IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

hgmotorsports

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-13, 11:58 AM
TOMW
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Sorry, but this sounds like air unless we have any concrete proof. I would love for it to be true, trust me. But as of now, we still have no proof of this.
Proof is coming, read above
Old 04-06-13, 12:24 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TOMW
Did pro-efi develop a unit specifically for the ISF? The 128, which is at the top of Pro-Efi's products, only has the ability to handle 12 injectors. I would definitely like to hear more about this new pro efi setup that the ISFs you speak of are utilizing. Let us know how it works out with your car
Old 04-06-13, 01:05 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

i am also waiting for this proof. all tuning threads have died or the owners of certain turbo F get all defensive and dont share the knowledge...why dont they share?? cause theres no tuning solution. HG is not reflashing,cracking the ecu..simply getting more hp and tq by their plug and play device. it changes things just before the ecu detecs somethings going on. but as i find out more ...ill report back
Old 04-06-13, 01:09 PM
TOMW
Rookie

Did pro-efi develop a unit specifically for the ISF? The 128, which is at the top of Pro-Efi's products, only has the ability to handle 12 injectors. I would definitely like to hear more about this new pro efi setup that the ISFs you speak of are utilizing. Let us know how it works out with your car
Will post some more info for you on monday
Old 04-06-13, 04:21 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,021 Likes on 2,436 Posts

We already heard how they're addressing the 16 injector problem - they're using batch fire on the port injectors instead of individual drivers for all 16 injectors. Keep in mind, a V-8 is just two four cylinder engines with a common crank, and you can easily run a four cylinder with just two drivers by batching 1 - 4 & 2 - 3. Same thing with ignition if you're really tight on ECU resources.

I won't say it's not true, but from everything I've heard so far, the Pro EFI solution will be a lot like the HKS F-ConV. Essentially running in a piggyback mode or possible an emulation mode to convince the OEM ECM all is quiet on the western front while the Pro EFI unit handles the important tuning parameters. So, no one is building either a crack for the Lexus ECM or a standalone capable of running all the various ECUs on an IS-F.

If I were to hazard a guess at what HG is doing, I'd say they're probably intercepting CAN messages and lying to the ECM to make it do something different than stock. Which isn't bad, and it's certainly one way to get the running parameters changed, but I'd call it a fine tune, not a "re-tune" where the Pro EFI setup could potentially re-tune almost anything it wants. I also imagine there will be a significant price disparity between these solutions when they come to market.
Old 04-07-13, 08:15 AM
TOMW
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
We already heard how they're addressing the 16 injector problem - they're using batch fire on the port injectors instead of individual drivers for all 16 injectors. Keep in mind, a V-8 is just two four cylinder engines with a common crank, and you can easily run a four cylinder with just two drivers by batching 1 - 4 & 2 - 3. Same thing with ignition if you're really tight on ECU resources.

I won't say it's not true, but from everything I've heard so far, the Pro EFI solution will be a lot like the HKS F-ConV. Essentially running in a piggyback mode or possible an emulation mode to convince the OEM ECM all is quiet on the western front while the Pro EFI unit handles the important tuning parameters. So, no one is building either a crack for the Lexus ECM or a standalone capable of running all the various ECUs on an IS-F.

If I were to hazard a guess at what HG is doing, I'd say they're probably intercepting CAN messages and lying to the ECM to make it do something different than stock. Which isn't bad, and it's certainly one way to get the running parameters changed, but I'd call it a fine tune, not a "re-tune" where the Pro EFI setup could potentially re-tune almost anything it wants. I also imagine there will be a significant price disparity between these solutions when they come to market.
You are correct, but a tad more info that i will share on monday, pro efi will be pricey, but i believe they will be the best option for mo powa.
Old 04-08-13, 08:18 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Monday is here, where is the info?

You are correct, but a tad more info that i will share on monday, pro efi will be pricey, but i believe they will be the best option for mo powa.

Yes, the RC-F.

Something big is coming for the isf here in a couple months or less!

Can you arrange a friendly race against this ECU-flashed ISF and see how your car stands? That'll give us an idea of the power difference.

Originally Posted by amgone75
believe me...im tired of the fairytail threads or people not being proactive with updates. i really hope this mini tune works
Old 04-08-13, 09:19 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Still early... Hopefully everything works out with the Pro-Efi
Old 04-08-13, 09:22 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

I want in that race too i'm local lolz
Old 04-08-13, 02:38 PM
haydog
Driver

It's Monday... More info????
Old 04-08-13, 03:08 PM
TOMW
Rookie

Originally Posted by Juanca
Monday is here, where is the info?

Yes, the RC-F.

Can you arrange a friendly race against this ECU-flashed ISF and see how your car stands? That'll give us an idea of the power difference.
Been sick all day, will update by tomorrow evening
Old 04-08-13, 04:43 PM
wiredGS400
Driver

Been sick all day, will update by tomorrow evening
Uh Oh. Hope you feel better.

But, is this the beginning of the end of this thread?
Old 04-08-13, 10:16 PM
NERD42
Driver

Im in on this...
Old 04-09-13, 11:41 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

So.... Whats the deal?
Old 04-09-13, 12:02 PM
PhiDeltBee