dwin888
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^that!
Old 06-07-13, 05:10 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

this tune business has me eyeing GTR's like nuts.... im getting a touch bored with my F
Old 06-07-13, 05:27 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
this tune business has me eyeing GTR's like nuts.... im getting a touch bored with my F
Agreed. Everyone acts like this shop has actually proved anything other than that they can keep the communities attention and hopes up.
Old 06-07-13, 05:51 AM
bondango
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Agreed. Everyone acts like this shop has actually proved anything other than that they can keep the communities attention and hopes up.
surely if you use phrases like "Ken Block" "Gymkhana 1" "Subaru and Motec Engine management "
"Gymkhana 2" "BMW, Porsche and Ferrari" in your sales pitch you must be a really really really really good company? LOL
Old 06-07-13, 05:52 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Im with darbs242, i would love me a GTR and could possibly find myself in one if they dont come out with a tuning solution...
Old 06-07-13, 06:27 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

lol everyone is thinking GTR, im thinking like FRS haha
Old 06-07-13, 06:29 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bondango
surely if you use phrases like "Ken Block" "Gymkhana 1" "Subaru and Motec Engine management "
"Gymkhana 2" "BMW, Porsche and Ferrari" in your sales pitch you must be a really really really really good company? LOL
LoL... This is what im talking about. A pitch without a product is air. If you guys are caught up by the pitch, just give me a call as ive got this amazing bridge to sell. When they give proof of anything, their claims will be validated. Until then its air.

Sending you a PM

Last edited by MRxSLAYx; 06-07-13 at 06:33 AM.
Old 06-07-13, 06:56 AM
madastep
Pole Position

Yea, i read all these but don't usually post, because your right, it's just air until you see the proof. only real hope i have is the D3 shop working on the Pro EFI solution
Old 06-07-13, 07:50 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by streetx
Have fun. You'll have to do a crap load of mods to even be on par with the F.....and even more to surpass the performance of the F.
Old 06-07-13, 09:45 AM
CarbonISF
Rookie

I'm with you on this. Right now I'm looking at getting a new ISF or something to make a track car. The FRS can be turbo'd easily and run 400whp with times in the 11s on stock internals and a $5000 turbo kit. For track use it would probably be wise to build the motor and transmission, but even after $15k of work, the car is still substantially cheaper than an ISF. Although this isn't a fair comparison, track performance is only one aspect of a vehicle.

The TT-RS is interesting, with AWD and easy to tune and upgrade, it can achieve GTR levels of performance with a small investment. I think I saw over 500whp with just a turbo upgrade and all stock motor and fuel system. They claimed 2.8sec 0-60. I haven't seen a TT-RS on the track before, so I like it for the unique factor. Just Audi reliability scares the crap out of me.

Anyway, I'd love to see an ISF tuning solution so I can make a decision. Come on HG... you know that last update was the definition of smoke and mirrors vaporware. You're having trouble, at least give us an honest update.
Old 06-09-13, 08:15 AM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

I'm with you I've been looking at FRS/BRZ I think this car will give you purer driving experience than GTR, yes the GTR will be faster but for true driving experience without all computer wizardry that GTR offers. Yes GTR is fast and handle extremely well and can make insane amounts of power but is it you or computer algorithm that driving car? There something to said about small light weight car with absolute great handling and steering that give porshe like driving characteristic for half price FRS/BRZ is great platform for different type of driving experience.

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Have fun. You'll have to do a crap load of mods to even be on par with the F.....and even more to surpass the performance of the F.
Hey VJ may not as much as you think new BRZ 27k plus another 20K in mods and install so call it 50k and you could get company like Crawford and there 430hp 500tq BRZ all in car in that weight 1000 pounds less than F.

Last edited by Weapon F; 06-09-13 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-09-13, 06:55 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

^I hope that factors in labor...I could understand why people would eye a BRZ or FRS, but that still is a lot of mods. From what I have witnessed, cars that do not come with turbo/sc's from the factory have long term reliability issues, which is important to me.
Old 06-09-13, 08:44 PM
ISFNYC
Driver

Originally Posted by darbs242
i feel the same way every time i see a Gtr like i did today its like i have to take it to the next level> F to the Gtr
Old 06-10-13, 03:53 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
I'm with you I've been looking at FRS/BRZ I think this car will give you purer driving experience than GTR, yes the GTR will be faster but for true driving experience without all computer wizardry that GTR offers. Yes GTR is fast and handle extremely well and can make insane amounts of power but is it you or computer algorithm that driving car? There something to said about small light weight car with absolute great handling and steering that give porshe like driving characteristic for half price FRS/BRZ is great platform for different type of driving experience.

Hey VJ may not as much as you think new BRZ 27k plus another 20K in mods and install so call it 50k and you could get company like Crawford and there 430hp 500tq BRZ all in car in that weight 1000 pounds less than F.

http://youtu.be/oLP-HCcX9as
No thanks....I just came from the world of highly modified subarus and it gets really old waiting for something to break. I owned my 06 sti for 6 years and it was a blast but even after putting over 25k into the motor, suspension and brakes, it was just a matter of time until i would have needed to invest a bunch more money. Performance with bulletproof reliability is actually the main reason i was initially interested in the is-f. Im sure the brz is crazy awesome to drive but you can actually hear it breaking up mid way through the rpms at one part of the video. Their is sooo much else that goes along with making huge power in a car that isn't meant for it.
Old 06-10-13, 06:57 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

^What chris just said is exactlyyyyy what I meant to say. In theory you can take any car and modify it to make more power, but it's only a matter of time until something breaks. This is the primary reason I kept my Integra bone stock. Everyone here knows how mod-friendly the Integra is, mods are endless for that thing. With just 10k I could make it faster than my F, but I chose to keep it stock because when you start modding, you don't stop....then it just becomes a money pit instead of being fun to drive.

IMO the GTR is a better platform to build on.....monster power from the factory with a transmission & power plant that can withstand lots of additional power. In regards to the computer driving the car or you, this is also why I'd prefer a 911 Turbo/GT3....more driver involvement with the manual transmission.

Even with the tune from HG who knows about long term reliability for the F.

Quick Reply: hgmotorsports