IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus IS-F Discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-13, 02:30 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The more I read about this, the more I think the ISF is dead. While it's true that Lexus is really, really pushing "F performance" theme, they're simply spreading that across their entire product line via the F-Sport badge. To get the CT200h as an F-Sport basically says it all.

But the killer to me is Lexus only selling, what?, 500 ISF's last year? There's no reason to keep making a $60k car that only sells 500 units.
Old 03-13-13, 02:40 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sad news if true, article or no article numbers really don't lie.

IF Lexus only under 500 units of the IS-F model, it won't last very long before going on the chopping block. I'm no expert but I think Ferrari sells more per year?
Old 03-13-13, 06:03 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
Sad news if true, article or no article numbers really don't lie.

IF Lexus only under 500 units of the IS-F model, it won't last very long before going on the chopping block. I'm no expert but I think Ferrari sells more per year?
I here you guys, but there is no Fsport with the true F. I have to believe there will be another F--IS-F , RC-F--or this is an incredible brand loss for Lexus.

I don't believe Lexus is building the F and turning any profit for the $70k (loaded car). Limited production being what it is, the car is probably more in the $120k+ range to build...maybe even more.
Old 03-13-13, 06:20 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

I believe the F will stay, it just won't be around with a redesign for a bit and maybe even that we won't get it at all for like a year... maybe.... Lexus just can't take away the competitor for the M3 - M4, specially since all they are doing is trying to beat the 3 series with this 3IS. I am hoping that when the RC gets here, the ISF will be also be release together with the 2 door RCF as well (this is thinking the RC is the actual name for the IS coupe or LF-CC)

Don't take my word on any of this, this is what I think
Old 03-13-13, 07:02 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

The LFA was built at a loss but garnered the Marketing attention Lexus wanted for starting to be "performance" oriented. But there isn't a single person alive that thinks the LFA price tag makes any sense.

Dropping down a peg we have the ISF. I'm absolutely in love with my car but it simply doesn't stack up when compared to Audi/BMW/JAG's latest S model (whatever it is) when people are reviewing/comparing them. It simply never wins.

I think we'll see a new model based off the LF-CC, or a new Toyota Supra that hits the $60k+ price point. It sure seems like a Supra is next up so the ISF may step down for that car to re-enter our discussions...
Old 03-13-13, 07:43 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by anxiouz
The LFA was built at a loss but garnered the Marketing attention Lexus wanted for starting to be "performance" oriented. But there isn't a single person alive that thinks the LFA price tag makes any sense.

Dropping down a peg we have the ISF. I'm absolutely in love with my car but it simply doesn't stack up when compared to Audi/BMW/JAG's latest S model (whatever it is) when people are reviewing/comparing them. It simply never wins.

I think we'll see a new model based off the LF-CC, or a new Toyota Supra that hits the $60k+ price point. It sure seems like a Supra is next up so the ISF may step down for that car to re-enter our discussions...
That's true but I think things have changed a bit since the introduction of a true LSD for 2010+ models. Most magazines cited marked improvements in lap times with the LSD and other suspension upgrades.
Old 03-13-13, 07:49 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Oh, absolutely. But my google alerts for ISF news articles is so minimal that it's clear that nobody is writing about this car.

I think the LSD models are quite a bit deal better (for sure!) but nobody is really bothering to compare those ISFs to the M3/RS4 any more. They've given up with that which kills Lexus' marketing efforts. It doesn't matter that the ISF is better than in 08...nobody wants to re-compare it to it's previous combatants. And that is what helps sells cars.
Old 03-13-13, 07:56 PM
darkoozy
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ISF coming in 2015

So take it for what its worth...

I was at the Lexus dealer today getting my 5000 mile service on my 2012 ISF, and went to talk to the sales team that sold me my car, with some questions on all of this...Sewell Lexus.

They confirmed the 2013 ISF is last of its kind, but also told me there would a 2015 model, they did not have much more than that to say, but they did know that it would have a similar LCD tachometer, speedometer like the LFA. They also said the f-sport models coming in 2015 would also have the LFA style tachometer, speedometer as well.

I have no reason to doubt the news they gave me, so there is some hope the ISF will be back in a few years.
Old 03-13-13, 08:02 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Grrrrr. We already know the ISx50 F-Sport models will get the LFA-style tach. They didn't seem to confirm an ISF (proper).
Old 03-13-13, 08:13 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

One more time the Topspeed confirmed this news.http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...-ar149701.html
Old 03-13-13, 09:25 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marshall2j
Here I was waiting for the 3IS-F, so I can buy a cheaper 2IS-F... but as many here have echoed, I don't think this is the end for the car. With Toyoda at the helm wanting to inject excitement to the brand AND lure younger buyers, I can almost assure you a suitable replacement is on the way.
Exactly! Appealing to the younger generation is key
Old 03-13-13, 10:26 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shyguyF
One more time the Topspeed confirmed this news.http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...-ar149701.html
There's a ton of things wrong with the article....

1) Source is USA Today
2) Picture of the F is not the latest model
3) "First of course is its huge price ($61,750) that put it out of the reach of most Lexus buyers." - No. It's competitively priced compared to the M3, AMG, RS5, S5. Costs less than all of them with the same options.
4) "Then there is its low fuel economy rating of 18 mpg, while the BMW M3 delivers 20 mpg." - Incorrect again. There's a reason why the M3 has gas guzzler tax and the ISF doesn't.
Old 03-13-13, 11:12 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Grrrrr. We already know the ISx50 F-Sport models will get the LFA-style tach. They didn't seem to confirm an ISF (proper).
Newer Honda Civics get a digital gauge where as every other model including Acura got analog gauges..

Younger crowds love it.
Old 03-14-13, 12:36 AM
LOLM3
Pole Position

From what I heard from two of my local dealers is that there is a 2014 ISF and it will remain the same body style as the previous years and same goes for the ISC.
Old 03-14-13, 05:26 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Oh, absolutely. But my google alerts for ISF news articles is so minimal that it's clear that nobody is writing about this car.

I think the LSD models are quite a bit deal better (for sure!) but nobody is really bothering to compare those ISFs to the M3/RS4 any more. They've given up with that which kills Lexus' marketing efforts. It doesn't matter that the ISF is better than in 08...nobody wants to re-compare it to it's previous combatants. And that is what helps sells cars.
Well then that's Lexus' damn fault. Marketing sells cars period, and Lexus makes fantastic commercials. They need to put themselves out there and request magazines/online reporters/etc. to come review the newest F. Push the issue, so the word gets out there. Word of mouth only goes so far when trying to sell a $60k+ car. You've got to prove it. Lexus has to prove it.
Hell, make a quick commercial that says, "M3 performance. Toyota reliability. What else could you possibly want?"

Quick Reply: Lexus IS-F Discontinued