IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus IS-F Discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-13, 08:51 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
How many of you bought the IS F with MPG in mind?
Didn't buy it for the gas mileage, but among other things, it was one of the items I checked off on the list of positives. The gearbox and gas mileage were two major reasons I passed on the competition, given I daily drive the vehicle.
Old 03-26-13, 09:13 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Will Lexus make the first 9 speed transmission? HA. Turbo would be the way to go for MPG...Turbo + 8 speed...that would be pretty interesting.

But if you look at it, the LFA didn't use an 8speed but a single clutch 6 speed. Lexus does funny things
Old 03-26-13, 12:18 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by amgone75
updated but still speculation. japan says the 4 door isf as we know it is finished. rcf and gsf are on the way. both are using the 3ur-gse engine and making 465 ps. rcf 0-60 3.9 seconds, gsf 0-60 4.4 seconds. the speculated price...... yikes both over $100,000 in japan. stateside prices not published yet
My Japanese clients claim that they would have to pay $120,000+ for the current ISF in Japan, almost $140,000 in Hong Kong. The cars are a bargain in the US.
Old 03-26-13, 12:24 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A car that's reliable, luxurious, quick, rare, fun to drive ......is a bargain......the ISF fits the bill

.......but I hope they discontinue it
Old 03-26-13, 12:25 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Uh....what are you talking about older guys who put up the bucks?

And it's YOU'RE welcome...not YOUR welcome.
I well understand the use of enclitics. It's call a "typo."

And I am talking about the MAJORITY of the younger owners who are buying the resold F vehicles.

You are welcome.
Old 04-02-13, 05:19 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Okay, here's some more rumor from Lexus of Austin as of yesterday:
1. ISF discontinued for 2014, but will be back in 2015 as a 2-door ONLY. Lots of engine changes apparently, but it will retain the V8.
2. It will not resemble the LF-CC concept car as previous told.
3. There is also going to be an IS 350 Sport (not F-Sport) that is supposed to be one helluva ride. Anyone heard of this?

At this point, I'm losing interest in the topic, but I figured I'd at least pass along some material. I know it's all conjecture at this point, so take this with a grain of salt.
Old 04-08-13, 11:30 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 82 Posts

I met a driving instructor for Skip Barber's Racing School at Pebble Beach over the weekend. For those of you who don't know about Skip Barber's School, they offer driving/racing classes at Laguna Seca Raceway...they have cars such as the rx8, mx-5 cup cars, and the ISF! This instructor said with confidence that there will be a NEW ISF in 2015...but that's all of the info I was only able to get out of her.

I've been wanting to attend this race school, but I don't have $1500+k to burn on a weekend... maybe when I get a little older. My wife wants to attend this course as well and wants to drive their F's lol Sound like an expensive weekend if we ever do it.
Old 04-08-13, 12:05 PM
raceism
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's all good. we already have one!
Old 04-08-13, 12:27 PM
GriMan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by melbitoast
Okay, here's some more rumor from Lexus of Austin as of yesterday:
1. ISF discontinued for 2014, but will be back in 2015 as a 2-door ONLY. Lots of engine changes apparently, but it will retain the V8.
2. It will not resemble the LF-CC concept car as previous told.
3. There is also going to be an IS 350 Sport (not F-Sport) that is supposed to be one helluva ride. Anyone heard of this?

At this point, I'm losing interest in the topic, but I figured I'd at least pass along some material. I know it's all conjecture at this point, so take this with a grain of salt.
2 door?? I'm a family man. One of the reason i got my F because of 4 door and it can go. I don't know about this one. They need to make 2 version for the F (2 & 4 door).
Old 04-08-13, 12:59 PM
tgui
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GriMan
2 door?? I'm a family man. One of the reason i got my F because of 4 door and it can go. I don't know about this one. They need to make 2 version for the F (2 & 4 door).
CTS-V then!

I'm in the same boat with a kid in the near future.
Old 04-10-13, 07:54 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tgui
CTS-V then!

