IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

sikky header parts/accessories

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-13, 12:49 AM
vmatheboss
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sikky header parts/accessories

i purchased a used set of sikky headers and from what it seems. it will only come with the dipstick...the guy told me i can reuse the old bolts from my oem headers? and i will just need to get the exhaust manifold gasket (which is around 40 bucks at toyota)... i had to ask him regarding the "micro processor" and he told me all that did was cause the CEL to go on, so he recommended me to just tune the car instead of plugging it in (even though it does not come with this set of used headers).....

so now the main concern is, what parts/accessories will i need to get this set of headers running without issues? should i just contact ppe and ask them to sell me their o2 conditioner instead along with whatever gaskets/accessories i need instead of trying to get a hold of sikky which is taking a little long?

thanks
Old 03-09-13, 05:13 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya you are going to need the o2 sim. If you don't you are going to throw codes. You need the manifold gaskets as well as the gasket between the headers and the exhaust I believe you can pick up the gasket on PPE's website. Hope that helps.
Old 03-09-13, 07:12 AM
corndogger
Driver School Candidate

I was also recently looking at buying a used set of sikky headers on eBay. I contacted Justin at sikky and he informed me they don't sell accessory/hardware package separate from their headers. He then said they could make an exception if he could verify that the seller actually purchased a set of sikky headers (must be a lot of knockoff sikky headers being sold haha!) After a week of no responses to my emails, I gave up and will be going the ppe route (in black!). Too much hassle to save a couple hundred bucks!
Old 03-09-13, 07:36 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Yup, they would make an exception if you have the official invoice for the purchase.
Old 03-09-13, 07:37 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,368 Posts

To the OP. I just answered your PM.

Lou
Old 03-09-13, 03:39 PM
vmatheboss
Driver

thank you guys for all your answers. ill contact ppe if sikky wants to make that big of a hassle on obtaining simple accessories...i mean seriously, who the hell will buy knock off headers... i dont have the time to go ask the seller for receipt and all that.....

lou, thank you, ill be checking it now.
Old 03-09-13, 05:51 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would go with ppe since i went with them..they are the ****..perfect fitment and comes with everythign that you will need no questions it even comes with instructions on how to install them hands down the top of the line in my eyes
Old 03-09-13, 09:50 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vmatheboss
i purchased a used set of sikky headers and from what it seems. it will only come with the dipstick...the guy told me i can reuse the old bolts from my oem headers? and i will just need to get the exhaust manifold gasket (which is around 40 bucks at toyota)... i had to ask him regarding the "micro processor" and he told me all that did was cause the CEL to go on, so he recommended me to just tune the car instead of plugging it in (even though it does not come with this set of used headers).....

so now the main concern is, what parts/accessories will i need to get this set of headers running without issues? should i just contact ppe and ask them to sell me their o2 conditioner instead along with whatever gaskets/accessories i need instead of trying to get a hold of sikky which is taking a little long?

thanks
He told you the O2 sim would cause the CEL to go on??? The whole purpose of an O2 sim is to not throw CEL lights, does this guy even know what he is selling since he also told you to just get it tuned?? I would leave this missing parts set of headers alone and find another.
Old 03-09-13, 09:58 PM
vmatheboss
Driver

Originally Posted by CUTigers
He told you the O2 sim would cause the CEL to go on??? The whole purpose of an O2 sim is to not throw CEL lights, does this guy even know what he is selling since he also told you to just get it tuned?? I would leave this missing parts set of headers alone and find another.
yea thats what he told me, he said to just "tune" the car instead and that the micro processor was causing his CEL to go on....

its already too late since i paid for it..the sale was for the borla catback along with the headers...i had a good deal on it though.... so now im just going to get all the PPE accessories and use it for the sikky. thanks to Lou for the help with contacting PPE!
Old 03-09-13, 11:26 PM
James7
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

^ I thought we couldnt tune our cars tho ?? This isnt an ecu we can reflash now is there a standalone to do so ?? I think you take all that stuff and throw it back in that guys face ..
Old 03-09-13, 11:52 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

you must of gotten this off of ebay. sikky should sell the accessory kit regardless.
Old 03-10-13, 12:34 AM
vmatheboss
Driver

yes, it was off ebay, used as mentioned in the first post. but either way im going with ppe accessories instead.
Old 03-10-13, 06:45 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who is to say they are actually sikky headers and not just some shops remake. This could be and ugly mess. Hence why you never buy performance parts off eBay.
Old 03-10-13, 09:16 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,368 Posts

^^^^I just checked out the eBay add the OP bought. They do appear to be genuine Sikky headers and a Borla full cat back system. Used of course.

Lou
Old 03-10-13, 12:37 PM
vmatheboss
Driver

Originally Posted by zapa
Who is to say they are actually sikky headers and not just some shops remake. This could be and ugly mess. Hence why you never buy performance parts off eBay.
if they came from china and brand new, calling the headers, sikkky, we would have a problem....... now the guy that sold it was a legit seller and in the usa with positive feedbacks, it came off his own car..not sure if it was a forum member..... someone with a good rep on there wouldnt jeopardize their accounts off a "used" set of headers and exhaust.... not to mention i got an excellent deal on them

but that is off topic....it seems that i have my probs solved already, thanks again Lou.

Quick Reply: sikky header parts/accessories