IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus IS F NEW Brake pad wear issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-13, 06:16 PM
localnark
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus IS F NEW Brake pad wear issue

OK Everyone I am fairly new to the website and was looking to get some help on a issue I am having, I have just recently replaced the front pads in my ISF with wearever brake pads. The install went fine and I used a new hardware kit (anti squeal stuff, pins, shims and retainer brackets. The rotors in the car are not new, they had about 18k of NY Driving on them, The ISSUE i am having is the very bottom of the LT rotor appears to be not making contact with the brake pad???WTF??
Any Body know of this or had this happen
Any suggestions on a fix, I have about 600 miles on them so far. I broke them in with the normal methods. The RT Side is fine with no issues.
Anybody think they will fully seat after a while or is this a bigger issue I am having???
I bought the pads because of the reviews I read about the lower brake dust and since the 600 miles there really isnt much NOTHING compaired to the OEM holy fudge oholy lol.

Old 03-17-13, 07:39 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

i believe that is normal with those pads. it wont make contact down the road either.
Old 03-17-13, 07:57 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Remember that your pads will "bed" into the areas that your pervious pads were sitting. There's not much you can do. I hope you checked your rotors to make sure they still meet the minimum thickness. 18k you should be ok, but since this is a wear item, every car will wear differently depending on driving conditions/styles.
Old 03-19-13, 12:19 PM
JKweezy
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

hey localnark... i have the wearever ceramics and mine is not like that... mine is rubbing the full disk so maybe you have a wrong part by chance... I've had mine for a while now so i'm not sure if it did that in the beginning but mine is making total contact with the disk...

on a side note, how are those G-Max tires as far as grip? they are hella cheap and pretty cool tread pattern... but usually with cool tread pattern there's associated wind noise, any with these?
Old 03-19-13, 03:12 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey localnark where in NY are you? PM me
Old 03-19-13, 05:15 PM
localnark
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the help bro!
Old 03-19-13, 05:16 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My PM didn't go through....anyways here's what I wanted to say:

What color/year is your F? I'll add you to NEISF....an organization I created to keep us Northeast ISF owners together: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...sf-thread.html

Also, there's an all ISF meet in DE on April 27....there are 40+ F's expected. Hope you can make it: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-dover-de.html
Old 03-19-13, 05:21 PM
localnark
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JKweezy
hey localnark... i have the wearever ceramics and mine is not like that... mine is rubbing the full disk so maybe you have a wrong part by chance... I've had mine for a while now so i'm not sure if it did that in the beginning but mine is making total contact with the disk...

on a side note, how are those G-Max tires as far as grip? they are hella cheap and pretty cool tread pattern... but usually with cool tread pattern there's associated wind noise, any with these?
Thank for the input!, The Gmax's arent the best thing ever! but to be honest there not terrible by any means, There a good low priced tire, I havent noticed any increase in road noise.
Old 03-19-13, 05:31 PM
localnark
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
My PM didn't go through....anyways here's what I wanted to say:

What color/year is your F? I'll add you to NEISF....an organization I created to keep us Northeast ISF owners together: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...sf-thread.html

Also, there's an all ISF meet in DE on April 27....there are 40+ F's expected. Hope you can make it: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-dover-de.html
Ya Man no problem 08/Red From Albany, NY
Old 03-19-13, 05:37 PM
localnark
Driver School Candidate

Well I feel there is only one thing to do, Replace both left side pads and see what happens, the rotor doesnt have a impression yet so i'm assuming its still good, going on vacation will update in a few weeks.