2008 IS-F Price Check

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-13, 10:31 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts
Default 2008 IS-F Price Check

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new-to-me 2008 IS-F. It's a dealer car, and they've agreed to sell it to me for $45k, plus TTL. It's a CPO, one-owner car, in immaculate condition, with just under 17k miles. It was sold by the dealership in 2008, and has a perfect service history. The car has a clear bra, four brand-new tires, and has just had an oil change.

Any reservations I should have?

Thanks!
Old 02-21-13, 10:40 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

45k out the door ? bargain a bit more. the more you bargain the better you saved Always negotiate the price out the door and come out to even ### is possible. Good luck .
Old 02-21-13, 10:49 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

45k seems a bit steep. but it all boils down to how much you really want THIS ONE. is it the color you want? is everything else clean? no curb rash? interior doesn't smell of smoke? etc., etc. gl.
Old 02-21-13, 11:54 AM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it sounds about right, 45k out the door isn't bad especially for 17k miles but I think you can get a bit better of a price. Really like cremaster said you have to factor in if its the car you want exactly at want.
I am in AZ too btw, are you looking at the SFP in Tuscon?
Old 02-21-13, 12:05 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

I picked up my 2008 back at the beginning of the month with 4,800 miles on it. I paid 44,000 for the car before any trade in and downpayment stuff. 1 owner, all service done at lexus.
Old 02-21-13, 12:09 PM
atl08isf
Rookie

I think $42.5k + TTT or $45k out the door. How long has it been on the lot? If you can find out that info you will have more room to nego, good luck
Old 02-21-13, 12:55 PM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Thanks for all the posts so far! To clarify, it's $45k, PLUS tax, title and license. That being said, they're giving me a good deal on my trade, which will significantly help with the tax burden. This is the EXACT color combo I've always wanted, and the car is insanely clean. No curb rash, no nicks, scratches, nothing. Pristine interior. Moreover, this car has an impeccable pedigree, which is extremely important when buying used.

LOLM3: yes, this is the SFP in Tucson.

Atl08isf: it's been sitting for about two weeks (I know, this weighs heavily in their favor).

I'm an attorney, so, of course, I've already negotiated hard (see above re: my trade). The price is a bit higher than I'd normally pay, but I've been looking since 2008 for the right one.

Again, I appreciate all the responses guys!
Old 02-21-13, 01:00 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

I mean, if its a car and color combo that you really want and has been taken care of. then will spending an extra 3,000 really stop you? I paid a little more than I wanted to for my 08, but it was taken care of and had 4,800 miles on it. I could have saved a couple thousand dollars and got one with 30,000 miles.
Old 02-21-13, 01:06 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Seems a bit high to me as well. How long will the warranty on the car be? I'd get them to extend it full bumper to bumper for as long as you can get.
Old 02-21-13, 01:33 PM
CodyJames
Intermediate

CUTigers: I hear ya - an extra $3k isn't an issue if it's the right car. And I've been looking forever, and it seems like the right car.

jkeifer3: it's a certified pre-owned, so it'll have a three year, 100k mile warranty. By the way, some great cars you have and have had!
Old 02-21-13, 01:41 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

To me that price sounds a lil high but is not outlandish for a low-mile CPO. CPO is awesome but if you're creaping up on $50k OTD, what's a couple more grand to get a few years newer model?

Personally I would take a '10/'11 with higher miles than an 08. It'll just be a couple grand more and you'll get better suspension, led headlights, new gauge cluster, etc., and better resale. All of those things are worth the extra money. Same reliability regardless of year.

Remember that even though the miles are really low that they car has been on the road for 4-5 years at this point.

Plus you can buy 3rd-party extended warranties (that's what I did) that are the equivalent to being CPO, but being CPO is adding several thousand to the price (likely more than a 3rd party warranty would cost).
Old 02-21-13, 02:01 PM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I got my 2008 for a couple grand less than that 2.5 years ago with only 7k more miles on it and that was with an extended warranty to 125k miles from the dealer.
Old 02-21-13, 02:05 PM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Originally Posted by anxiouz
To me that price sounds a lil high but is not outlandish for a low-mile CPO. CPO is awesome but if you're creaping up on $50k OTD, what's a couple more grand to get a few years newer model?

Personally I would take a '10/'11 with higher miles than an 08. It'll just be a couple grand more and you'll get better suspension, led headlights, new gauge cluster, etc., and better resale. All of those things are worth the extra money. Same reliability regardless of year.

Remember that even though the miles are really low that they car has been on the road for 4-5 years at this point.

Plus you can buy 3rd-party extended warranties (that's what I did) that are the equivalent to being CPO, but being CPO is adding several thousand to the price (likely more than a 3rd party warranty would cost).
All excellent points. With respect to the price, they're being very reasonable on the trade, which helps keep it under $50k. I've given significant thought to getting a newer model, but condition is everything to me. Low mile, excellent condition 2010+ cars are typically $50k and up, if you can find one (and I haven't been able to find one locally).

I like the upgrades on the newer models, but I don't think not having them is a deal-breaker - I'm used to rougher suspension, and can live without the LEDs and new gauge cluster. Moreover, and with respect to resale, I plan on keeping this one for a long time - I intend to use this as my weekday car when I buy a Porsche.

Thanks again guys
Old 02-21-13, 02:39 PM
RCM83
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do it man, better deal than I got on mine 9 months ago (I paid 42999 for an 08 with 35k miles, new tires, rotors, and brakes all around) I have a friend that has a 12 and another with an 11, while I love the headlight upgrade I'm not crazy about the dash (I still don't like the huge tach) and the rims on the 10's 11's don't do anything for me. You can always upgrade headlights if you want but to me the biggest difference is the seats, I LOVE the newer style seats with the alcantara.

It still wasn't worth an extra 5-10k though for me. I love my 08
Old 02-22-13, 03:54 PM
WebSoCal
Driver

I got my 08 F two weeks ago for 39.5k out the door and the odo sits at 36k miles!! Before I got my car, I thought that was hella a deal with low mileages considering it's a five year-old car... but after joining the club, I guess it isn't that low... The previous owner put the clear bra, upgraded to LED headlights, replaced the tires, rotors and brakes, and activated the DVD function... but the car doesn't have the extended warranty.... (I wonder if it's a good deal that I got though I already got the car... )BTW, i haven't introduced myself to the public yet... i just joined the club membership yesterday!!! and am still getting used to the search button... if i ask any noob question, please be tolerant with me.. lol!! I'm amazed by the hp of this car since I came from a 11 GTI. THANK YOU and I'm really happy to be part of the family in this club!

Last edited by WebSoCal; 02-22-13 at 03:58 PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 IS-F Price Check