IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus IS-F Discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-13, 05:41 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Snow
So the ISF is confirmed to be discontinued?
Not really...I would expect to see the IS-F rebranded as RC-F based on a recent trademark filing by Toyota. As one who works on mark protection, there is little need to file for registration if you do not intend to use it.

I would also expect to see more in the car, I.e., horsepower, and a $10k-$15k price driving it into the $80 -85k range.

I have a friend calling an exec at Zlexus to get the scoop.
Old 03-11-13, 05:50 PM
RspSupra
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well there is always the LF-LC which is rumored to be coming in 2014/2015.
Old 03-11-13, 05:56 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RspSupra
Well there is always the LF-LC which is rumored to be coming in 2014/2015.
This too could be the RC-F...we'll see what intelligence can be gathered from Lexus corp via my friend who has access.
Old 03-11-13, 06:08 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Snow
Correct. Most likely they will be more expensive and even harder to find just because they are discontinued. I'm a very picky person so it has to be SFP + Black Interior.
That will be easy to find... I will sell you mine when they get discontinued... $75k firm... And don't try to haggle
Old 03-11-13, 06:33 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndGF
That will be easy to find... I will sell you mine when they get discontinued... $75k firm... And don't try to haggle
I have an SFP. I will sell you mine for $74.9 FIRM!
Old 03-12-13, 12:53 AM
ISF350
Pole Position

if they discountinue that's mean the ISF not doing well for the luxury sport perf car department compare to M3 and C63amg ! i'm waiting by next year if not M3 is way to go ???
Old 03-12-13, 01:28 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ I seriously doubt that. At least not at the dealerships here. Anytime there is an ISF on the lot it doesn't last long at all.
Old 03-12-13, 04:30 AM
Beachtyme
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
^^^ I seriously doubt that. At least not at the dealerships here. Anytime there is an ISF on the lot it doesn't last long at all.
My 2012 was on the lot less than two weeks when I bought it. Then again, the dealership had exactly what I wanted when I made the final decision to purchase an F.

I could have bought one locally for a better price, but instead traveled 1200 miles for the car that was the "right" one.
Old 03-12-13, 06:04 AM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Here I was waiting for the 3IS-F, so I can buy a cheaper 2IS-F... but as many here have echoed, I don't think this is the end for the car. With Toyoda at the helm wanting to inject excitement to the brand AND lure younger buyers, I can almost assure you a suitable replacement is on the way.
Old 03-12-13, 06:43 AM
Got F?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dropped off my ISF at Park Place Lexus this morning and mentioned to the service rep that I heard on this forum (via USA Today) that the ISF might be going bye-bye. He actually confirmed it, for whatever that's worth. Here was the surprising part - he said that it will be replaced with a 2-door GS-F (not F-sport but an actual F). I guess I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 03-12-13, 07:33 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Got F?
I dropped off my ISF at Park Place Lexus this morning and mentioned to the service rep that I heard on this forum (via USA Today) that the ISF might be going bye-bye. He actually confirmed it, for whatever that's worth. Here was the surprising part - he said that it will be replaced with a 2-door GS-F (not F-sport but an actual F). I guess I'll believe it when I see it.
Sometimes I wonder if Lexus corporate actually starts rumors like this just to keep people guessing. I can't figure out why they'd drop the IS-F but make a GS-F and then make it only 2 doors. I very seriously doubt that's the plan.
Old 03-12-13, 08:02 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Got F?
I believe I'd take any info from a service rep with a serious grain of salt. Not saying he's wrong, but a person in that position wouldn't seem likely to have information of that level at this stage of the game. Just my opinion obviously.
Old 03-12-13, 08:05 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Agreed, I don't believe the F will be dropped when they are on this big performance campaign. I do believe they will be adding the RCF coupe.
Old 03-12-13, 08:07 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^Interesting....I'm attending a Lexus cocktail event on March 28, where they will unveil the new 3IS. Hopefully I can get some information on the F then.
Old 03-12-13, 08:56 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
^Interesting....I'm attending a Lexus cocktail event on March 28, where they will unveil the new 3IS. Hopefully I can get some information on the F then.
Which you won't...not to burst your bubble. Those types of events are full of marketing research people, sales people, and PR type people. No one there makes decisions. Also, with those types of people, they don't want you to know any info...they want you to buy TODAY.

It's not their problem if you bought a 3IS today, and then tomorrow a 3IS F is announced.

Quick Reply: Lexus IS-F Discontinued