chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Speculation ftw
Old 05-16-13, 11:08 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,021 Likes on 2,436 Posts

Pricing has nothing to do with MB, BMW, Subaru, Honda or any other manufacturer's pricing for aftermarket tunes. I'm going to imagine they will count their competitors, then decide what they can charge to be competitive in this market.

I've sold network capture cards that cost more than the servers running them. It wasn't because the cost of production was high, it was because there were no competitors who could make the same performance numbers we could. It appears to me there are no other US competitors, and unknown competition from Japan because we're not certain they can flash US market ECMs. I kind of think they can charge pretty much whatever they want...
Old 05-17-13, 02:04 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Group buy is less than 800$ u better believe it, the gain is about 25 to 30 wrhp is the safest for all bolts on ISF
I think Kody knows something we don't... I think I know who you talked to
Old 05-17-13, 05:58 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very interested but would rather pay more 6 months from now than be first up for the first OTS ISF tune ( 5 years running) for less money. I know Toyota/Lexus goes super conservative but for all of the crushed hopes and missed deadlines...I need to see it to believe it.

My biggest issue is the "we have something" but no even glimpse of ballparks or prototype test runs. To see any gains in a dyno I'd be more comfortable...
Old 05-18-13, 03:46 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
So if what you are saying is true, that should bring the ISF at around 430 - 435rwhp with full bolt-ons and the "tune".
if thats to the wheel then thats the "hp" if you get what im asking
Old 05-19-13, 09:01 PM
skottydznt
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spoke with an affiliate of HGMS on saturday at bimmerfest here in southern california. He quoted me that the tune should be out soon and that they made 43hp out of the tune. thatd be amazing if its true.
Old 05-20-13, 05:16 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by skottydznt
Spoke with an affiliate of HGMS on saturday at bimmerfest here in southern california. He quoted me that the tune should be out soon and that they made 43hp out of the tune. thatd be amazing if its true.
Depending on the price. Personally, if the tune is averaging ~43hp gains, it better not cost much more than headers. I know everyone has experienced different gains with Sikky/PPE/etc, but I believe the gains averaged 35-50whp. So to me, if you want me to pay more for the same power, no dice. Just my opinion though.
Old 05-20-13, 05:33 AM
tgui
Pole Position

Very neat and thanks for the info.

I wonder if this is WITH headers and exhaust. If so, not so great a gain. Anywho I'll stay positive.
Old 05-20-13, 11:00 AM
skottydznt
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i believe that was exhaust tune combined but not too certain. They weren't too open with releasing details.
Old 05-20-13, 11:34 AM
daedalus
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

43whp (even with exhaust and headers) would be an awesome gain... not sure why that would be considered a bad result. That's like some turbo car tune gain #'s out of an NA car with bolt ons.

I would think their initial #'s probably would be on a I/H/E ISF seeing as how we know their blue ISF is loud as hell.
Old 05-20-13, 11:38 AM
HGMS

Only one of our technicians attended Bimmerfest this past weekend to display a Supercharged E60 M5. He has not released any details regarding the tune, So this may have been one of our clients/friends who might have made that statement which is incorrect.

Everything is looking great though. We will have information to release towards the end of the month. Stay tuned.
Old 05-20-13, 12:11 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Too many eager beavers in this thread. Why can't everyone just wait for HG to release official numbers instead of spreading false rumors? This thread reminds me of the I-have-secret-sources-and-know-whether-or-not-they-will-discontinue-the-isf thread.
Old 05-20-13, 12:58 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

i do have secret sources....and powers... joking
Old 05-20-13, 01:21 PM
ShawnD
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I don't understand what all the cloak and dagger **** is on about. If you guys are making headway and fine tuning give the "F" crowd some updates, otherwise why keep posting "end of the month HUGE release?"
Old 05-20-13, 01:29 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

End of the month? ... but... but... but... that's so far away...

Just joking HGMS you are killing us with curiosity LOL!

Quick Reply: hgmotorsports