
Old 02-12-13, 01:07 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

I dont understand why slay does not put out more info honestly. Who cares if everyone else knows how the engines built or what it can or can not take. I dont get the point of being so secretive about it. Hes going to build a insane car why not help the community out and share more info. Just how I see things...
Old 02-14-13, 07:19 AM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zapa
I dont understand why slay does not put out more info honestly. Who cares if everyone else knows how the engines built or what it can or can not take. I dont get the point of being so secretive about it. Hes going to build a insane car why not help the community out and share more info. Just how I see things...

tell that to Bill Gates , Rockefeller, and Warren Buffett. When you are trying to be the best at something you don't putt all your eggs in one basket , and you sure *** hell show all your cards. This is his build he is free to disclose what he wants.You should be more greatefull that he is taking this big leap.We all know its going to be BIG $$$ when you are the first one to try something. Why don't you go out and R&D for the community ?

Thats just how i see it .....
Old 02-14-13, 07:31 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

tell that to Bill Gates , Rockefeller, and Warren Buffett. When you are trying to be the best at something you don't putt all your eggs in one basket , and you sure *** hell show all your cards. This is his build he is free to disclose what he wants.You should be more greatefull that he is taking this big leap.We all know its going to be BIG $$$ when you are the first one to try something. Why don't you go out and R&D for the community ?

I think you took that the wrong way man. I am not saying I am not excited about the project or that someone is doing it. As you can see from my previous post I 100% am. I dont think slay is going to try and make money off of this so you cant really compare it to any of the men you listed above. I was just saying that I dont understand the point of not sharing info that could help some people. Im not being particular to slay (people all over in the car community do it) I just don't understand the concept of not sharing info when sharing it is not really going to give you an advantage in some way.
Old 02-14-13, 09:24 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Wow zapa your definitely not a business man. If your investing the time, r&d and cash you have every right to do how you please. Shop and owner so relax on that. This is a year + build.
Old 02-14-13, 09:31 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by madastep
Sadly, that's one reason why it takes a while for multiple cars to get up there, because everyone who does this kind of stuff is secretive. That being said, everyone understands too. heh (or at least they should understand why)

You ever find your time slip?
Nope. Its been driving me crazy too.

Originally Posted by zapa
Ill explain the method to my madness.

1. The main reason is business. You have to understand that im putting enough money into the development of this car to require some sort of protection on my investment. There is a strong possibility that I will be making a 600-750whp kit for the community before my big power build comes to life. I could just put all of my info out there, but that honestly does me no good.

2. I have not once denied help to anyone on this forum, so keep in mind that im not denying any help by keeping my cards close until I have a proven system. I would love to explain all of my ideas to the community, but the fact is that nothing is proven yet. All you have to do is remember the hype that Elite brought to the picture only to disappear months later. Maybe its just my personality, but im not the type of person to ramble and boast about what I cannot produce. Ill be keeping the community updated as progress is made.

This...
Old 02-14-13, 10:17 AM
Boma
Lead Lap

I say let Slay do the work and he will update at his leisure. We aren't giving him anything but our attention so let's just sit back and relax. He's already doing us a favor by giving us updates when he can. He could have kept everything to himself for all we care and not even know about the project to begin with. I know the majority of us are all anxious to learn more about the build but the man has a plan, let him take the F where no F has gone before!
Old 02-14-13, 03:37 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Nope. Its been driving me crazy too.

Ill explain the method to my madness.

1. The main reason is business. You have to understand that im putting enough money into the development of this car to require some sort of protection on my investment. There is a strong possibility that I will be making a 600-750whp kit for the community before my big power build comes to life. I could just put all of my info out there, but that honestly does me no good.

2. I have not once denied help to anyone on this forum, so keep in mind that im not denying any help by keeping my cards close until I have a proven system. I would love to explain all of my ideas to the community, but the fact is that nothing is proven yet. All you have to do is remember the hype that Elite brought to the picture only to disappear months later. Maybe its just my personality, but im not the type of person to ramble and boast about what I cannot produce. Ill be keeping the community updated as progress is made.

This...
I completely understand now that I know you are going this for commercial reasons. I thought you were just doing this a a super fun toy. A one off kind of thing. But im glad to see that you have the rest of the community in your mind also. I cant wait to see what you come up with man! Good luck!

Quick Reply: Mr.Slay's Teaser Thread