I'm in the same boat with a kid in the near future.
Perhaps the main reason the ISF caught my eye was because of the 4 doors. I owned a 2 door for way too long and realized its functionality was extremely minimal with the exception of parallel parking.

If Lexus ever reads this post...look at the numbers. I see way less 2 doors ISC's than I do 4 door ISx50's. Only releasing a RC-F or that ugly 2 door ISF we all saw at the Nurbergring would be such a terrible idea.

I love the current ISF and I own multiple lexus vehicles.

Upcoming CTS-V and BMW M3 4door are becoming viable options for me. I'll just sell them before the warranty goes out to avoid costly repairs.
Old 04-10-13, 08:08 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^^Resale value of those cars (CTS-V / M3 / C63) dip like the stock market in 2008 when out of warranty. I'd suggest selling at least a year before warranty is up.

Last edited by VtotheJ; 04-10-13 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-10-13, 08:39 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
I met a driving instructor for Skip Barber's Racing School at Pebble Beach over the weekend. For those of you who don't know about Skip Barber's School, they offer driving/racing classes at Laguna Seca Raceway...they have cars such as the rx8, mx-5 cup cars, and the ISF! This instructor said with confidence that there will be a NEW ISF in 2015...but that's all of the info I was only able to get out of her.
Not to be a **** about it...so don't read it the wrong way. But I HIGHLY DOUBT that an instructor for Skip Barber knows anything about what's coming. It's not like Skip Barber is a sponsored Lexus driving school. They have no connection.

Again, if Lexus take a piece of the market away from zee Germans, they're gonna have to come out with something lighter and has more power.....3500lbs, 450+HP is the way to go. (at least)

We already know that Mercedes AMG will be stuffing the 5.5L V8 Bi-Turbo into their C63, and that baby puts out 518HP with 516lb torque @ 1750RPMs.

You can bet that BMW will be going 450hp+ for sure for their 5th generation M3
Old 04-10-13, 01:28 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Not to be a **** about it...so don't read it the wrong way. But I HIGHLY DOUBT that an instructor for Skip Barber knows anything about what's coming. It's not like Skip Barber is a sponsored Lexus driving school. They have no connection.

Again, if Lexus take a piece of the market away from zee Germans, they're gonna have to come out with something lighter and has more power.....3500lbs, 450+HP is the way to go. (at least)

We already know that Mercedes AMG will be stuffing the 5.5L V8 Bi-Turbo into their C63, and that baby puts out 518HP with 516lb torque @ 1750RPMs.

You can bet that BMW will be going 450hp+ for sure for their 5th generation M3
Not to add more to the speculation, but Lexus may not decide to engage with the Germans in a HP arms race. Yes, it seems that IF they do make an ISF (or a GSF for that matter), it'll have to be competitive in performance with the C63 and the M3 (or E63 or M5) in order to sell, but at what price?

I think there's an upper limit the market will bear for a small luxury sports sedan, and we're close to that already. I think MB has made a very smart move by putting out that CLS45 AMG which is about the same size as our current ISF, does 0-60 in around 4.5 seconds, and will sell for sub $50K new. Of course the new C63 will have to have tons of power to justify what will end up being a $20K price increase over the CLS45.
Old 04-10-13, 02:06 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vbb
Not to add more to the speculation, but Lexus may not decide to engage with the Germans in a HP arms race. Yes, it seems that IF they do make an ISF (or a GSF for that matter), it'll have to be competitive in performance with the C63 and the M3 (or E63 or M5) in order to sell, but at what price?

I think there's an upper limit the market will bear for a small luxury sports sedan, and we're close to that already. I think MB has made a very smart move by putting out that CLS45 AMG which is about the same size as our current ISF, does 0-60 in around 4.5 seconds, and will sell for sub $50K new. Of course the new C63 will have to have tons of power to justify what will end up being a $20K price increase over the CLS45.
Good comments...If Lexus wants to have an arms race with the Germans...for sure they will lose.

I hope Lexus says...F it! 6.0L engine for the next V8....oh man...can you imagine how that would sound with a straight pipe?

Quick Reply: Lexus IS-F Discontinued