IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

For those that dont want to be loud!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-13, 04:55 AM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those that dont want to be loud!

I was on the quest of figuring out how my f will run w just headers and the secondary cats removed. I did this because I think the stock exhaust is great like the stock intake.

so far my results are as follows:

first i installed headers had a baseline number of 340 whp before headers, after headers the resulttsts was 370 whp
the car at start up became louder but as it warms up gets quiet, the ride is almost as stock but you feel more the engine, no drone at all. good so far!

second; I installed joe z intake tube and afe wet filter, and removed the secondary cats.
so far no dyno yet but one what so ever at drivingto my surprise the car still sounds very close to stock , and no drone while driving. it should gained some power because my but dyno feels it!!!
IM glad so far with it the only thing left to do is hit the dyno for my final results i hope ill be close to the 380-390 mark with no nascar v8 noise ,drone and with the only investment of ppe headers joex intake and a drop in... ill keep posting when i hit dyno for results
Old 04-04-13, 05:14 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's my exact setup right now (I have stock filter though). You're very correct in that the car pretty much sounds stock except on cold startup. I think the car need just a bit more growl (after coming from deleted cats and mufflers), so I'm STILL waiting on my Joe Z exhaust (like pulling teeth with Carson right now). I DO wonder how restrictive the mashed section and stock mufflers are?
Old 04-04-13, 05:23 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Great to know both you guys have done this. Any vids of how your setup currently sounds?
Old 04-04-13, 06:38 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah videos would be nice... both at WOT and revving. So you have stock mufflers, with no cats?
Old 04-04-13, 08:07 AM
rhy
Pole Position

Going from headers + stock exhaust to headers + JoeZ will sound like Armageddon
Old 04-04-13, 08:36 AM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

I went from Joe Z for 2 months. Joe Z + PPE headers for a month and couldnt stand the drone so went back to stock exhaust + PPE. It was good for a couple of months and got to quiet for me. Now I have the PPE + Borla. Its the best combo I have. Little to no drone at all under 2k rpm. Its loud when you go woot, but for regular driving it perfect. I regretted getting the headers. For me the Joe Z was perfect for DD w/o the headers.
Old 04-04-13, 07:12 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

I'm going to post a video thread with the following:

Stock
Deleted 2nd cats only
Deleted 2nd cats and mufflers
Deleted 2nd cats and mufflers with PPE headers
Deleted 2nd cats with PPE headers
PPE headers with Joe Z exhaust

Just waiting to get the freakin Joe Z exhaust in to video it. I think I'll be the first to give a comparison between Joe Z and deleted 2nd cats and mufflers. I'm really looking forward to getting it in to get all this done....so stay tuned.

I DID get my F-sport sway bar and new front Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires in today. Trying to get everything installed on the same night, but still waiting on the pipes! Ugh!
Old 04-04-13, 09:58 PM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

I dont know how to post videos!!! but i can make any video you guys whant, THIS IS THE FIRTS OPPORTUNITY EVER !!!to get any doubts of the way ,about the stock exhaust crushed Y if it robs power or not! , and a comparisson of stock exhaust vs aftermarket ,it would be a great idea to take phi delta bee ride to the dyno and then back with the joe z, it would be an excellent way to show how restrictive really is the oem crush Y portion on the stock exhaust, and if aftermarket exhaust are just noise makers or whp producers...Im hitting the dyno next week, ill post my results but cannot compare my # w an aftermaket exhaust because im not going to get one!
Old 04-05-13, 04:24 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the work guys... KOKISF you can upload your vids to youtube, and copy and paste the link directly here. Uploading vids to YT is fairly simple.
Old 04-05-13, 04:45 AM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

ill try it during the weekend
Old 04-06-13, 06:54 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

I got the ppe headers and joe z exhaust with the k n n intake and my car sounds like a beast and hauls *** I dont' mind the noise cause I hardly get to drive my isf but I will dyno it asap cause I ordered the map sensor from toms just got ****s n giggles wish me luck guyslol trying to see if I can hit back to the 400 mark since I live in perfect altitude for engines..lol gotta love Hawaii right..lol