i'd like to introduce you guys to linda

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-13, 12:33 PM
tybg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i'd like to introduce you guys to linda

oops nevermind

Last edited by tybg; 05-24-14 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-26-13, 01:10 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Intake/Header/Exhaust combo is about the only performance upgrade without getting into NOS and it will run about $3-4k depending on ur choice. This is not the car to buy if ur into heavy modding, so far no turbo kit seems to work. The I/H/E combo will get u about 80 more ponies give or take
Old 02-26-13, 01:18 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

Hello! With that much money in your budget you will definitely have enough to add significant power. People here have gone with Joe Z, ISS Forged, Borla, or custom setups as far as exhausts go. If you want to efficiently spend your money, go with a Joe Z exhaust with either PPE or Sikky headers. PPE has better craftsmanship whereas Sikky gives a louder sound.

If you really want to stand out, go with the Novel exhaust and headers. If you haven't seen the videos look them up. You will have an F that sounds like an exotic. The only caveat is the cost. Let's just say this setup will eat up a good portion of your budget.

Realistically the most you can squeeze out of an F with those basic mods is 400 RWHP, also considering that you don't go with forced induction or nitrous. Needless to say the F will probably never see numbers that a modified M3, CTS-V, or AMG would put out, but it can hold its own.
Old 02-26-13, 01:20 PM
tybg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mrd916
Intake/Header/Exhaust combo is about the only performance upgrade without getting into NOS and it will run about $3-4k depending on ur choice. This is not the car to buy if ur into heavy modding, so far no turbo kit seems to work. The I/H/E combo will get u about 80 more ponies give or take
i almost want to cry

appreciate the wake up call, which combo would you say is regarded as the best performance wise? i guess since there aren't many options available i may as well make the most of what i CAN get
Old 02-26-13, 01:26 PM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Removing weight is also an option, and yields benefits in more areas of performance. You won't call so much audible attention, the way exhaust mods will, but it does have it's own share of returns.

Edit: Oh, and welcome to the forum. The car looks great.
Old 02-26-13, 01:27 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tybg
i almost want to cry

appreciate the wake up call, which combo would you say is regarded as the best performance wise? i guess since there aren't many options available i may as well make the most of what i CAN get
did you not research the aftermarket market of parts that were available before you bought the car?

I'd say save the I/H/E will run you probably 5000. Save the rest of the money and go buy something else and keep the IS F as a daily.
Old 02-26-13, 01:40 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

I say go with Joe Z exhaust($1700), Sikky headers($1300) and Joe Z intake($140) and installation will vary but plan on $700-$900 for headers and around $150 to install the exhaust and intake. These prices are ballpark and not exact. I will now tell u that the search button on this forum is ur friend cause the performance upgrade threads are tapped out
Old 02-26-13, 01:42 PM
Sello
Pole Position

for a daily driver with all the boltons running mid 11's..why so sad?
Old 02-26-13, 01:44 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
did you not research the aftermarket market of parts that were available before you bought the car?

I'd say save the I/H/E will run you probably 5000. Save the rest of the money and go buy something else and keep the IS F as a daily.
I agree with this. If you (OP) are in a position where you feel disappointed that you can "only" get 400whp out of this car without going with nitrous, apparently you didn't do your research. If you've got up to $20K to put into this car, and assuming you paid upwards of $40K on the car itself, that put you in a budget range of $60K-$70K to spend on a vehicle. You could have bought an E90 M3, done the bolt-ons, and then supercharged it for that amount of scratch, and gotten yourself 600whp. Reliability be damned I guess.

Most of us bought the IS-F for the quality/reliability angle, and knew the trade-off would be a limited aftermarket and power potential. Heck, the BMW 335i and the Audi S4 both have tremendous aftermarkets. You could have had luxury, 4-doors, AND the ability to tune the car for much cheaper than your ISF and mod budget. It isn't too late either... you can still sell that ISF for probably close to what you bought it for 3 months ago and start over with a new platform.

That said, if you enjoy having a car that has Lexus fit and finish, quality and reliability, good gas mileage, rarity, and 400whp and 350ftlbs of torque at the wheels, you can keep your ISF and do the big three bolt-ons for $5K.

Not gonna lie, I've seen some of those vids with the ESS supercharged E92 M3s that are at 600whp and been impressed. It's just not what I want in my daily driver. Is that what you're looking for?
Old 02-26-13, 01:50 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

I say go with Joe Z exhaust($1700), Sikky headers($1300) and Joe Z intake($140) and installation will vary but plan on $700-$900 for headers and around $150 to install the exhaust and intake. These prices are ballpark and not exact. I will now tell u that the search button on this forum is ur friend cause the performance upgrade threads are tapped out
Old 02-26-13, 02:02 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

how did you come up w/ the name "linda?" ex? a stripper you fell in love w/?
Old 02-26-13, 02:08 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vbb
I agree with this. If you (OP) are in a position where you feel disappointed that you can "only" get 400whp out of this car without going with nitrous, apparently you didn't do your research. If you've got up to $20K to put into this car, and assuming you paid upwards of $40K on the car itself, that put you in a budget range of $60K-$70K to spend on a vehicle. You could have bought an E90 M3, done the bolt-ons, and then supercharged it for that amount of scratch, and gotten yourself 600whp. Reliability be damned I guess.

Most of us bought the IS-F for the quality/reliability angle, and knew the trade-off would be a limited aftermarket and power potential. Heck, the BMW 335i and the Audi S4 both have tremendous aftermarkets. You could have had luxury, 4-doors, AND the ability to tune the car for much cheaper than your ISF and mod budget. It isn't too late either... you can still sell that ISF for probably close to what you bought it for 3 months ago and start over with a new platform.

That said, if you enjoy having a car that has Lexus fit and finish, quality and reliability, good gas mileage, rarity, and 400whp and 350ftlbs of torque at the wheels, you can keep your ISF and do the big three bolt-ons for $5K.

Not gonna lie, I've seen some of those vids with the ESS supercharged E92 M3s that are at 600whp and been impressed. It's just not what I want in my daily driver. Is that what you're looking for?
VBB, you know my story with the GT-R. What you said here is the EXACT reason I chose the IS-F. It will never be the fastest car, but boy is it a fun car to drive every day. Yes, I've modded or am in the process, but it'll never touch the GT-R. That said, the GT-R won't ever touch the F in the daily driver category. Even the other cars mentioned, such as the M3 or C63 wouldn't be my cup of tea heavily modded as a DD. I'm sorta in a good purgatory situation right now, waiting for the next weekend warrior, but having fun everyday right now. Heck, I'm researching doing a 1956 Ford F100 shop truck while waiting to pull the trigger on $100k car. I just can't fathom going FI on a daily driver and I'd never buy an IS-F as a weekend warrior. Why, when there's soo many other options out there to play with? IS-F=best DD out there, IMHO.

By the way, I'd like to know how the op came up with the name Linda?
Old 02-26-13, 02:08 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

If u want to name ur car after a stripper then just name it "Lexus" cause every strip club has a girl named Lexus working there
Old 02-26-13, 02:11 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Congrats and Welcome
Old 02-26-13, 02:23 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Welcome and Congrats!

Quick Reply: i'd like to introduce you guys to linda