IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

hgmotorsports

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-13, 09:48 AM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I really hope I'm wrong, but perhaps they are not releasing any info because the gains are minimal for the price they'll be charging. I will definitely need proof of the gains before purchasing it.
Old 05-09-13, 11:02 AM
daedalus
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know this community has been strung along for years with claimed tunes that never actually come to fruition but daaaaang... the amount of whining and hating going on in this thread is whack.

I don't know how we convince a tuner to come forward and release a product for our niche community but i'm guessing it doesn't involve everyone talking crap about them with no info or proof of what they have or don't have to offer...

They said end of May or June... it's not end of May, so i'm not sure what we're speculating over?
Old 05-09-13, 11:17 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 190 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by daedalus
I know this community has been strung along for years with claimed tunes that never actually come to fruition but daaaaang... the amount of whining and hating going on in this thread is whack.

I don't know how we convince a tuner to come forward and release a product for our niche community but i'm guessing it doesn't involve everyone talking crap about them with no info or proof of what they have or don't have to offer...

They said end of May or June... it's not end of May, so i'm not sure what we're speculating over?
The thought of tuning the F is so groundbreaking and awe-inspiring that we all revert to the behavior of our teenage years in which we desired answers and instant gratification--yes, tuning a stock Ecu of a Lexus/Toyota is THAT amazing.
So, our speculation and whining is easily justified
Old 05-09-13, 12:30 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

as posted....its not the end of may yet also i have personally seen the dyno sheets. will i post what i saw? no. its that messed up? well sorry i was asked not too. in time everyone will see the end result.
Old 05-09-13, 01:53 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by amgone75
as posted....its not the end of may yet also i have personally seen the dyno sheets. will i post what i saw? no. its that messed up? well sorry i was asked not too. in time everyone will see the end result.
you are an evil, evil, evil man
Old 05-09-13, 02:16 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

not evil... just respecting what the company asked
Old 05-09-13, 03:07 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This goes beyond the ISF platform for me... Companies have been leading me on since the Celica/Mr2 3SGTE days (shoot I still go through it). Its not just the ISF ecu, its the entire Toyota lineup.

I heard story after story after story, threads that would go on for YEARS with the result ALWAYS the same, the companies just gave up and stopped posting.
Old 05-09-13, 10:18 PM
IronNam
Pit Crew

Received 84 Likes on 43 Posts

Tell me about it, I hear about LC Engineering's stuff for the 22RE and I still haven't seen videos of these damn 22RE's running their products, especially their $5k race motors they put together. 2013 and not a single video.

so yes, I can see how it's the Toyota line up.

As for the forum getting on these tuners, maybe it's just them setting a bar that they're expecting the tuner to leap up and beyond, because the first thing they want to see is something that is actually proven.
Old 05-13-13, 08:40 AM
HGMS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSxblazer
This......concerns me.

What kind of product ever goes to market with out teasing the market first? Not only that but he mentioned finalizing the tune. Well if its finalized why not give us more detailed info other than a supposed release date?

No, I am not an ISF owner. But I soon will be one and it would be great to find out by the time I get one that there is tuning options out there. But I am not holding my breathe. After all the research I have done, and after all the companies promises......I understand it won't happen.
We have not released the product on the market yet. We are finalizing the tune which means we are not completed with it yet. We will release dyno sheets and results once we have finalized the tune, and hardware.

If this was an easy thing to do, everyone would be doing it.
Old 05-13-13, 09:47 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

The post that we're going to see soon is that the project has been abandoned because the tune didn't yield the results they wanted.

Back to square 1. Lesson? Want to really tune your car? Buy German.
Old 05-13-13, 09:50 AM
allst4risf
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cant wait to see the results. its better to be optimistic in life!
Old 05-13-13, 11:31 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by allst4risf
cant wait to see the results. its better to be optimistic in life!
only if you want to live longer and be happier
Old 05-13-13, 12:00 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hopefully HGMS doesnt mistake our eagerness for results as a lack of respect for what they are doing. Alot of us are trying to be patient. If only we have something to look forward to,even if its just some numbers or an idea as to what the unit does or even a price at this point. It'll feed the curiosity of the people for the meantime... right? We're almost halfway through the month and patiently trying to wait to the end to see the finished product. Just give us a taste of what you guys have in store... please?!? LOL

I did notice one thing. HGMS is now a Vendor so thats a good sign right?

Last edited by aWorkOfArt; 05-13-13 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-13-13, 12:23 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
The post that we're going to see soon is that the project has been abandoned because the tune didn't yield the results they wanted.

Back to square 1. Lesson? Want to really tune your car? Buy German.
Or American
Old 05-13-13, 12:47 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Or American
Or a tunable Japanese

Quick Reply: hgmotorsports