IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Running a GT500

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-13, 01:19 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

There was a guy on here that recently (as in last fall maybe) bought an ISF and was coming from a modded GT500. I don't remember his username though. All I know is that the car he eventually bought was the ISF that I test drove at the dealership before getting mine. I wonder what he thinks about this proposed contest?
Old 03-05-13, 01:43 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...BiOACKhA#t=35s
Old 03-05-13, 10:05 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That was a good read

Lol my dad has a new 2013 boss 302 444hp we went to the track a month ago and he was so surprised how he could never shake me lol. His car feels more raw as in the power down low but get the Lexus up to speed and it's right there. I also went on a canyon cruise this weekend with my buddy and his new 13 mustang GT and yea maybe he can take me on a straight away a lil but in the twisties I dusted him I actually pulled over and waited for him lol. His car was stock and mine was lowered with Sikky sway bar and he even mentioned my car looks like a go-kart from behind it just stuck to the turns and pulled away he said his gt felt unstable and he was scared to go faster. Another canyon cruise I was with some porshe gt3s, viper, NSX and vette and they never lost me. Not only do our cars drive fast they handle great with a sway bar people are always amazed... Oh btw that's with my heavy 3piece 20"rims on too lol
Old 03-06-13, 06:05 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vmatheboss
yea, i read the whole thing and noticed a couple lexus guys posted on the thread too. im surprised the F can keep up with a gt500 though considering its over 500hp
I raced a brand new one (paper tags and all) in my turbo IS he obviously wasn't expecting me to be fast as he drove right up my tail pipe in the fast lane as if to say hey slow Lexus move! I'm an awesome mustang! A couple quick runs and he was left shaking his head AND giving me a thumbs up. It always fun to watch domestic guys hate on us until they get beat.
Old 03-06-13, 06:15 PM
vmatheboss
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Interesting thread, seems Mustang owners actually respect the F. People usually doubt the F but when they see it on the road and see what it can do, they respect it.
Originally Posted by slvrboolet
I raced a brand new one (paper tags and all) in my turbo IS he obviously wasn't expecting me to be fast as he drove right up my tail pipe in the fast lane as if to say hey slow Lexus move! I'm an awesome mustang! A couple quick runs and he was left shaking his head AND giving me a thumbs up. It always fun to watch domestic guys hate on us until they get beat.
haha good ****! well, what do you expect when the guy still has his stickers, he thinks hes unstoppable..its the new car owner effect lmao
Old 03-07-13, 08:08 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Murph145
That was a good read

Lol my dad has a new 2013 boss 302 444hp we went to the track a month ago and he was so surprised how he could never shake me lol. His car feels more raw as in the power down low but get the Lexus up to speed and it's right there. I also went on a canyon cruise this weekend with my buddy and his new 13 mustang GT and yea maybe he can take me on a straight away a lil but in the twisties I dusted him I actually pulled over and waited for him lol. His car was stock and mine was lowered with Sikky sway bar and he even mentioned my car looks like a go-kart from behind it just stuck to the turns and pulled away he said his gt felt unstable and he was scared to go faster. Another canyon cruise I was with some porshe gt3s, viper, NSX and vette and they never lost me. Not only do our cars drive fast they handle great with a sway bar people are always amazed... Oh btw that's with my heavy 3piece 20"rims on too lol
Did u have traction off?
Old 03-07-13, 08:36 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

but in the twisties I dusted him I actually pulled over and waited for him lol. His car was stock and mine was lowered with Sikky sway bar and he even mentioned my car looks like a go-kart from behind it just stuck to the turns and pulled away he said his gt felt unstable and he was scared to go faster. Another canyon cruise I was with some porshe gt3s, viper, NSX and vette and they never lost me. Not only do our cars drive fast they handle great with a sway bar people are always amazed... Oh btw that's with my heavy 3piece 20"rims on too lol
Whatever I highlighted in bold was EXACTLY the case when I ran my friend's C5 Z06. He beat me every time by a HAIR but any time there was even a slight bend in the road, he would refuse to accelerate. He told me after the runs that his car struggled to gain traction and the steering wheel would be sideways during each shift. The F handles really well, and I could imagine even better after the sway bar.

Originally Posted by chris6878
Did u have traction off?
When I ran my friend's Vette it was during the initial stages I was getting to know the car, so I had it on. Was too scared to leave it off. I would have had a little more of a chance of pulling on him with it off though.

Last edited by VtotheJ; 03-07-13 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-07-13, 11:29 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chris6878
Did u have traction off?
i had traction control on and so did my friend with the mustang. In the canyons i dont want to fly off the side lol but on the track i could see taking it off and doing some runs but that was my first track experience so i was being careful there too. Does it make a big difference as far as in the canyons is concerened having it on or off?

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Whatever I highlighted in bold was EXACTLY the case when I ran my friend's C5 Z06. He beat me every time by a HAIR but any time there was even a slight bend in the road, he would refuse to accelerate. He told me after the runs that his car struggled to gain traction and the steering wheel would be sideways during each shift. The F handles really well, and I could imagine even better after the sway bar.

When I ran my friend's Vette it was during the initial stages I was getting to know the car, so I had it on. Was too scared to leave it off. I would have had a little more of a chance of pulling on him with it off though.
haha nice man! yea sway bar IMO is a must on any car that you feel like taking the turns in.... even my friend put sway bars on his prius!! lol he said it made a huge difference in that car too. when i take the car through the canyons it just feels very solid and well made for the turns. i know on the track a zo6 is a monster because when i was at track day a guy had a 09 zo6 and he was spanking everyone his car just stuck in the long sweeper turns like none other!!
Old 03-07-13, 05:23 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blitz_714
With E/I/Header u r good to roll that now is about dead even but i'm sure ISF will take it everytime , from dig or from roll Now if your car only has intake which is not much, then that removal all the excess weight, jack, tools, 1/4 of gas tank , engine cover too lolz, manual book, floor mats. Also u might want to find a empty straight road and start to practice some runs. Let the ECU learns it , hope that help lolz.
It will probably beat it by 2-3 secs on the track as well.
Old 03-08-13, 09:31 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i had traction control on and so did my friend with the mustang. In the canyons i dont want to fly off the side lol but on the track i could see taking it off and doing some runs but that was my first track experience so i was being careful there too. Does it make a big difference as far as in the canyons is concerened having it on or off?

r!!
I assume it would. But your right, u may fly off the side. Lol
Old 03-08-13, 12:51 PM
Mortis101
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fun to read this thread. I actually have an 08 GT500 and 08 ISF. I've never driven a stock GT500 so I couldn't say which is better. My GT500 has 700+ HP and could blow my F away, however, I like driving the F better.

It's hard to compare the two, but after buying my F I can't stand the interior in the Shelby. Seems super cheap.
When I want raw power I drive the Shelby, but when I want luxury with some get up and go I drive the F.

Here's a pic of the Shelby I recently took

Old 03-08-13, 01:20 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

sweet shelby!!!!
Old 03-08-13, 06:58 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't go near a 2012+ gt500 or you really will get a beating
Old 03-08-13, 07:01 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

driven a stock 2008 gt500 at my old work place. felt fast and torquey with the manual , you should do fine with this model.

like darbs said, the new ones, they are damn quick stock. i wont even get into these cars when they are modded, no point, lol
Old 03-08-13, 08:12 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the OP was referring to running a relatively stock GT500. Obviously a modded GT500 will spank the F. Any car with 600+ hp will spank the F.

Quick Reply: Running a GT500