IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

sikky header parts/accessories

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-13, 05:27 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you got it all working! Hate to see money wasted on any car part, even if its a cheap $15 bulb or something. I still get excited to put on any part no matter the cost, I dont like disappointment lol
Old 03-11-13, 01:37 PM
1slowF
Driver School Candidate

i bought a used set last year and sikky would not sell my any parts at all. I even gave them the name of the original owner and he was in their database and still wouldn't sell me anything.
As a manufacture with that type of mentality, I would never buy any parts from them again

Anyhow I only installed headers with no exhaust, I did not install any simulators and I have not had a check engine light since than. To my knowledge I thought the simulator was only for the secondary cats if you removed them. Atleast this was true for older cars. Maybe my front O2 sensors are going to go out soon lol
Old 03-11-13, 03:03 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,368 Posts

^^^^Your experience with your CEL and the headers is confounding. All o2 measurements are done before and ofter the primary cats. There are no bungs and sensors after of the secondary cats, so no measurements are taken after the secondaries. What did you did the installer do with the sensors and sensor wiring that were installed in the stock exhaust manifold before the primary cats? There has to be more than meets the eye here.

Lou
Old 03-11-13, 04:53 PM
1slowF
Driver School Candidate

just plugged them back into the header as if they were the original headers.

not sure if what I said before made sense but only thought people needed simulators and cel fixes when they put in a test pipe or high flow cat, not when they switch out headers like on most cars
Old 03-11-13, 06:52 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^So there's nothing between the two bungs except header and exhaust pipe? Whay you would get no CEL is a mystery to me
Old 03-11-13, 07:33 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree thats weird as hell. If you got your car used there is a possibility that you already have the o2 sim installed?????? Too weird
Old 03-11-13, 07:41 PM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

when you know well how the car works on that departement , is when you dont understand how not to put the simulator on a header installation will not drop a cell, is this for real???

...... when you install headers you remove a cat from the car thats why you need asimulator!!!
Old 03-18-13, 09:35 PM
vmatheboss
Driver

i got the headers in already, now i needed to know (from the people who own sikky headers) if the gaskets are custom sized or would you need new ones? i tried to contact sikky and they told me they are not sure if they sell the accessories separately and they needed to ask upper management.... then i never heard back from them..... anyone know the size of the o-ring gaskets needed? thanks
Old 03-21-13, 08:27 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ No good deal is worth the hassle that you're going through. I guess you'll need good luck not only to get your headers and exhaust properly installed, but not to damage your car in the process.
Old 03-21-13, 09:29 AM
vmatheboss
Driver

the exhuast are on with no probs, sounds like a beast. i talked to my mechanic whos installing my headers and hes done a couple other isf's already. he checked out the headers and told me he will custom my gaskets. i wouldnt buy them if it wasnt a good deal and didnt have a good mechanic
Old 03-21-13, 11:19 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Sounds All Good Let us know when you get your headers and PPE o2 simulator installed.

Lou
Old 03-27-13, 12:38 PM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Guys,

I know this thread is a little older but I just wanted to leave a quick message about our ISF header hardware kits. My personal apologies for the delay in getting the info to the people who had previously requested, I was working with upper management and it took a little bit of time. We've tried to prevent selling the hardware without a proof of header purchase in case people were maybe using the pieces in other applications which can be an issue. We've got it worked out now though that customers can purchase complete ISF header hardware kits. We unfortunately can't break it down into individual items (i.e. gaskets, control module, dipstick tube etc etc), you must buy all the pieces. So if you purchase a set of our headers used and need the hardware just PM me or shoot me an email to sales@sikky.com and I'll gladly get you setup. Thanks a lot guys!

-Justin
Sikky MFG
Old 03-27-13, 02:16 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

I can vouch for Justin. I ordered mine yesterday and they shipped it today. Thank you, Justin.
Old 03-27-13, 02:35 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Can you get the accessary kit without purchasing the SIKKY headers?
Old 03-27-13, 06:53 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadowISF
Can you get the accessary kit without purchasing the SIKKY headers?
Yes, they shipped me the accessory kit already. I did not purchase my headers from them.

Quick Reply: sikky header parts/accessories