IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Got my first WARNING for 60 in a 40!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-13, 07:22 AM
quarius
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah happened to me, was 55 in a 35. Thought for sure I was going to get a ticket, but he said that since I haven't had the car for too long (only a month at that time) that he let me off. Cop also said same thing "Nice car, just keep it a bit slower"
Old 08-15-13, 08:17 AM
farpetrad
Pole Position

Ugh got pulled over passing a jerk who was driving below speed limit and cop wrote me up for 66 in a 45. Should I fight it and get a traffic lawyer?
Old 08-16-13, 08:07 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had two tickets within 3 months after getting the F. Both officers were more interested in discussing the car than the ticketing. Both gave me no point tickets.

I still find myself needing to fight the temptation and still at times lose the battle. Of course, that is part of the deal when you hop into an F.
Old 08-20-13, 05:37 PM
Roffles
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
I had two tickets within 3 months after getting the F. Both officers were more interested in discussing the car than the ticketing. Both gave me no point tickets.

I still find myself needing to fight the temptation and still at times lose the battle. Of course, that is part of the deal when you hop into an F.
It's a losing battle. I start the day going the speed limit and soon find myself getting stuck behind someone going 10mph under the limit. So I speed up to go around them. Now I'm going a bit faster and it feels good and I want to keep it up. But now I'm stuck behind someone going the speed limit. So I speed up to go around them and now I'm having some fun!
Old 09-02-13, 10:51 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by farpetrad
Ugh got pulled over passing a jerk who was driving below speed limit and cop wrote me up for 66 in a 45. Should I fight it and get a traffic lawyer?
You may need a lawyer to fight it, just depends on the exact vehicle code written in the ticket, weather conditions and other factors.
Old 09-02-13, 10:59 PM
2URGSE
Racer

I don't encourage speeding, but if the topic comes up, if you're doing to drive fast do it "wisely". Invest in some good countermeasures, know what areas not to speed in, check your rear view mirror.

I got stopped by the Indiana State Patrol last year while on business. I was waiting at a red light with "No right turn on red", well 4 minutes of waiting got the best of me, so I took it after triple checking the area. Of course that didn't work, and I got the attention of a semi-marked State Patrol Dodge Charger....it was a nice light show!

Mind you, I was almost accepted to a Police agency in my late 20's, so I remembered some of the things about traffic stops:

1. GET OFF the freeway or main highway if possible. This decreases the chances of the officer getting hit by another car while talking to you.

2. Roll down the windows.

3. Kill the radio.

4. No sudden movements or reaching to grab anything.

5. If it's at night time, put the dome lights on.

6. This one is really important: Let the officer start the conversation. Many people make the mistake of saying something first....this is dis-respectful in the eyes of the "other side".

7. Don't be a smart @$$. You have the right not to answer anything. You can also gamble on being honest, sometimes it will get you off, sometimes you'll be cited.

Back to my traffic stop. He asked why I took the turn on red, and I replied that I waited 4 minutes and doubled checked everything and didn't see the sense of waiting any longer than I already did.

He asks about me being out of State, etc. etc. and then goes back to his car to run my license.

End result: written warning.

Last edited by 2URGSE; 09-02-13 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-03-13, 08:49 PM
Rbtmatt
Rookie

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
Glad you got off with a warning!
I had a similiar episode the other night about a week ago I was on a highway with PSL of 70.... I passed a (blacked out cruiser) going a little over 100mph that I didn't even notice was a LEO..... until I saw flashing lights in my RVM just after passing him.... He was real cool and said my car sounded nice and was pretty sweet.... asked me about what I had done to it... Let me off as my license plate is "CODE BLU" and he used to be a paramedic and his mom/aunt are nurses... SWEET! Just told me to "slow down a bit" LOL
However... I wasn't so lucky a few hours later heading home on the same highway when I got clocked at 107 by instant on radar by a small town LEO heading the opposite direction. The median had a wire fence for several miles and so I sped back up to 100 to put some distance between him and I as I knew it would be a while before he was able to flip a U.... Unfortunately about 4-5 min later I see flashing lights WAY behind me... I sped up to 130 and took the next exit... trying to ditch him... he saw me take it however and was not so lenient.. $400 ticket and I'm gonna HAVE to pay double so I don't lose my insurance... What sucks is if I had of played it smarter I could have gotten off... I should have sped up to 130-140 when I got hit with radar and taken the first exit and hid out for 10-15 min... well you live and you learn I guess... LOL! Well it was a good run anyway... little over 2 years in my F driving well over the speed limit at almost all times... (usually 50-100% over the PSL .... LOL) Have had many saves with my setup, but instant on radar got me this time..
Your a doctor and laughing about driving 50-100% over the speed limit most of the time? And trying to ditch cops @ 130? Wow! What a fine example you are...
Old 09-03-13, 09:52 PM
lorenr
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Thumbs up I'm with the Doctor

If I could figure out a way to elude a police car for speeding I would. Forty years ago I worked an interim position for the Oregon State Police. Management treated the troopers like garbage and there was very high turnover. They in tern treated the public like garbage. I lost all respect for them.

It has sense gotten much worse.

Where I live the police use their new laser systems, not for public safety, but for income. The courts are run on fines. No fines and judges get a little unhappy. District attorneys loose cases and they push the sheriff to put his people on the road. Money talks. Notice when traffic is heavy you'll never see a cop. They like open roads where drivers are more likely to speed. You'll notice them on highways where traffic is nearly non existent.

I see a lot of cars that are unsafe at any speed. Yet there they are in the left lane, usually with the driver talking on her cell phone. Never see them get cited.

Ever drive I-10 or I-15? One time I was going 90 MPH, hoping the traffic in front of me would get over when I find a CHP on my bumper. I moved over thinking I was done. However, he moved the others over real fast. People just drove 90 MPH on that road with no problems.

Speeding citations are nothing more than a scam.

Old 09-04-13, 02:19 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Originally Posted by lorenr
If I could figure out a way to elude a police car for speeding I would. Forty years ago I worked an interim position for the Oregon State Police. Management treated the troopers like garbage and there was very high turnover. They in tern treated the public like garbage. I lost all respect for them.
I would not try it, even if you can figure it out, for obvious reasons.

I have not dealt with OSP, I've seen them plenty of times while driving in their jurisidiction, but I run a Valentine 1 so I'm usually alerted to their speed measuring devices.

There are ways to deal with laser.