ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Intake, exhaust and header in that order
Old 03-13-13, 02:49 PM
RCM83
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well talked to JE performance today, got quoted $740 to install headers AND exhaust!!! Man the GF will kill me if I spend this much but now it's just tempting
Old 03-13-13, 02:52 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

^^^^that's nothing! headers alone up in chitown range from $900-$1100 just headers!!!!
Old 03-13-13, 03:22 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by RCM83
Well talked to JE performance today, got quoted $740 to install headers AND exhaust!!! Man the GF will kill me if I spend this much but now it's just tempting
I think that's a spectacular deal considering the headers alone will be time consuming. For the shop to do both, I would jump at that quote immediately. Do you have a header and exhaust sett up in mind? Best of luck!
Old 03-13-13, 04:55 PM
RCM83
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
I think that's a spectacular deal considering the headers alone will be time consuming. For the shop to do both, I would jump at that quote immediately. Do you have a header and exhaust sett up in mind? Best of luck!
Ya I'm thinking Sikky/JoeZ. All said and done I think it will be about $3700 which is a LOT more than I really wanted to spend especially with not knowing what's going to happen with my job (government contractor). Maybe I can sell a watch from the collection to take a bit chunk out of that
Old 03-13-13, 06:53 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a great price on header+exhaust install. Jump on it!

I love hearing my exhausts so my order (if separate) would be: cat-back, intake (JoeZ pipe or just a filter), headers, then other intakes if you want that sound.

If you're not crazy about exhaust sound: headers, cat-back, intake.
Old 03-13-13, 08:18 PM
Turizmo01
Rookie

I'd do headers first, I'm working on getting that before an intake!
Old 03-13-13, 09:46 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hate to be "that guy"... but try secondary cat/muffler delete
Old 03-13-13, 09:53 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Hate to be "that guy"... but try secondary cat/muffler delete
nothing wrong with that. awesome mod.
Old 03-14-13, 11:52 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

I will just get them both done at JE. Just warning you, your car is going to be freaking loud compared to stock.
Old 03-14-13, 01:38 PM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

I originally thought I'd be doing all three of those as well.. After getting exhaust I have no desire to do intake or headers. From what I gathered on this forum, intake is pretty useless for power increases, so a couple hundred for looks in the engine bay and a little more sucking noise?

My ISS exhaust makes the car sound sooooo good, I get compliments every time someone is in my car. I wish I got it the first day I got my car. If I wanted it louder I coulda gotten the race ISS exhaust for the same price. Headers are pricey and for the 10% increase in power, I felt it was not necessary anymore. I rarely utilize the full potential of my car (even tho Im at WOT daily haha). So I ruled out headers for now, wheels or aero next for me.
Old 03-14-13, 02:18 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CaptAwsm
From what I gathered on this forum, intake is pretty useless for power increases, so a couple hundred for looks in the engine bay and a little more sucking noise?

My ISS exhaust makes the car sound sooooo good, I get compliments every time someone is in my car. I wish I got it the first day I got my car. If I wanted it louder I coulda gotten the race ISS exhaust for the same price. Headers are pricey and for the 10% increase in power, I felt it was not necessary anymore. I rarely utilize the full potential of my car (even tho Im at WOT daily haha). So I ruled out headers for now
Exactly. People say an intake helps the car "breathe better"... wtf does that even mean? An intake doesn't do anything for our cars. I also rarely utilize the full potential of my car and can't justify spending upwards of $2k on headers. Although if I get tired of 416hp and/or decide to track the car, I'll look into it.
Old 03-14-13, 05:47 PM
RCM83
Lead Lap

haha I've thought seriously about the muffler/cat delete as well. Basically this just comes down to bragging rights for the most part. I roll with a couple M3s to car events which are both modded and making 400 to the wheels now so a part of me wants to be able to keep up and play, the other part of me thinks its stupid to spend 3k+ just to be able to do that and would rather spend a few hundred for the delete for good sounds, and get a front lip and rear diffuser with some of the money instead.

Stupid peer pressure
Old 03-14-13, 08:53 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

I'm the opposite, I did a cat/muffler delete and wish I left everything on and got a true dual. If you stare at your oem exhaust long enough, you'll realize how restrictive it is and the potential a true dual can do for you.
Old 03-14-13, 09:04 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Removing cats and mufflers make it less restrictive for sure... your butt dyno also won't be able to tell a difference between the current setup and true dual.

Quick Reply: Exhaust or Headers First?