IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

hgmotorsports

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-13, 02:45 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

still not getting my hopes up but this does sound like a good direction.
Old 04-02-13, 06:22 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

well got back from talking with the tuner. its not a reflash like the sard tuner. it plugs into the ecu and stays there til u want it off. he has been working on it for about 3 years and honestly it looks promising. some options will be a fuel saving mode,running 91 and running 100 octane. these features will be able to be toggled through using an app on an android or iphone. he is currently running these modules on an isf a mercedes a tacoma and frs.all owners have been issue free. he asked me not to say about the dyno graphs yet.he wants the unit complete before publishing it to the world. he said this unit is strictly for NA applications and not turbo or supercharged. i forgot to ask about nitrous. so my guess is with this tuner...for under a grand, will produce numbers between an aftermarket exhaust and aftermarket header numbers. not bad for the price. its looking to be completed in about under 2 months. ill be doing a custom tune for my car but hg will let me know if im gonna have to wait til the units are ready in 2 months or they might let me use their product and tune sooner. hopefully sooner. groundbreaking news? hmmm u be the judge.just reporting my findings. and if i do get a tune sooner....ill report back

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-02-13 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Gb discussion, lets keep this open
Old 04-02-13, 06:28 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^ sounds very promising. Please keep us posted and will the tune be for a stock ISF or one that had headers and exhaust on it already. I would think you could squeeze more out of the one with headers and exhaust.
Old 04-02-13, 06:30 PM
rc2o6
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exciting news! Thanks for taking the time to check it out. Keep us informed

Originally Posted by amgone75
well got back from talking with the tuner. its not a reflash like the sard tuner. it plugs into the ecu and stays there til u want it off. he has been working on it for about 3 years and honestly it looks promising. . some options will be a fuel saving mode,running 91 and running 100 octane. these features will be able to be toggled through using an app on an android or iphone. he is currently running these modules on an isf a mercedes a tacoma and frs.all owners have been issue free. he asked me not to say about the dyno graphs yet.he wants the unit complete before publishing it to the world. he said this unit is strictly for NA applications and not turbo or supercharged. i forgot to ask about nitrous. so my guess is with this tuner...for under a grand, will produce numbers between an aftermarket exhaust and aftermarket header numbers. not bad for the price. its looking to be completed in about under 2 months. ill be doing a custom tune for my car but hg will let me know if im gonna have to wait til the units are ready in 2 months or they might let me use their product and tune sooner. hopefully sooner. groundbreaking news? hmmm u be the judge.just reporting my findings. and if i do get a tune sooner....ill report back

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-02-13 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Edit to quoted post
Old 04-02-13, 06:41 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like good news David! You be the guinea pig and let us know how it goes... Im glad they are in SD, local!!
Old 04-02-13, 06:56 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the detective work... Kinda sounds like elite to me though...
Originally Posted by amgone75
well got back from talking with the tuner. its not a reflash like the sard tuner. it plugs into the ecu and stays there til u want it off. he has been working on it for about 3 years and honestly it looks promising. These features will be able to be toggled through using an app on an android or iphone. he is currently running these modules on an isf a mercedes a tacoma and frs.all owners have been issue free. he asked me not to say about the dyno graphs yet.he wants the unit complete before publishing it to the world. he said this unit is strictly for NA applications and not turbo or supercharged. i forgot to ask about nitrous. so my guess is with this tuner...for under a grand, will produce numbers between an aftermarket exhaust and aftermarket header numbers. not bad for the price. its looking to be completed in about under 2 months. ill be doing a custom tune for my car but hg will let me know if im gonna have to wait til the units are ready in 2 months or they might let me use their product and tune sooner. hopefully sooner. groundbreaking news? hmmm u be the judge.just reporting my findings. and if i do get a tune sooner....ill report back

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-02-13 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Edit to quoted post
Old 04-02-13, 07:00 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Very interesting. Subscribing.
Old 04-02-13, 07:07 PM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2ndGF
Sounds like good news David! You be the guinea pig and let us know how it goes... Im glad they are in SD, local!!
Time to order the PPE headers. So you'll have it installed by the time the tune is available.
Old 04-02-13, 07:17 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lol, you read my mind... i was just thinking that a few minutes ago!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-02-13 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Gb discussion
Old 04-02-13, 07:22 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Let's roll Socal ISF , i'll see how much gain this baby get will dyno before and after
Old 04-02-13, 07:25 PM
psixtc
Pole Position

Old 04-02-13, 07:43 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

if hg allows me to ...than yes ill have it installed before the tuner is out on the market
Old 04-02-13, 08:04 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So will this strictly be for local Cali guys or would this be able to be shipped and installed locally?
Old 04-02-13, 08:14 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Good job amgone75! couple of questions.

what about the people that run 93?

has HG said anything about dips in the power band and not just peak power at full redline? i dont want to lose low end torque or drive ability . also is it a safe tune where the engine reliability isnt sacrificed for max power?

very excited about this. most on here are maxed out on power , hungry for more mods. this might just be it.
Old 04-02-13, 08:23 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

the blue isf has been running it since oct last year. little tweaks here and there were done but basically hg has been able to net a decent amount of hp safely with no reliabilty issues and no dips in the powerband. ill ask more about guys running 93 and its not stickly for cali...it will be open to everyone

Quick Reply: hgmotorsports