IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Check system light

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-13, 12:19 PM
OSUBaller
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check system light

First time poster in this Forum; hi everyone.

Due to the great efficacy of this thread, I was able to reset the "Oil Maintenance" nag light that kept popping up even though I'm now due for another oil change for another 1200 miles on my 2008 ISF.

However, while fumbling around for the right buttons to push/hold down, I think I may have touched/pushed/adjusted the buttons relating to the Tire Pressure Maintenance System.

Therefore, I now have a constant "CHECK SYSTEM" indicator on the dash, as well as a constant yellow light on the lower right indicator.

I've been unable to find a thread in this forum to address/reset this issue. Please advise.

Thanks!

Nevermind! Simply reset the TPMS to "Main", and that solved the trick!

Last edited by OSUBaller; 02-08-13 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Self solved
Old 02-09-13, 01:10 PM
MicaISF
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

many different reasons to have check engine light on. the VSD light usually comes on along with check engine and does not necessary represent a true malfunction of VSD although it is probably disabled temporarily.
the most common reasons for check engine alert include disconnection of air filter system, loose gas cap or water splashed on to certain electrical circuit.
The easiest fix is to disconnect and reconnect your battery which will reset the warning light. check your air filter hoses and gas cap to make sure they did not come loose. using gasoline less than 91 octane may also cause check engine light. if the light came back on after you have reset and ruled out the above problems, then it's time to have a professional run a code check.

good luck.