IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus IS-F Discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-13, 01:07 PM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only time will tell...upcoming 4 door M3 is sounding pretty good from my chair right now. Lexus can play games all they want with this publicity stuff.
Old 03-21-13, 05:36 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

If you want something with the best balance of handling and performance, buy a M3

If you want something that is designed by a bunch of mad scientists with insane power, buy an AMG.

If you want something with some racing technology, buy an Audi

If you want something that is quiet and is made for old men...buy a Lexus
Old 03-21-13, 08:59 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

^^^ LoL. I guess we're ALL OLD MEN/WOMEN here!
Old 03-21-13, 09:42 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,025 Likes on 2,439 Posts

Speak for yourself!
Old 03-21-13, 11:08 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Just F Me
If you want something with the best balance of handling and performance, buy a M3

If you want something that is designed by a bunch of mad scientists with insane power, buy an AMG.

I'm some where in between the BMW and Audi.....and nothat does not mean an AMG
Old 03-21-13, 11:16 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by crazee201
^^^ LoL. I guess we're ALL OLD MEN/WOMEN here!
Uh Oh...you woke the moderator....

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Speak for yourself!
Old 03-22-13, 07:06 AM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want the best handling,performance, and racing technology by a GTR. Its not exactly quiet though...
Old 03-22-13, 07:22 AM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by staman
If you want the best handling,performance, and racing technology by a GTR. Its not exactly quiet though...
I agree!!!!!! But keeping in line with european............ Porsche Carrera S4
Old 03-22-13, 08:03 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Civic Si-r
I agree!!!!!! But keeping in line with european............ Porsche Carrera S4
GTR isn't in the same class of cars...which is a sensible 4 door car, then stuffed with a big power, suspension, and brake upgrades. GTR was a purpose built car.

991 Porsche Carrera S4??? Dude...the new Porsche 991 911 GT3....

You can't really compare any other car to the M3, IS F, C63...of course I forgot the V cars.
Old 03-22-13, 07:44 PM
tgui
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Speak for yourself!
Just how old are you then?!

I like to tell my friends I take the Lex to Whole Foods and then off to get my nails did shortly after.
Old 03-22-13, 07:45 PM
tgui
Pole Position

GTR isn't in the same class of cars...which is a sensible 4 door car, then stuffed with a big power, suspension, and brake upgrades. GTR was a purpose built car.

991 Porsche Carrera S4??? Dude...the new Porsche 991 911 GT3....

You can't really compare any other car to the M3, IS F, C63...of course I forgot the V cars.
I really dig the V cars. I'm watching the ATS-V closely. 6 cyl turbo.... mmm....
Old 03-24-13, 02:09 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PurduePete
For all this debate of the F “being discontinued” or not, have you all factored in on what "discontinue" means in the article? To me when it comes to car manufacturers nowadays, discontinue means short-term hiatus.
Hiatus meaning, since we assumed that the next F would not come out until at least 2 years after the redesigned IS comes out, wouldn't it be plausible to think that the F is on-hiatus or to some other people, use the term, "discontinued" for a couple of years until the new one is finished?

Why the hiatus? Well since the current F isn't doing all that great in sales, why commit your factory resources to produce such a low-volume model for the next 2 years? Why not take those resources and commit them to other new models? Why continually spend so much R&D every year from 2008-2012 with the 2012/2013 being much improved over the 2008 model. Typically in between or mid-cycle updates to a particular model has always been aesthetic to increase sales. But not for the F, the updates hasn't been aesthetic, but always been internal involving the driving dynamics of the car (LSD, suspension, etc.).

To me, it is completely plausible that they stopped focusing in on the current F, take the next two years to engineer the next F for either 2015 or 2016. So to me a 2-year hiatus is not a big deal and is not similar to case of the beloved Supra since there is still competition out there in the form of M3s (now called M4s), C63s, and RS-5s. Remember, after lessons learned from the LFA and a new way of thinking, Lexus wants to put the best out there to lead, not to follow. My $0.02.
I agree with the logic. I also believe, as a previous Bimmer owner, that the 2012/13 has surpassed the M3. I am not alone in this belief.

Lexus is repositioning its machines for the driving enthusiast. You will see a new F in the out years. For those of you who think Lexus is for "the older man," think twice. BTW: many of you would not even have the "F" if it were not for the older guys who put up the bucks to have this awesome machine built in limited production and available for repurchase.

Your welcome. );-)
Old 03-24-13, 02:53 PM
is300SD2
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
I agree with the logic. I also believe, as a previous Bimmer owner, that the 2012/13 has surpassed the M3. I am not alone in this belief.

Lexus is repositioning its machines for the driving enthusiast. You will see a new F in the out years. For those of you who think Lexus is for "the older man," think twice. BTW: many of you would not even have the "F" if it were not for the older guys who put up the bucks to have this awesome machine built in limited production and available for repurchase.

Your welcome. );-)
Fact!

10char
Old 03-25-13, 08:07 AM
dLad
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stock gtr is more quiet than a stock isf....... but agree you can't compare the two...they are very different...the comparison between the m3, amg, audi, and isf is good....like posted above, all sedans with performance upgrades all around
Old 03-25-13, 09:36 AM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

updated but still speculation. japan says the 4 door isf as we know it is finished. rcf and gsf are on the way. both are using the 3ur-gse engine and making 465 ps. rcf 0-60 3.9 seconds, gsf 0-60 4.4 seconds. the speculated price...... yikes both over $100,000 in japan. stateside prices not published yet

Quick Reply: Lexus IS-F Discontinued